Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of smok's latest offerings on the subject of Box mod Kit, this is g-priv 4 KIT.
    In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood the product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Before starting let's see a brief description indicated by the manufacturer:
    "Check out the SMOK G-Priv 4 230W Starter Kit, equipped with IQ-M chipset, output range 5-230W. Constructed of durable zinc alloy, the SMOK G-Priv 4 kit frame offers a great form factor, reminiscent of previous variants. Adopting an extensive temperature control suite, the G-Priv 4 kit provides carefully customized vapor compatible with nickel, titanium or stainless steel wire. Utilizing a full 2-inch touch screen, the G-Priv 4 continues the pattern of its predecessor, packing the technological features in a luxurious chassis that will take the community vape kit section by storm ".

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-2.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Packaging:
    The packaging show on the front; the image of the Mod, the writing of the model in question, the color of the device and a small icon that reminds us of the use of the leather decoration to have greater grip with the hand.
    On the back there are the warnings and the address of the manufacturer.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-3.jpg

The other sides of the package show; the content, the anti-counterfeiting holographic logo, the scratch codes for authenticity check, the bar code, the main features in the form of icons, logos & trademarks as required by law.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-4.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Packing List:
    • 1 * G-PRIV 4 Mod
    • 1 * Tank TFV18 Mini (6.5ml)
    • 1 * V18 Mini 0.33Ω Mesh Coil (pre-installed)
    • 1 * 0.15Ω Dual Mesh Coil V18 Mini
    • 1 * Replacement Bubble Glass
    • 1 * Type-C Cable
    • 1 * User Manual

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-5.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Box Mod; Parameters:
    • Size: 90 * 50.8 * 29mm
    • Battery: Dual 18650 (not included)
    • Modes: VW, TC, personal mode
    • Power range: 5W-230W (VW) / 10-230W (TC)
    • Input voltage: 6.4V-8.4V
    • Output voltage: 0.5V-8.2V
    • Standby current: <400uA
    • Maximum output current: 0.1Ω)
    • Resistance range: 0.1Ω-2.5Ω (VW) / 0.05Ω-2.0Ω (TC)
    • Temperature range: 100 ° F-315 ° F / 200 ° C-600 ° C
    • Screen: 2.0 inch touchscreen
    • Chip: IQ-M
    • Refill: Type C
    • Charging voltage: 5V ± 0.2V
    • Charging current: 2.0A maximum

► Smok MINI TFV18 Tank; Parameters:
    • Size: 28 * 59mm
    • Material: Stainless steel
    • Type of filling: Superior
    • Air flow: From bottom to top
    • Capacity: 6.5ml
    • Thread: 510

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-6.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Available colours:
    • Black
    • Brown
    • Beige White
    • Gray

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-7.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; First Impressions:
    SMOK G-Priv 4 230W Mod is the latest device in the G-Priv series and uses a touch screen display like the previous G-Priv 3 Mod. These versions are quite similar to each other in appearance, in fact they share a large touch screen side and a long Fire button that completely covers the front. The differences between G-Priv 4 and G-Priv 3 concern the different cell insertion system in the Mod and the use of the new IQ-M chipset. In addition, there is a slight decrease in the display measurements from 2.4 inches to the current 2.0 inches. The Smok G-Priv 4 Kit comes with the 6.5ml capacity TFV18-Mini Tank.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-8.jpg

The most noticeable change on the G-Priv 4 from its predecessors is that the leather design takes the place of the previous "IML Design". The leather decoration has been placed on the handle and laterally just where the palm of the hand is when using the device, this makes G-Priv 4 more elegant, more comfortable and with a greater grip in the grip.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-9.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Front view:
    The narrow front side houses 4 triangular metal decorations in the corners which are painted in the same color as the frame and the fire button. The large fire button is made of metal and covers almost the entire space of this area, it is quite comfortable to activate. Above the Fire button we find the small Mode button which has different functions; it is used to make the screen invisible and to lock / unlock the touchscreen settings. Below is the usb-C charging socket. During use, the device keeps the two batteries balanced, balancing is performed when the levels of the two batteries are different from each other.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-10.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Touchscreen and Operation Guide:
    The large digital screen of the G-Priv 4 mod is easy to read and looks quite pleasing with its eye-catching graphics. The information on the display is complete and through the symbols that appear it becomes simple and intuitive to navigate in the modes that the chipset offers us. Various combinations of clicks on the keys and targeted touches on the screen allow us to perform the following operations:

• To turn off the device, make 5clicks on the fire button, at this point you will be asked YES or NO, type over Yes to turn off, alternatively it is possible with the settings to disable this function to be able to turn off the device directly only with the classic 5click.
    • With 3 clicks on the Fire button we lock / unlock the MOD
    • By long pressing the MODE key we lock / unlock the screen including the fire key.
    • By briefly pressing the MODE key we obtain the Stealth mode of the display
    • In the "unlocked" position of the screen and the touchscreen and using the left and right arrows at the bottom, it is possible to adjust the wattage from 5 to 230W in steps of 1W at a time.

► When the touch screen and the screen are unlocked, it is possible to enter the settings by pressing the symbol (square) at the top left of the display. Then the display shows the options; Mode, My Mode, Puff, Seting, Exit.
    • VW Mode: 4 different types of soft / norm / hard / max preheat can be selected
    • Tc Mode: 1) choose the material by pressing NI / TI / SS 2) Press the Touch + or - keys to adjust the best temperature of the TCR setting. 3) Press the Touch + or - keys to adjust the preheat from 10 to 230W, by default it is set at 60W.
    • My Mode: it is possible to memorize and save 4 different profiles that take into account; Potency, Prehit, Flavor and nicotine concentration in the e-liquid.
    • Puff: By entering this screen it is possible to reset or adjust the limit in the number of puffs (9999 by default) or to have no limit just select 0.

► System setting: The setting system is divided into three parts:
    1) General setting this function indicates general information on the device, on its name, on the software version, on the firmware, on its origin. It is possible to restore it to the factory data or select the type of shutdown of the Mod (whether with confirmation or direct).
    2) Chip: The dispay shows the information of the IQ-M control board.
    3) Theme Setting: you can select 6 background colors (blue, purple, orange, yellow, white and green) you can also adjust the automatic shutdown time of the display from 15s to 240s.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-11.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Elegant decorations:
    G-PRIV 4 Kit is currently offered in 4 different frame colors, each combined with a specific color of the tank and decorative leather elements in different colors. The "G-Priv 4" branding is large and eye-catching, hot stamped on the skin. The handle of the Mod is decorated with vertical stitching and with the writing "Designed By Smok".
    I like all 4 versions and I am happy to have received them in bulk, if I had to choose one I would be really embarrassed, they are all beautiful.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-12.jpg

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-13.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Thread 510:
    The stainless steel cup is raised slightly to prevent scratching the Mod. Fixed via 3 French screws and contains a gold / plated floating pin. The Mod G-Priv 4 can accommodate atomizers of up to 26 / 27mm diameter without external protrusion.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-14.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Battery compartment:
    On the bottom of the Mod there is a door to access the battery compartment. The flap is made of sturdy metal and can be lifted via a convenient slide button to introduce two 18650 cells following the polarities marked inside. The bottom of the mod also houses the UK, CA and C E branding.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-15.jpg

► Smok Tank TFV18-Mini:
    Smok's wide range of sub-ohm TFV tanks have always been characterized by using high quality stainless steel and Pyrex glass, this version is slightly smaller than the original giant TFV18 but retains an interesting 6.5 e-liquid capacity ml. According to Smok the recommended output power for using TFV18-mini is between 80-140W (best 100 - 110W).

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-16.jpg

The tank can be completely disassembled for careful periodic cleaning of all its components. The knurling around the base and the top-cap is very useful for easily unscrewing the deck from the tank, in addition, a large amount of spare orings are available in the kit. The top sliding filling mechanism includes child safety, so you need to press the button and turn the top-cap counterclockwise. The refill slot is generously sized (12 x 4mm) and does not provide any membrane to protect this port. On the bottom there is the plated / gold pin that conducts the current to 5 copper braces inside the base to better conduct the current to the coil. The AFC system has 3 adjustable slots of 10x3.5mm each, these slots are able to pass a considerable air flow and direct it quickly towards the coil for a rather satisfying RDL / DL vape.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-17.jpg

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-18.jpg

► Smok TFV18-Mini; Platform Coil:
    Everyone knows the large capacity of "Mesh" type coils in spreading heat over a much larger area of cotton than traditional coils. This mesh solution has currently proven to be the best for flavor perception and the production of large vapor clouds. For this reason Smok makes great use of it on its Sub-ohm tanks. The coils of the TFV18 Mini have been slightly reduced in size compared to the incredibly large ones of the original TFV16 and TFV18 tanks, however we are always talking about rather large coils on this version too. During the start-up phase of a new heating element, it is therefore mandatory to moisten the cotton abundantly with e-liquid before using it to avoid dry burn.

The TFV 18-Mini Tank is a high performance sub-ohm atomizer that works well in the Cloud and has good liquid capacity. In the G-Priv 4 kit there are 2 Mesh Coil V18 Mini; a 0.15Ω Dual Meshed and a 0.33Ω Single-mesh Pre-installed. The third 0.2Ω coil can be purchased separately

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-19.jpg

► Smok G-PRIV 4 Kit; Final conclusions:
    The G-PRIV 4 dual battery Mod is solid and extremely attractive with excellent finishes and fine decorations. The Mod turns out slightly taller than the previous G-Priv3 model. However it is holds well in the hand, the weight is felt but isn't excessive. G-priv 4 weighs 165g without cells, about 20g less than the previous model.

In daily use, the large Fire button is comfortable to click and never tires. The beautiful touchscreen display offers quick and intuitive navigation assisted by the convenient Mode button. In addition, the touchscreen display can be deactivated for energy saving and can be changed in 6 different background colors, it also has a well-readable and sporty graphics.
    The battery compartment is accessible and well insulated thanks to a spring loaded flap that opens / closes perfectly. The renewed IQ-M chipset proves to be stable and performing by delivering power continuously. The charge of the cells during use is "self-balanced" for greater autonomy.

The TFV18 Mini is a tank with a stainless steel construction, it is simple, robust, reliable and comfortable to fill up to 6.5ml. The system with release button is an excellent safety against accidental opening of the top cap. The Mesh-Coils included in the package are exaggeratedly performing and dimensionally large with a lot of cotton inside them, so you need to feed them well before starting to produce copious and dense clouds of steam.
    Setting aside the 0.15Ω Dual Mesh Coil V18 Mini in FeCrAl with range 80-110W and best indicated at 90W mi, I found myself using with pleasure the surprising 0.33Ω Mesh Coil V18 Mini in FeCrAl with range 80-140W ! Best shown 100-110W! Frightening! I stopped at lower powers around 90 / 100W with satisfactory use already starting from the minimum recommended power. In fact, the great reaction speed of the Mesh allows it to be used at "only" 80W and with profit in terms of flavor production with dense clouds of vapor. The e-liquid leak resistance seems effective and I have not registered any flooding during use so far.

In conclusion I recommend Smok G-PRIV 4 with TFV18-Mini, I consider it an excellent kit for the demanding "cloud hunters" for the series of reasons you have read and for the price that will be quite attractive on some shops.

Thanks to Smok for sending me this sample for review.
    G-PRIV4 KIT - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

Thanks for reading.

Smok-G-PRIV-4-Kit-230-W-20.jpg

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2021
    Awesome review! You go into some insane detail! Taking some notes... lol

Looks very nice. Haven't used a smok device yet though, mainly out of fear of their reputation for QA lol looks like, by your kits at least, that they've maybe gotten a handle on that now, which is awesome imo. The more vapes out there, the more lilely another smoker will see one and get curious. Cheers!

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Awesome review! You go into some insane detail! Taking some notes... lol

Looks very nice. Haven't used a smok device yet though, mainly out of fear of their reputation for QA lol looks like, by your kits at least, that they've maybe gotten a handle on that now, which is awesome imo. The more vapes out there, the more lilely another smoker will see one and get curious. Cheers!

Hi, thanks for the compliments.
    The quality of the products is very good, I have full confidence in these starter kits, I have been using Smok G-Priv 3 Kit since 2019 without any problems and the mod is still a beauty ..

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2021
    Hi, thanks for the compliments.
    The quality of the products is very good, I have full confidence in these starter kits, I have been using Smok G-Priv 3 Kit since 2019 without any problems and the mod is still a beauty ..
    That's very reassuring :) thanks! Gunna have to give Smok a chance at some point in the future lol

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread