• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Show me your builds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I figured out sub forum has gotten terrible boring and mundane; it's mostly troubleshooting threads or fools begging for sources for juice and kits. I kinda wanna see smth more exciting. So...

I wanna see what you folks are building on your rda, rta. Heck, if you've figured out some ultra fancy way of rebuilding a protank, I wanna see it too! Even better if you end up posting a nice little step by step guide on how to do it. Of course, if you wanna show a picture of how it performs, snap a selfie if it tickles your fancy; just don't be a goodu and post one with your face clearly visible.

To start things off, I have a Double 32ga twisted kanthal, 7 wraps, 1.3 ohms. vertical build.

ypa7e3a2.jpg

ejy8y3y9.jpg

The single most impt thing: the coil must must must be aligned with the airhole
guqu6amy.jpg

My little secret to ensure success. A lot of people fail and say that the airflow is horrendous even after aligning the coil with the hole. That's because during the wicking stage, the cotton gets caught between the airhole and the bottom of the coil. Leave the drill bit in it while wicking, and you're guaranteed a clear air channel
amaryby9.jpg

udyty8ym.jpg

yqy6ubat.jpg

Unfortunately, the nature of the build is such that the top leg is extra long because it has to come down to the screw. So that leads to a hot leg. Place a wick over (it reaches down to the deck on both side). Extra vapor!
anaremyd.jpg

aputuhy9.jpg

6u4yzupe.jpg

And of course, the vape:

uha9e4y5.jpg

Interesting I've learnt about the vertical build is that less isn't always more. Unlike in normal microcoils where using too much cotton will choke the coil and lead to dry hits, there is absolutely nothing to get choked here.

You can see here that the build got pretty fat and bulky at the end.
Just from simple trial and error, I found that getting a fatter wick around the coil gives me a slight wetter and definitely way more saturated vapor. It's almost like im eating it. Very very flavorful. Wicking is also not at issue at all. I've got Boba's bounty on this sucker and she's working sweet.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
I just quad twist my 32ga but waiting for my ohm meter to come before I use it. Now I don't have to because I know 7 wraps will roughly give me 0.7 ohms. Haha.

Btw, will kinks in the twisted wire be of any issue ?

Yeah. The more wires you use, the more likely they kink. The section with the kink cannot be used: they have a hot spot that cannot be resolved.

Also I found that for 32ga, increasing the number of wires really brings up the heat and throat hit. I use primarily double 32 and triple 32.

Last edited:

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Anyways, made the legendary Mundy's Magic Wires last night. It's phenomenal. Goes through juice like crazy, but it's a really good vape

yvaqydu3.jpg

ja4e9utu.jpg

yzuzytan.jpg

2u4u2uva.jpg

hamu2aje.jpg

Good tutorial!

I have done this but it gave me 0.5ohm, initially it give good flavour and TH, but the gunt on the coil is too fast, might be my juice

Got to try out again when I am free

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Don't worry about the silence..... Its an edgy thing we are engaged in here. But.... Based on my experience, what you've shown is very close to the "holy grail" for some people. Its not for everybody but some will love it.

I do find this configuration a little too "cool" for my liking, lacking that "vaporized mix" in taste. I personally do the chimney with single coil awg26.

Great effort to reduce others' effort!

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Oh snap fancy!

Did a quad coil earlier today, came out to 0.35 ohms. Delicious, but got a tad too warm for me. Will post pictures when I can.

Gotta say, I couldn't care less for cloud chasing (more of a flavor guy), but nth more satisfying that having a warm dense vape after a meal. Mmm

Alsoooo, for the kayfun enthusiasts like myself who like warmer vapes, this is good

ge4equru.jpg

5ana8eba.jpg

a4e7a7yt.jpg

Bloooody PITA to get secure though.

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Don't worry about the silence..... Its an edgy thing we are engaged in here. But.... Based on my experience, what you've shown is very close to the "holy grail" for some people. Its not for everybody but some will love it.

I do find this configuration a little too "cool" for my liking, lacking that "vaporized mix" in taste. I personally do the chimney with single coil awg26.

Great effort to reduce others' effort!

Interesting. I personally prefer a warm to warmer vape, and I find thinner wires to give me a warmer vape. My triple twisted 32 for example gives a heck of a warm vape.

Then again I'm not a big fan of sub ohming. 0.8 to 1.3 ohms at anywhere between 14 and 22 watts makes me a happy fella.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Then again I'm not a big fan of sub ohming. 0.8 to 1.3 ohms at anywhere between 14 and 22 watts makes me a happy fella.

I am not a big fan of sub ohm build too. For sub ohm, my battery run too fast and juices empty too fast

Mine is always around 0.8-1ohm and for VV / VW. Alway use around 1.5 to 1.8ohm

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Sigmazxcs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
The Land of ERP and Pee-A-Pee
Maybe I should post my current builds. Both are cloud chucking and extremely flavorful and warm.

On my stillare:
0.5ohms dual micro coils
7 wraps of 28gauge
Kinda like this build, but a little too cool for AFC like the stillare. I made this in 10mins, so it's the first build on the stillare. Was aiming 0.4~0.35ohms. I have to say, it's hard to adapt to building on the stillare because there's just so much room! Everything moves everywhere!

On my valkyrie hybrid:
Unknown resistance, I'm guessing 0.3~0.2ohms.
Parallel 28 gauge at about 10wraps.

This. Is. A. Concert. Fogger.
The vapor production is off the chart! Let me strike a comparison.
2 drops on my stillare gives me about 4 moderate drags (1~3 seconds). 2 drops on my valkyrie gives me a 3 seconds drag with a dry hit to boot. 4 drops gives me about 2 x 3s drags. My juice have been disappearing. I wonder why... Hmm.

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Interesting. I personally prefer a warm to warmer vape, and I find thinner wires to give me a warmer vape. My triple twisted 32 for example gives a heck of a warm vape.

That's the thing about RBAs isn't it? "Tuning" to our taste. Of course you must forgive me, I am not an expert at micro coils. Just a coupla months ago I was still tweaking mesh and cursing at the shorts. Just say I am still a little old school, trying to get the biggest clouds and lowest ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread