Silicone plug for cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingRN

Oct 3, 2010
Maryland
I've used PTB (they work well), blue foam (I have tons of it now and it does burn). I wanted to get a self feeding mod but decided to try the silicone plug that I read adout here. The cart cover was to thin for me. I just bought a silicone bakeware pan from the Dollar Tree. They are small and come in different shapes and colors. They are flexable but twice as thick as the cart covers. I pressed the atty end of the cart into the silicone to make am imprint and outlined it in ink to see it better, cut outside of the line. I poked a few holes in the middle with a paperclip. Then filled the cart with VG to try in out. The plug fit well and no leaks. Later threaded a strip of PTB in the middle to wick better. It works great for a dollar and I can make tons of them with the left overs.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hi....if you have any leftover cartomizers with the soft mouth piece plug you can also try this....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/108471-zfm-no-straw-510-a.html

I have been using it a couple months now and they work great and are very easy to refill as well. I bet your suggestion will probably work as good but I wonder how easy it is to refill? Can you take the plug in and out easily for the refills?

Nekoshi

Dec 23, 2010
TN
It could be one of two things. If it tastes like plastic or like chemicals, take your big piece and bend it. If it turns white near the bend, it has fillers and isn't 100% silicone, so you may be experience some leaching. Alternately, when silicone heats up, it can absorb particles from whatever it's touching, so if you're vaping it a lot, especially on a "hot" atty you could be getting some flavor mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread