Smoant Naboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
So I got 2 of these, even though I already have 2 Charon Mini mods, and LOVE them, but damn this Shiny-itis! Anyway, I'm noticing a thing with the batteries on the Naboo and wanted to see if anyone else has the mod yet, and if you're noticing it to.
When I got my first one I thought it was maybe just a fluke, but when I got my second one from a different site, in a different color, from a whole other state, and it does the same thing, I knew it definitely was not a fluke!
I don't want to say just yet what the 'issue' is, because I don't want to deter anyone from buying the mod, it is a great mod, and I am still 1000% happy I bought them (especially this gradient blue! it is BEAUTIFUL! blue at one angle, purple at another, gorgeous!), so I'll wait to see if anyone else has one and go from there.
Thanks!

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
LOL yes! Apparently I'm the only one, that's about my luck anyway! I have both the Naboo and Charon Mini, my Charon Minis won't show the 'low battery' warning until they drain to @ 3.15, with my Naboos, once both battery get to @ 3 bars (on the battery indicators on the mod), it seems like it starts discharging one battery quicker than the other, so I get the 'low battery' warning when one battery is at @ 3.25 and the other is @ 3.2. Its just strange, and I talked to Smoant and they said that's normal. I have 4 'married' pairs of batteries, all bought in the last 5 months, LG HG2 and Samsung 25R, so I know my batteries are good, and they don't do this on my Charon Minis, so it's just a weird thing.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Ah. So show even all the way, or most of, but down low one drops faster than the other. Is that it? Or do they drop in steps but down low one drops much faster than the other?
My Wismec, Dual 20700's, from the start will show the right battery indicator drop slightly first, soon after the left one joins it. Basically it drops down in little steps.

Reactions: stols001

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Ok, I can be a bit thick at times.
Gotcha, has 5 bars, gets to three, drops like a rock and says low battery. Yeah, you'd expect there to be plenty of punch left at 3 bars. Some times vape gear does my head in. So much stuff out there with unnecessary flaws or glitches. Stuff that seems to indicate to me lazy design, lack of intelligent testing.
Actually I have a camera like your mod, a Fujifilm digital. Battery gets to just halfway mark and after a dozen or so shots goes straight into the red zone. Its like having a car that when it shows half a tank of fuel is left it runs empty after 20 more minutes driving.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
it's just weird because the Charon Mini (made by the same company only a few months before this) has great battery life, I've never had any weird issues with them. I love the mod, I'm going to keep them and love them lol... but it's weird, and is really going to mess with my OCD lol. I don't think it's really 'normal', and I haven't seen anyone else say anything about having this issue. I know the odds of me getting 2 'duds', though, is slim, since they came from different areas, in different colors, at different times. Who knows!

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Yea, for the most part. It definitely seems like it's discharging unevenly, but it's not as bad as it looks on the mod itself. The mod will show one completely dead and the other still having 2 bars, but when I take them out, there's only a small difference. The highest it's been is .07volts, but it seems like it could just be an adjustment period? It does seem like they're getting better, like maybe I just needed to run it through a few cycles, Idk. I remember there was something off when I had gotten the Charon Minis too, that went away after a few cycles, but I can't remember what the issue was. I just think it's so strange that I'm the only one who seems to be, either having this issue, or the only one noticing it. Either way, it doesn't seem to be a safety issue, and I really do love the mods, so it's not going to change my overall opinion of the mod, I still say it's a great mod, just like my Charon Minis are/were.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have a Smoant Cylon and one battery bar will drop a bit faster than the other, but are within 0.01V when put in the charger. I also find the power falls off before the battery indicators are fully drained. I've gotten used to it and simply accept it as less than terrific accuracy, but they are properly discharged so no danger. I have other mods from other manufacturers that aren't super accurate on battery indicators as well, but not quite so much.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am going to agree about some "battery balancing" mods to be, well, sort of inaccurate. It's really the read out on the mod, more than the batteries in the majority of cases I have found. I just kind of decided to approach it as "Oh well, I am doing my batteries some good by recharging before the bitter end," so to speak. It's not dangerous I don't think. It's just that some don't seem to be super accurate, but usually super not accurate in the direction that you'd want, really.

Anna

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
So I got 2 of these, even though I already have 2 Charon Mini mods, and LOVE them, but damn this Shiny-itis! Anyway, I'm noticing a thing with the batteries on the Naboo and wanted to see if anyone else has the mod yet, and if you're noticing it to.
When I got my first one I thought it was maybe just a fluke, but when I got my second one from a different site, in a different color, from a whole other state, and it does the same thing, I knew it definitely was not a fluke!
I don't want to say just yet what the 'issue' is, because I don't want to deter anyone from buying the mod, it is a great mod, and I am still 1000% happy I bought them (especially this gradient blue! it is BEAUTIFUL! blue at one angle, purple at another, gorgeous!), so I'll wait to see if anyone else has one and go from there.
Thanks!
First off. ...I am in love with my rainbow colored Naboo. Can't keep my hands away from it nor the kit tank.
Ok, on the battery. My battery will deplete during the day but at the same rate. Haven't seen one or the other having different issues. I do notice that it does like the juice. I usually rotate between mods but must charge a set of batteries up at least once a day. Every other with my others. I did turn down the screen etc.

Have you tried to update the chip? That was the first thing I did whenever I got mine. Maybe it could be just a tweak there. I run mine on 55.5 watts (weird number but that's where she sits) and using for the most part my tank that came with the kit. I'm about to run either the Faris or Zeus Dual on it in a few days.

I'm thinking an update on the chip to start.?.? Otherwise mine just loves the battery daily but I'm ok with that since the unit is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread