Slight Metallic Taste Using Carto Tanks...ANYONE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I've just started using carto tanks, one is the Big Daddy vapor Lil Mama and the other a 10 dollar small diameter unit for use with the Ego style batts, naturally both use stainless carto's.

Not sure if it's my imagination or if I'm really getting a slight metallic after taste from this setup, anyone else experiencing this ?

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Are ther bubbles escaping the carto inside the tank? I ask because if not, your filler is probably dry. I use a SS BDV BigDaddy tank with DC cartos and I haven't experienced metallic taste yet, nor do I expect to. Occaisionally, if a particular carto isn't wicking properly, I'll need to drip a little nicquid trough the top after removing my driptip. Seems like that's the only issue I've had as of late.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Getting bubbles and filling from the top as well, carto's are definety wet to start, however, the carto's supplied with the Lil Mama tank only have 1 hole, after a few draws the top 1/4 of the cart is dry, none that I've tried will wick the juice to the top.
I punched another hole about 2/3 of the way up and it helped a bit.
I think my bigger problem is the Ego batteries I'm using, I hope these carto tanks wake up as soon as I supply a bit more voltage. I have a couple of the highly recommended KGo batts on the way...to be continued.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've not tried a big daddy, I use a chibi but I imagine all tanks work on the same principle. (equalization of pressure) the top of your carto is not supposed to be wet or slushy. I made the mistake of dripping a different flavor into my carto that was in a tank. Big mistake. It messed up the (equalization of pressure) and the carto flooded. I had to blow it out several times and put my fingernail against the grommet to let air in/out to equal out the pressure. Then I wiggled the carto a bit to get a seal and all was well after that.

I use stainless steel cartos and haven't noticed a metallic taste. I don't think another hole further up will help much cause like I said, the juice doesn't need to be that far up. Here is a pic of my one hole and it works perfect. You didn't say what resistance your carto is but if it's above 2.0 then a higher voltage device would make a difference. I use the resurrector 1.7 carto in a 3.7 box mod. chibi tank.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread