Smok M17 Stick AIO Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the M17 AIO Kit from smok. The M17 AIO Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by James from the Healthcabin.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x smok M17 Vape Kit
2 x M17 0.6Ω Dual coils
1 x Spare Glass
1 x USB Cable
1 x Accessories Bag
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics

When opening the packaging i was very surprised by how thin the M17 was, yes i knew the 17 meant 17mm, (it's actually 17.5mm) but didn't think it would look so small. The battery itself has what seems a durable finish with the Smok trademark printed towards the bottom one side and "Stick M17" printed the other. I got the black version (there is 4 other colours), which also has a round black fire button with red surround which allows for light to shine through for your power indication. On the opposite side to the fire button is the USB port, then moving to the base we have safety stamp and a central venting hole. Towards the top we have two airflow holes and the rim has a red 0-ring to seal the glass. The tank has a matching red o-ring to seal the top of the glass and the top cap has texturing. The drip tip is a 510 and at the base has a very narrow bore.

Specs:

Size: 130.65mm x 17.5mm
Weight: 77g
Tank capacity: 2ml (TPD legal)
Leak-free
Built-in 1300mAh capacity battery
Single Fire button for on/off & vaping
Multi-click safety feature for on/off switching
Battery power level shown by flashing Fire button
4 Flashes = full power
15 Flashes = recharge battery
Kit includes USB PC/Laptop charging cable
Coil short circuit protection
Prolonged firing cut-out (after 10 seconds)
Low battery voltage protection
Delrin drip-tip (mouthpiece) for cool vaping
Horizontally hinged top-cap for easy filling
High visibility Pyrex glass
Glass resists atomizer heat
All-round view of e liquid level
Takes SMOK Stick M17 coils
Comes with 2 0.6 Ohm Stick M17 Ohm dual coil head
Easily replaceable, screw-in coil design
Compatible with coil resistances of 0.5 to 1.0 Ohms
Stylish & discreet – designed to fit in pocket
Top quality device with an affordable price
Available in: Stainless, Black, Blue, Gold or Rainbow colours

The Tank and Coils

The coils have a very narrow bore but they have very generous wicking holes. You simply screw the coil onto the battery then screw the top of the tank onto the top of the coil, as it tightens the glass gets sealed by the o-ring. The top opens on an hinge to reveal the fill slot, just fill then secure the top-cap in place.

Using the Device

The device is 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off, when vaping the red light flashes around the fire button 4 times. When the number of flashes changes from 4 to 15 (very noticeable) it's to tell you the battery's output is less than 3.3 volts and needs charging.

Performance

It works well as an hybrid device but you need to be a flexible vaper, MTL is very airy and you can get a DL hit but it's very restricted. If only it had two small slots that could be adjusted rather than fixed airflow this would be a great little device. Those that do both MTL and DL vaping can do an hybrid (inbetween style) then the device performs well. A small draw gives a little bit of vapour but i was very surprised how much vapour it supplied with a good long draw (gives really good cloud). The flavour from the 0.6 coils was very good, i was using 70%VG juice and it kept up fine (there is also a 0.4 coil available). The 1300mAh battery gave about 4hrs of quite heavy vaping and i would imagine for most of the battery's life i was around 30w - 35w. I suffered no leaking whatsoever.

Pros

Pocket friendly
Leak free
Good flavour
Good Cloud
Can in a fashion MTL and DL
Can use high VG

Cons

Airflow non-adjustable
Not tight MTL
Very restricted DL
1300mAh battery
Not much in the way of battery status indication

Conclusion

Flexible vapers will like this little pocket friendly stick, it is ideal for a night out at the pub for example. Those that like a nice tight MTL or DL vapers that don't like much restriction won't get on with it.

I would like once again to thank James from the Healthcabin for supplying the Smok M17 Stick AIO Kit for the purpose of this review.

Stick M17 - SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread