Sleeves For Using Various Battery Types

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Does anyone know of a reputable vendor that provides sleeves to allow you to use various sized batteries with different mods? I have one that will allow you to use an 18650 in a mod designed for 26650's, and I started looking around to see if there is a vendor doing this. So far I only found some cheesy stuff on E-Bay with bad reviews. The thing I have is a Delrin tube and it seems to work really well. I'm usually pretty good at finding what I am looking for via search engines but no joy on this one. Is this just not a thing?

Reactions: stols001

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Maybe its an idea that just hasn't caught on yet, like, I wish there was a sleeve slug that would let me use 18350 cells in a triple 18650 200 watt mod, so I could use the tiny lighter cells in a high power application device, it would certainly lighten the thing up a bit. I can't imagine this not being a more popular idea than it is...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I was thinking more along the lines of making 18650's more versatile. Although with adjustable 510's in 26650 tube mods you could use a 20700 or a 21700.
All kidding aside, the Vandy Vapes Pulse squonker comes with a silicon adapter to use 18650,s, as the mod is designed to use a 20700 cell, this may actually be a needed accessory if cell tech changes in form factor in the future, and a different size cell becomes more commonplace. the only concern I can think of is like my previous post, someone being able to back fit an inadequate cell into a high draw device because they can "make it fit".

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Here, let me explain it better:

I grabbed a 26650 mech mod that came with a Delrin sleeve designed to fit an 18650. so I can slap either/or in there and they both work. The mod also has two screws that go into the 510 connection from the inside. One screw fits into the other, so you can adjust for length of battery as well:

bcyyQ7B.jpg

So I'm thinking that if I had various sleeves with the correct interior/exterior dimensions I could use 26650's, 18650's, 20700's, or 21700's with this thing. In fact for tube mods this seems like it would be a good idea. The mod fits well in my hand and doesn't tip over like a 22mm mod does...when I bump it with my hand because I'm careless that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread