Six from Rawr

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejeff

Feb 3, 2013
Virginia, United States
I have now placed (and received) two orders with (and from) Rawr Vapor. This post will review six (!) Rawr juices- Absinthe, JY4, Peach Serum, Raging ...., Black Magic, and Adam's Accident. These all have fantastic vapor production; as for throat hit, I'm a poor judge. I have a mild PG sensitivity, so I vape either 30/70 or 50/50 PG/VG, and after smoking a-pack-a-day American Spirit Perique Blend, my throat is none too sensitive :blink:

Absinthe:

It was the Absinthe that originally caught my attention; I was searching for an Absinthe juice, being almost too fond of the liqueur, and picked Rawr out of two juice vendors who supplied such a flavor. This juice is a faithful recreation of my favorite vehicle for thujone poisoning; it literally tastes like the third glass of Absente brand absinthe, served lightly watered and with two sugar cubes- and somehow has an Absinthe mouthfeel. I love this juice, and ended up ordering some Angel Tears (PG and menthol crystal blend from Rawr) to mentholate it, but more on that later. Flavor is superb- I strongly recommend this to any Absinthe fan, especially with the 'Is there...' level of menthol :D
JY4:

Rawr's take on RY4. I really, really dig this juice... it has the edge of burning tobacco, a 'half and half' flavor that pipe smokers will understand, dressed seductively in caramel and vanilla with a hint of butterscotch. I am a Coca-Cola fanatic, and I enjoy vaping this one alongside my Coke... perfect complementary flavors, IMO. I don't know how it feels so moist and dry at the same time; Rawr nailed this one!
Peach Serum:

Peach, coconut, cream, and nothing else. (I use the Oxford comma; get over it, lol.) This is a superbly well blended juice; the flavors are smooth but distinct, clean, and uncluttered. The 'Is there...' level of menthol really highlights this juice, although I think it would be juicier without... I'll have to order a non-mentholated bottle and get back to you :)
Raging ....:

This is a coffee flavor with chocolate; I drink a lot of strong, dark roast coffee, and I have to say- this one just may not be for me. Letting it steep for a while; I can't seem to take this flavor above 3.5w, and that disappoints me- I can't get that thick, rich vape I crave. Too much voltage turns this one into 'burnt toast.' At low voltage, the flavor is fine, but with coffee, I want my palate to be saturated.

Black Magic:

Free sample #1, and the flavor that turned me on to menthol. Black magic is phenomenal; it seems to combine all of my favorite hookah flavors- melon, pear, floral notes, a slightly perfumey edge... the brightest flavor that still suits the night ;). I drip this in a bridgeless 510 atty and turn into a fog machine!

Adam's Accident:

Sweet, juicy pineAPPLE, wow! No candy flavors here; this juice practically drips down your chin. Think of honeycrisp apples soaked in pineapple juice and dusted with sugar; this one pairs well with Bruce Cost's unfiltered ginger ale; I just wish the flavor was stronger- it's distinct, but I could definitely handle a much stronger concentration- as it is, Adam's Accident has a clean finish, but I would like a sopping wet finish that makes the roof of my mouth tingle.

Photon55

Jul 5, 2012
Florida
I gotta tell ya, RAWR juices show up in my tanks more often than not. All day juice? The one that's stroking you at the time. Chango, Peach Serum, Hawaii Sunrise, Lazarus, Tropical Paradise, Poison, Strapple Tea, Truth Serum, and of course Peach Green Tea are always in my ready reach. Sure I love many other juices and keep them at ready also, however "who knew?" RAWR would be in the majority of juices that keeps getting reordered. By the way, folks, steep your juices. I don't know of but a rare few that taste and vape the same out of the box as they do after 30-90 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread