Small, easy set-up for switching flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Hello all you friendly people!

I'm new to this and recently got a 1000 MaH ego CTwist and 3.5 ml tank (all x2) - and I love them! They're big though; the battery itself is like 4.5" long.

However, I'd like something (maybe a few) that are smaller both in tank capacity and overall footprint. I really love the experience I get and ease of use of my current setup, just want a much smaller one.

Any suggestions?

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
It doesn't have to be cigarette size small, no. A little shorter than the the battery I currently have (I don't care if it's a bit fatter) and a smaller tank that works with it is what I'm looking for.

I really have no idea what 78mm volt with a CE3 means, and the link just took me to a website offering a whole variety of things - but I'll do a search.

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
The land of sky blue waters
I laugh when people say a 1000mAh battery is pocket sized. I use an Ego 400mAh mini. About the size of a chapstick. Fit it with a cartomizer or clearo and your good. Probably similar stuff out there, but its hard to wrong with eGo.

Edit: I guess for testing flavors you'd want an dripping atomizer thingy I don't know much about.

Last edited:

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
I laugh when people say a 1000mAh battery is pocket sized. I use an Ego 400mAh mini. About the size of a chapstick. Fit it with a cartomizer or clearo and your good. Probably similar stuff out there, but its hard to wrong with eGo.

Edit: I guess for testing flavors you'd want an dripping atomizer thingy I don't know much about.

That sounds like a viable option as I've enjoyed the cTwist I have. Does the Ego 400mah mini have the same easy tank but smaller? (I have a 3.5ml vivi nova and really like the ease of it)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi! When I go out I use a regular eGo 650mAh. This is a picture with an XL tank, but you can get shorter ones. I think the length of this set-up is roughly 5" including the drip tip.

little vaper.jpg

ETA: The tank on this is the same length as a vivi mini nova.

Last edited:

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Hi! When I go out I use a regular eGo 650mAh. This is a picture with an XL tank, but you can get shorter ones. I think the length of this set-up is roughly 5" including the drip tip.

View attachment 174449

That looks perfect if I can get a smaller tank with it. I'm so new, I don't know what works with what. Can you tell me the actual name/model of a smaller tank that works with it please? These are the same all-included easy things like a vivi nova, right?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
That looks perfect if I can get a smaller tank with it. I'm so new, I don't know what works with what. Can you tell me the actual name/model of a smaller tank that works with it please? These are the same all-included easy things like a vivi nova, right?

That's a carto tank, which isn't "easier" than a vivi nova - meaning that it's a punched cartomizer inside of a tank, so you have to fill the carto first. I much prefer carto tanks, for consistency and they last longer, but require a little more work than a vivi nova.

I have vivis, but I'm not a huge fan. I just ordered some of these and I'm quite excited about trying them: GotVapes PHOENiX™ REBORN Bottom Coil XL 1.5ml Carto 2.4-2.6ohms [gv-PHOENIX-XL-2.4-510] - $11.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

ETA: The tank on my set-up is the same size as a vivi min nova. It's an XL glass tank from IBTanked, the carto is 45mm. The regular tank uses a 35mm carto, to give you idea of the size. http://www.ibtanked.com/

Last edited:

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
That sounds like a viable option as I've enjoyed the cTwist I have. Does the Ego 400mah mini have the same easy tank but smaller? (I have a 3.5ml vivi nova and really like the ease of it)

Ego has a CE4 1.6ml clearomizer that fits the bill. My Mini Nova 2.5 fits fine but doesn't look as sleek.

Here's almost the same thing looks wise anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDUU721wfsA

Last edited:

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
I love the look of both links! To be perfectly honest, the first one had a bunch of designs that were just kind of awesome. The second that Boiler posted is also the right size and sleek.

I'm a little nervous about trying a clearomizer. I read how to fill it, and that sounds easy enough but I'm concerned about different heads and what not. The jargon still confuses me. Would it be more economical to stick with pieces that work with what I already have? It's not a huge concern, just wondering.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
It's all pretty confusing - even after searching for definitions/explanation of cartomizers and clearomizers. Clearomizers sound like what I have in the vivi nova - is that right?

Cartomizers are the tube leading from a battery to mouthpiece that is filled with juice? To have more you need one with holes and a tank around it to refill it?

Am I getting this correctly?

Any of the Ego things are compatible with anything that says 510? Is that right?

Boy ... this is confusing.

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
Anything 510 is compatible with an eGo. Most things are 510 - like your Vivi Novas.

Cartomizers are just as you said.

Your Vivi Nova is a clearomizer (some call them tanks) - it has wicks leading to the atomizer that burns the juice. That CE4 1.6ml is the same thing, just smaller.

Then there are cartotanks - which are tanks with cartomizer shoved down the middle and holes punched in it to absorb the juice.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Bless you, Boiler!

Ok, so all I can find is an eGO 450 mini, not 400. There's a manual 650 Ego-C, but the dimensions aren't listed. I can't find any clearomizer called an ego CE4, at least on the site I've been using. I'm pretty sure that's the set up I want though - I'm familiar and happy with the way the tank works and the heads and charger are compatible with what I already have ... I think?

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread