Smoant battlestar mini question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin89

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I got this mod yesterday. It works very well and is very good quality considering how inexpensive it was. It is the smoant battlestar mini 80w. It takes a single 18650. I don't like to be nit picky about things however I guess I am about vape mods because I depend on them almost as much as I do food. There is just one glaring con about this 1 that's been bugging me and I'm wondering if anyone else has this mod or knows anything about this. I've owned a number of Box mods But never had one that had vent holes On the body of the mod itself other than on the bottom Or exclusively where the battery is. On this one there are holes all over the place including right below where the tanks sits. I accidentally got water on it yesterday and freaked out. Because of the existence of these holes and where they are located the mod seems very vulnerable to liquid damage water being the worst obviously. ejuice im not as worried about because its thick And would have a much harder time than water to get in through the holes.It was a tiny bit of water But had the internals of the mod not been exposed through these vent holes I would not have thought anything of it. Luckily no water actually got in or not enough got in to cause the mod to start f-ing up. Maybe there's something inside it guarding the circuitry I don't know. I understand the thing needs to vent but i would think even a drop Of water making it through one of those many holes could break it And I don't like the idea of having to worry about that Because all it would take is Getting hit by water unexpectedly which happens to many of us from time to time and there goes the mod . It's common sense to Keep our electronics dry and most if not all of these mods arent waterproof,but just from observation this thing isn't even sneeze proof as far as im concerned and I'm a tad concerned about how it's going to hold up . Any thoughts

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I haven't had a problem with my big Battlestar and it has big slots there instead of holes. I imagine they're more for cooling than venting.

If you want water resistance I think you need Geekvape Aegis or Aegis Legend. I don't recall hearing of any others. But of course then you're relying on the venting working in case a battery goes thermal because to resist leaking down to whatever depth it is requires everything to be sealed.

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Really, think you are worrying too much.

A mod is like any other electronic device that isn't meant to get wet, like a cell phone. My laptop has a lot of holes in it and is often perilously close to a mug of coffee. I don't really think about it. Just gotta be careful.

If you find yourself out in the weather often, or you seem to have a hard time keeping your stuff dry, get the Aegis as suggested above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread