The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok Alien PCB

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by mbt9000, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JapeVakeJake

JapeVakeJake New Member

Apr 8, 2017
    Thank you very much for the advice!! Super big help

2. nalo_b

nalo_b Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2010
    oahu
    I run my alien at 80watts using a limitless gold rdta with dual fused claptons and the highest I think it got was 42c and that's chain vaping in the sun while fishing. I think I'd probably stop vaping before it shuts off because of the pcb temp due too the chuff cap being too hot lol

3. useenchef

useenchef New Member

May 26, 2017
    Guys. There is no way for the board to know how hot the coil is. The temp displayed is the temperature of the control board. This can be seen in the Alien handbook. Also, the temp is going to be affected by the wattage and ohm rating. This is a 220watt device. 220watts... You're worried about using it at 70w? Less than a third of its potential. I use mine, constantly between 120 to 150. It's fine. Also if you read the side of smok coils or the back of the box, they all call for wattage exceeding 100. 80watts is the lowest end of the spectrum I've seen on smok coils, something like, "best between 80w and 120watts." Why would someone make a 220watt device that could melt at a piddley 70w?

4. Coby

Coby New Member

May 29, 2017
    I use the TFV8 Cloud beast on mine and the tank will start to get hot at 46 after about 10 puffs on 90-100 watts but so far no problems just hot

5. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Your fine, the alien is a fine mod and the power you're using it at is safe. Don't let all the exploding battery news stories scare you. It rarely happens and even more rare does a regulated mod like the alien cause a battery to go thermal nuclear. "Shall we play a game". How about a nice game of chess. No global thermal nuclear war. Tic tack toe- Joshua's learning

6. conanthewarrior

conanthewarrior Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2014
    Essex, England.
    I haven't actually noticed my Alien become hot during use, apart from the usual heat from the atomiser which is to be expected.

I haven't used it in a while, when it is next in rotation I will see what temperature the mod says the board is reaching.
    My vaping style is not really demanding by most standards though, usually around 40W with TC, sometimes I will go to 80W in power mode when I feel like going a bit mad with a RDA. This could be why the mod doesn't get warm, as both the batteries are not really being stressed and the board also isn't.

7. Nicole Moores

Nicole Moores New Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Mine is at 34-37 Celsius, burning at 80watt, 0.15 ohms coil and I just bought it yesterday :)

8. Petrovv7

Petrovv7 New Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Zephyrus v2 - Clapton coils .45 at 33w I get 44°C pcd on Smok al85

9. madesorgo

madesorgo Full Member

May 16, 2013
    Lago Vista, TX
    I honestly don't understand how people are seriously worried about PCB temps while running such low wattages. I would understand 220W pushing a .05ohm coil... that will generate some serious heat but TC would be needed and won't allow you to generate the same heat as if you were using an unregulated mod. I've been using my Alien at 220w, .11ohm dual fused claptons, the PCB after some chain vaping is 53C. If their board would melt at that range then SMOK has no business in making electronic devices. Most circuit boards can handle much higher temperatures, especially when made for high temperature applications. I print ABS 3D mods, I have a quad series mod that with the right coil will slightly melt the ABS. It's pushing far more power and heat then the Alien. 80w, you should have no fear or concerns at all. 400watts.... that will create some heat but then again you only have 220w with temp protection cutoff.

10. Kays

Kays New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    I put my mod into my pocket I have a smoke alien mod tfv 8 baby tank with a 0.1-3(VW) 0.06-3(TC), I went to go hit it and the mod ended up burning the crap out of my mouth. Looked at the watts and I normally have it at 30.0, but it showed then that it was up to it's highest amount which is 220 watts. After a while I started tasting burnt juice coming from it and I ended up checking it an my coils are fine there's no burnt flavor to it but is that something I should take into the store I bought it from an seeing if they have answers or does anyone know from maybe same experience what I should do at this point? I just bought it a week ago. I just don't want to have to change the coils around only to find out it's fine.

11. Suevia Perez

Suevia Perez New Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new here and new to vaping!
    I use a smok al85, baby beast tank and still getting to grips with the coils trying different ones and right now is a T6 0.2ohm.

Now, my mod as soon as I vape, jumps straight to 38 Celsius and within each puff it goes one degree up. Normally after a few puffs it seats at 48 Celsius, that's the normal temperature of my mod.

I can't go over 45w as if I do even with a new coil it just taste burnt, i can maybe push it to 50w but that's it. I have tried every available coil and I get the same with all of them. I don't chain vape btw, I don't know if there's something wrong with my mod or that's normal but 45-48 Celsius is the normal temperate for mine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.