Sigeli 150W Upgrade to Temp Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
I don't know the specifics of the TC 150, but I'd assume Sigelei wouldn't offer a chip upgrade service on current boxes. Vapor shark did that sort of upgrade for the DNA40 chip. The new 150 will be competitively priced, it has to be considering where things are going.

What vaporshark did wasn't a software update though, it was a physical chip replacement for the rDNA30, though with the price drops you can pretty damned near buy a brand new rDNA40 for the price of the upgrade which makes the service kind of pointless.

Anyway, there's almost zero chance of TC being introduced to any existing mod based on any major chip-set after the fact.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
What vaporshark did wasn't a software update though, it was a physical chip replacement for the rDNA30, though with the price drops you can pretty damned near buy a brand new rDNA40 for the price of the upgrade which makes the service kind of pointless.

Anyway, there's almost zero chance of TC being introduced to any existing mod based on any major chip-set after the fact.

Right, I was referring to their chip upgrade service in which they use the new DNA40 chip. I doubt there's anyway to update a existing chip to TC via software. Maybe the "upgrade" term was misunderstood.

And yes that DNA40 is super affordable now in the vapor shark box. The service upgrade is still there, but that started when the the 40 was introduced. I think the VS DNA40 was like $180 when it first hit. At $100 I almost want to grab one, but there's too much hitting the market now and I gotta play the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread