• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sign the petition now - or regret it later !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Thanks for trying Ipster, its a real pity - imagine how many sigs if it was open to all.

Oh,(Kycap) I personally signed with my dual citizenship and my Hong Kong Address. I think most US supporters will be prevented. I was thinking of saving them the dead end attempts.
I did have difficulty going back to view signatures and see the present number completed.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
For 100,000 its going to need every possible visibility avenue. (Can it become a "call to action"?; posted atop as a sticky/starter?) and emailed!
Lets ask all of you wonderful members who've signed, if you'll also be able to spread word to everyone you know-asking for support.
You dont need to be ECF to sign!
Please SIGN and Spread the news.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I dont know how many people actually use ecigs in the UK, but if a political party decides to take this up as policy and is in favour of allowing sale of ecigs and liquids to remain as it is, or perhaps with a little extra regulation / tax and other parties have anti-ecig policies then the party with the pro-ecig policy would get a lot of extra votes. I would expect a very high percentage of ecig users to turn up and vote if this is the case. Personally, if there was one party that was pro-vape then they would get my vote.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
UKIP already saw this opportunity and jumped at it

(That's not meant to encourage you to vote UKIP)

I did wonder about that actually... i saw something on another forum with a few people talking about the potential ban and ending their posts with VOTE UKIP. I'm hoping one of the big three will take it up, but doubtful. I am going to look at UKIP's policies though - dont know too much about them apart from their views on immigration.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Hey Kycap - I'm sure a sticky would help.

I've probably signed about 10 of these petitions now, but if just one of them has an effect then it's been worth it. I've also written to MEPs, local MP and the people involved in submitting their recommendations into the TPD for Europe. I'm not sure if all the reports have been submitted yet, but Totally Wicked had a link on their website that you can follow, which leads to a direct link to each of these people's Emails (sorry, not the greatest of explanations, but it will make more sense if you read through the details on the TW website!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread