Smok baby beast burning coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I've had my baby beast for about two weeks so don't really know how long the coils will last. If they're not wicking fast enough take a needle or safety pin and ..... a couple of times on the juice inlets this cured mine. I have the cloud beast and my coils in that last about 2 months but I only vape menthol. Good luck

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
How much juice have you used with that coil? Time elapsed since installation is irrelevant. What matters is the amount and type of liquid used.

Google "coil priming" and watch a video or two for tips on getting a coil ready for use.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I get an average of 5,000 puffs on my Baby Beast X4 coils but I fire them at 30W or below. I like to take long pulls so higher wattage in not necessary for me to enjoy a pleasurable vaping experience at that wattage. Good Luck.

Going to switch to using the T8 coils when this one is spent so will be a new experience

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sometimes mods/juice/atomizers just taste best at a specific wattage (this differs for everyone) but it also sounds like the coil has reached the end of it's useful life.

You do need to prime those coils thoroughly or they aren't going to taste right, and I agree maybe poking a few holes in the cotton may help you with wicking issues.

Good luck! :)

Anna

Reactions: pfaber11

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Don't follow the recommended wattage on the coil. There are too many variables for them to predict this accurately, juice thickness and sugar content, vaping style, personal preference etc. These factors will all also affect the longevity of the coil head.
Starting low and increasing the power until it makes your face happy is a great technique for any setup.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. The recommended wattage printed on the coil is pretty useless. Remember the guys who printed it there are in the business of selling coils, and they don't mind burning one out and selling you a replacement. From your description, I suspect your coil is burnt already, you just can't taste it below 40 watts as it isn't getting hot enough to make a lot of vapor. There's a "sweet spot" with each coil-juice combination you will have to find for yourself because it's subjective. Hopefully where you find the cloud and flavor you like isn't in a regimen where it eats coils in a hurry. If it is, you'll do better switching to built coils rather than pre-made as it is a lot cheaper.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Once a coil is burnt it’s burnt. A week is about all a drop in coil lasts anyway. It’s actually a pretty good run. 4-5 days is average
my crown III coils lasted me 2-3 weeks lolz and the last drop in coil i've used in my Fat Scylla sv lasted over a month...... smok's coils are just bad tbh, bad quality control and such i've burned both the ones i had in my BBB box in less than 2 weeks XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread