SMOK Baby Alien AL85 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerino055

Mar 28, 2019
I'm still a noob if it's about vaping I bought mine about a week ago.

So I read the manual to learn more about the mod and there's this menu with a sub menu settings. You should be able to update the firmware, change contrast, screen time etc. But I can only change the screen time and nothing more?

I'm really confused and don't know what to do

I thought at first it had something to do with the firmware but I don't know.

Any advice is welcome

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I thought I read a while back there wasn't any firmware available officially for this device? I believe some folks were trying to get an update for battery life (batter voltage cutoff) if I recall.

I think when googling, I found on reddit or somewhere else, that somebody had posted a firmware file the got from SMOK, but not sure I would trust it. If you hose your device trying to update it, then you'll be shopping for a new mod.

SMOK is the last company I would expect to provide firmware updates, and to trust that you can reliably update a device from them.

Hate to say it, but you're probably stuck with the firmware provided.

Next time you buy a mod, come here with your requirements and do a little research first. SMOK products are best avoided (unreliable) to many of us here. Some SMOK devices are solid for some folks, but you can get much better devices for the money. Many local shops love to push SMOK devices. Go with buying something online if you can't find it at a local shop.

I wish you luck. You can google and see how to check the firmware version on the device. I can't remember off hand. I think SMOK released an updated version at one point that lowered the battery cutoff point, but the firmware itself wasn't released that I'm aware of. I think they just started putting it on newer devices.

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Why are you trying to update a new device?
Use it as is or risk turning into a paper weight.

Any Smok firmware update must match the exact model, as far as I know Smok never offered & still hasn't offered an update / upgrade for the AL85, attempting to install the wrong software will possibly ruin it.

No matter what Smok offers as instructions & features they rarely match with reality.

Use it as is & be happy, or return it for refund & buy something else, non Smok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread