Sigelei 150w TC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevQ3

Jun 28, 2014
Munster, Indiana
So, I have the Sig 150 temp control and I think I have an issue with it. I'm using a Kanger subox Mini tank with the Ni200 head in it. I've got the Joules set to 40 and the temp on 400f. However, I don't feel the temp control kicking in. At first, I thought maybe I forgot to prime the coil and burnt it out. So, I threw it on my dna 200 and on my Evic both without problems and works like a charm. I've been through the settings and I can't figure it out at all..

Any Advice? Is there something I'm missing with the setup? I locked in the ohms and everything...

RevQ3

Jun 28, 2014
Munster, Indiana
Hi Rev. What exactly do you mean you don't "feel" the TC kicking in? Is it not making vapor? What?
It's making vapor but just getting hotter and hotter and giving a burnt taste. When you (or at least when I) use Temp control, you can feel it kicking in and regulating the watts. It'll do this on the DNA 200, on the EVIC, and the Sig will do it with the nickel coil I made. But for some reason the Subox mini tank won't engage the temp control on the Sig even though its an Ni200

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
It's making vapor but just getting hotter and hotter and giving a burnt taste. When you (or at least when I) use Temp control, you can feel it kicking in and regulating the watts. It'll do this on the DNA 200, on the EVIC, and the Sig will do it with the nickel coil I made. But for some reason the Subox mini tank won't engage the temp control on the Sig even though its an Ni200
That may be the strangest story I have read here. The ST Mini works TC on your other machines, but not the Sig? And the Sig works TC with a different coil? I have absolutely no idea. I vote vape gremlins. Try changing the coil, see if that helps. Sounds like the Siggie is not seeing it as a TC coil, for some odd reason. What ohms does the ST Mini TC coil read? Out of spec for the Sig, maybe?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
No, it's .15 and the Sig reads it at .16. So, it seems like a fair reading. I've been trying to find if the Sig does Titanium to see if I have it in that mode, but I know on the Evic if I use a Nickel head in Titanium mode, it's a weak not a super strong vape. But even so, there isn't a titanium mode on the Sig... I'm confounded.
So am I, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread