smok al85 struggling with limitless xl tank (pre-installed coil )

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk
i recently purchased a limitless xl tank and anything above 70w on my al85 says low batt ...
i want to get a more powerful mod for starting to build my own coils and use this tank to it's full capability ...not after a crazy 300w mod but something reliable and not too bulky ,but a bigger range of power ,been vaping for about a month now ...what's your recommended variable wattage mod ? ..also any tips on watts vs resistance of coils ..any charts ?
including a pic of my kit
20170506_133703.jpg

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
If your a smok fan then the alien is a good choice (I have a few of them). The smok GX350. Its overkill but to much is better than not enough. Theres always the wismec. Pretty cheap but they are pretty reliable. All and all the alien is decent sized and capable of decent power with two good batteries

Reactions: Tonee N

cloudbusting

Apr 6, 2017
uk
If your a smok fan then the alien is a good choice (I have a few of them). The smok GX350. Its overkill but to much is better than not enough. Theres always the wismec. Pretty cheap but they are pretty reliable. All and all the alien is decent sized and capable of decent power with two good batteries
thanks for the advice,brought about a years supply of juice before tpd in the uk ..also make my own ..want a new mod already ,cant decide between all the ones i've seen,maybe the bigger alien or one of the wismecs could be the way to go ...i'm like a kid in a sweet shop when i browse for a new bit of kit ..life was so simple just on cigs..but i need to quit....halfed my cigs already ,will eventually just xape when i'm confident in my kit ..

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
a high drain 18650 3.7v 3500mah

(AWT Battery 18650 (black red) with 3500MAH 35A)

There are no 18650 3000 mah batteries that are more than 20a CDR.

3500mah cell is most likely 10a CDR.

At least you need a true 25a CDR (vtc5A) or 30a CDR ( LGhb series) if you want to use a single cell power device at more than 60w.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
i must have brought a fake( from a vape shop too !!! ) View attachment 654905

Check out Mooch's battery articles in his blog here. The second link from the top is to his recommended batteries and has info on amp ratings and mAh for each listed. He also has known good vendors listed there.

I don't buy vape batteries from any vape shops. I wouldn't know who they got them from. There are too many counterfeits out there and not enough vape shop owners know how to tell the difference. They are too expensive at shops too.

Good luck with it :thumb:

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
i recently purchased a limitless xl tank and anything above 70w on my al85 says low batt ...
i want to get a more powerful mod for starting to build my own coils and use this tank to it's full capability ...not after a crazy 300w mod but something reliable and not too bulky ,but a bigger range of power ,been vaping for about a month now ...what's your recommended variable wattage mod ? ..also any tips on watts vs resistance of coils ..any charts ?
including a pic of my kit View attachment 654889
If you get higher ohm coils you don't need to apply that much watts. Try something in the .3-.5ohm range and see if you like it before buying a new mod. Typically the lower the ohms of the coils the more power needs to be applied. But yeah definitely get a better battery too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread