Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    smok Acro Kit 25W
    A new minimalist looking gadget, extremely slim, this is smok's new pod system.
    Enjoy the reading

Smok Acro Kit 25W 1.jpg

Packaging:
    The small cardboard box shows on the front; the image of this Item, the brand (smok), the product name (Acro Kit), and some main features in the form of an icon.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 2.jpg

On the back are present; the packing list, some warnings, legal logos and trademarks and the scratch & check.
    On the sides of the box there are; a barcode, information on authenticity checks, a hologram and the address of Shenzhen Ivps Technology Co., Ltd.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 3.jpg

The kit has an essential equipment and there is only one replacement pod with identical characteristics to the other.

Kit contents:
    1 x ACRO Device (1000mAh)
    2 x Disposable Pod 2ml 0.8Ω Mesh Coil
    1 x Type-C Cable
    1 x User Manual

Smok Acro Kit 25W 4.jpg

Specifications:
    Dimensions: 30.2x11.2x103mm
    Weight: 48 g
    Output power: 5W-25W adjustable
    Battery capacity: 1000mAh
    Standby current: <50uA
    Input voltage: 3.3V-4.2V.
    Output voltage: 1.5V-4.0V.
    Resistance range: 0.6-2.5Ω
    Charging Port: Type-C
    Charging voltage: 5V ± 0.2V.
    Charging current: 0.85A (maximum)
    Overload voltage: 4.3V ± 0.05V.
    Over discharge voltage: 2.4V ± 0.05V.
    Overload Current: 1.75A ± 0.6A.
    Display: 0.69 "OLED screen
    Pod capacity: 2ml
    Filling type: Side

Smok Acro Kit 25W 5.jpg

Colors:
    Black, Gray, Silver, Coffee, Purple Blue, Pink Cyan, Red Gold

Smok Acro Kit 25W 6.jpg

First impressions:

This Item is built in aluminum, plastic and PCTG, it has a minimal appearance with an exceptionally thin thickness, the weight is completely irrelevant, first of all these aspects give Smok Acro Kit a very good portability. The seven colors include four versions with sober colors and three more sporty colors, the one I received (Gray) in my opinion goes very well with the minimal philosophy of this object.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 7.jpg

The big and round Fire button of Smok Acro Kit is comfortable to use, its profile is slightly protruding, built in black plastic this button performs the tasks of switching on / off and selecting the vaping mode (Automatic / manual or only automatic) .

Smok Acro Kit 25W 8.jpg

On the rear surface there are the words "Acro", the brand, the logo, the indication regarding the integrated cell (1.000mAh) and the adjustment of the AFC.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 9.jpg

The AFC adjustment of Smok Acro Kit is made in a simple and functional way, in practice it is a sliding door that closes well, to the point of actually limiting the passage of air to the minimum terms (MTL).
    At maximum opening the AFC guarantees sufficient airiness, obviously compatible with the type of "disposable" cartridges for a type of RDL vape.
    The intermediate adjustment steps consist of three small slots.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The already mentioned and appreciated thin body has a thickness of only 11.2mm, very few, however enough to accommodate a 0.69 "monochrome display that offers a very good brightness, the fonts are enlarged and well readable.
    The "+" and "-" adjustment keys are very small, almost hidden and are integrated in the same frame that houses the display, the adjustment starts from 5 up to 25W with 1W step up / down at a time, the keys if pressed together allow you to lock the setting.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 11.jpg

Smok Acro Kit 25W 12.jpg

The compartment / pod contains two circular magnets, the channel for automatic activation and logically the contact pins for electrical transfer. On the bottom is the Type-C charging port.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 13.jpg

Smok Acro Kit 25W 14.jpg

Smok has provided for the Acro Kit, 3 different types of replaceable Mtl pods, one uses the Mesh-coil, the other two employ a simple wire double-coil system and can be purchased separately.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 15.jpg

Below the image from different sides of the pod with its integrated coil. The pod is built in transparent PCTG with the classic anatomical design for the lips, the side refill port for the liquid is well dimensioned, the silicone rubber performs well to his task.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 16.jpg

Operation Guide:
    - Power on / off: 5 clicks on the fire button
    - Power setting: With the Up / Down adjustment keys, from 5 to 25W with an increase / decrease of 1W at a time
    - To lock / unlock the power setting: Press the Up / Down buttons simultaneously.
    - Choice of vape: Automatic / manual press the fire button 3 times consecutively to change modes.
    - Puff counter: To reset the count, simply turn off the device, or automatically reach 999 Puff.

Smok Acro Kit 25W 17.jpg

The notifications on the screen and their intervention parameters according to Smok are the following:

• Battery Low: The battery voltage is less than 3.3V ± 0.1V before vaping.
    The battery voltage is less than 3.0V ± 0.1V. When vaping
    (Please charge the device)

• Goodbye: the battery voltage is less than 3.1V ± 0.1V.
    (Please charge the device to activate the system after shutdown due to low battery).

• Ohms Too Low: Atomizer resistance is less than 0.60 ± 5%

• Ohms Too High: The resistance of the atomizer is more than 2.522 ± 5%

• No Atomizer: The atomizer was not detected.

• Atomizer Short: a short circuit has been detected.

• Time Over: if the consecutive duration of the single puff is more than 8 seconds.

• Pod Detached: When the pod is detached (open circuit)

• Air Fire: Automatic suction

• Dual Fire: Double activation

• Watt Lock

• Watt Unlock

Smok Acro Kit 25W 18.jpg

Smok Acro Kit 25W 19.jpg

Conclusions:
    Smok Acro is one of the thinnest Pod kits on the market that is easy to use and that works more than decently, the 0.8Ω 2ml Mesh Coil Pod expects to be used at 12W, this data is reported on it (it is not no range indicated). So I set this potency and put in a 50/50 hazelnut liquid with 3mg booster.

The aromatic yield and steam production are in my opinion good (in relation to the type of product). It often happens to me when I try "basic" kits like this one that readers ask me for a comparison with more powerful systems (atomizers or systems with replaceable coils) I find this out of place, I prefer to refer to devices belonging to the same category.

Smok Acro Pod Kit compared to other recent "Basic" devices (which I liked) and which are designed for MTL vaping (Voopoo Air and Geekvape Wenax) has nothing to envy to them, the AFC adjustment is one of the best for the MTL vape, the hit is well balanced in relation to the AFC adjustment. In suction it has a silent operation and the steam in relation to the AFC opening can be open and cool or hotter and throttled. The formation of condensation is very low and completely negligible.

The power delivery is practically instantaneous, no drops are perceived until the power cut that arrives after 8s of consecutive vape. With a full charge cycle I managed to make 274 puffs at 12W consuming 6ml of liquid, the complete recharge of the battery takes about 90 minutes.

Smok Acro Pod Kit after a week of use did not give me any negative feeling, I did not find any defects. From the point of view of an economic "basic" system, Smok Acro really seems to me a complete device made with a good criterion. I can recommend it without any doubt.

Thanks for reading

Thanks to Smok for sending me this product for review.
    ACRO KIT - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Smok Acro Kit 25W 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread