The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigelei 100 watt.

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by wheelie, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wheelie

wheelie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    When running for clouds with the duel battery Sigelei 100w is Sony VTC5's over kill? Can I get away with anything less amps? Would like to save my matched Sony's if not needed. Thanks.

Decided on leaving in my new and last set of Sony VTC5's incase I decide to go to 100 watts for fun. LOL

2. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    i use LG HE2 in mine and they work ok at 100w in mr sigelei

if it were me i would save the vtc5's for something that requires more power if i had access to other batteries:)

3. Froth

Froth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2014
    Chipotle.
    Samsung 25R will power the 100W without any issues and they're $6 per battery. - 18650 Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top

I strictly vape below .20 ohms with mechanical mods, the Samsung 25R gives the VTC5 a real run for its money especially when you compare price to performance. My VTC5's have been sitting collecting dust, I haven't charged them since my 25R's arrived two weeks ago.

4. Jspike21

Jspike21 Senior Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Depends on your ohms and amps required. If you're subohming pretty low the VTC5s are great.

5. kickflipsnnollies

kickflipsnnollies Moved On

Aug 16, 2014
    Everytownville, USA
    I run 20a 3100 mAh Efests in mine with no issues. The max amperage (.15 ohm resistance, 100 W) that the device can even put out is just under 13 amps per battery. I see no need for 30 amp batteries. I use the ones I do because the device can't put out 20 amps per battery and they have the highest capacity I could find.

6. tmassey

tmassey Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2012
    texas
    Only problem with this is that when you run series batteries they should be thought of as a single 8.4 volt 20a battery...though I doubt you will have any trouble considering people regularly exceed the max continuous discharge rate of their batteries. Only bothered responding so others don't think if they just stack batts In a mech they can pull double the max discharge rate without problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. CoilinTrouble

CoilinTrouble Super Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Agreed I absolutely love the 25r even over my VTC5's. Cheap, extremely reliable and powerful. Just make sure, as with any battery, that its authentic. Im using two 25r's in my Sigelei 150 and it lasts me almost, if not, all day (and I chain vape all day...severely)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.