Shortest 18650 mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylem

Dec 10, 2017
Oz
Hi all,

I stocked up on Wismec reuleaux RX200s a while ago; after three years I'm on my second of five. It's only used at home where longevity is key (3 × 18650) and since weight isn't an issue, heavy build quality is preferred. But the real reason I wanted it is its height @ 83.5mm—the shortest I could find at the time.

What's the shortest 3 × 18650 mod w/decent build quality these days? (I had a jaybo Wismec Gen3 (74mm) about a 6 months ago; its battery-hinge clips snapped after a couple of months. I wonder if a protective silicone sleeve would help prevent this?)

Cheers, happy vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaping.

EDIT: Is it possible to change title to "Shortest 3 × 18650 mods"?

ylem

Dec 10, 2017
Oz
Not Inexpensive but great quality.

Most are going to be around 85 mm as the batteries are 65 mm and some space is needed for parts
Looks good, and I expect anything with a DNA chipset to have decent build quality. The Triade looks built like a tank, but it's a bit tall @ 89.3mm.

I once found a Noisy Cricket on sale for AUD 5, bought two. The first one killed two of my batteries, but they were mechs and I have no idea what I'm doing with those. About as short as possible though.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I add another suggestion for the Gen 3 - size wise, is the smallest 3 cell mod I have. It comes handy when vaping with mesh coils, who require steady power of 75 - 80 Watt.
The three cell configuration makes battery live longer and better, and you have no need to recharge during the day.
I'm cloud-chasing less and less for various reasons, but I use the Gen 3 and the latest "shoe" Roleaux for the task.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
What's the shortest 3 × 18650 mod w/decent build quality these days? (I had a Jaybo Wismec Gen3 (74mm) about a 6 months ago; its battery-hinge clips snapped after a couple of months. I wonder if a protective silicone sleeve would help prevent this?)
thats the smallest 3battery mod out there, i have one, mine has been abused since so long ago, i'm pretty sure i have luck with this brand, many people claim them to be low quality brand and so products, but in the bottom line they all have served me well, also i do like a lot wismec RX dna mod, its a dna 75 200W mod or so, but is amazing, bit larger and bigger compared to RXGen3,

EDIT: Is it possible to change title to "Shortest 3 × 18650 mods"?
again, the RX Gen 3 is the smallest one, at least im my concers, i did searched some weeks ago and still the smallest!

I add another suggestion for the Gen 3 - size wise, is the smallest 3 cell mod I have. It comes handy when vaping with mesh coils, who require steady power of 75 - 80 Watt.
The three cell configuration makes battery live longer and better, and you have no need to recharge during the day.
I'm cloud-chasing less and less for various reasons, but I use the Gen 3 and the latest "shoe" Roleaux for the task.
my old RX is now tied with high wattage setups on some bigass rta's like creed and jugerknot or also tied to use RDA's only, i like its shape, weight and design, i do recognize is not a durable brand even when is the only one 2 of my friends still have, for those that dont own battery charger, please get one to use this mod, battery balance is a crap on most of them, you will end-up with not properly balanced batteries, and short life spam on your batteries too,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread