Silica AND Cotton Wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Hi ECF! Yesterday I was spending some time with my first recruit to the vaping world. He's been vaping for about 1.5 months now and he's loving it sooo much more than analogs, same reactions and comments as most, which has made me feel pretty good :).

So to get to the point of this post, he told me that he keeps getting dry hits in the T3 that I set him up with. Personally, I've had great luck with cotton wicks so I changed him out to that and sent him on his way. He had another head with the stock silica in it and he came up with something that I had not considered. Hybrid silica/cotton wick! He removed the top wicks and replaced them with a small tuft of cotton, retaining the silica through the wick.

My first thought was that this could not possibly work as well as all cotton, but I think I was wrong. I tried this in my evods and protank and I'm loving it. I am trying to keep a subjective mind about this, and so far I have noticed less gunking on the actual silica in the coil than with an all silica wick. What this has enabled me to do, is replace the cotton much more easily, while still being able to dry burn the silica when it looks a little gunky. I also have less chance of damaging my coil when I'm replacing the cotton as it's not going all the way through it. I'd like to hear your brilliant thoughts!

TLDR: Replace top silica wicks with cotton tuft on kanger bcc heads.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Been doing that with my vobcc and my buddies t3's for a while now. It def helps with the flavor, and I love being able to dry burn the silica, and just replace the cotton.

Awesome, glad to hear this is working for someone else. Maybe it will catch on, still good results for me, although I only used my evod this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread