SMOK Mag Kit w TV12 Prince Tank showing "No atomizer"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson Bailey

Feb 21, 2018
I recently had my smok Mag knocked out of my hand and it hit the ground. It didn't appear that there was any damage to it at all, but later on in the day when I went to hit my vape, I noticed it wasn't working... so I looked at the screen when I attempted to take a drag, but it showed "No Atomizer"... so I went to the internet, and I found a few videos showing different solutions involving connection issues and whatnot... and I attempted them. They would work from like 10 seconds to 10 minutes after, but then it would show "No Atomizer" again. Here is what I have tried so there isn't any repeat confusion in the forum:

1. Removed tank, removed coil and atomizer and cleaned off all connection spots
  2. Placed a small piece of tin foil on the bottom of the tank where it screws into my mod (to ensure a connection)
Neither of these have worked... and I'm desperate. I want to make sure that there is nothing I can do before I end up taking it to a shop and having to pay for them to fix it or having to pay for a completely new kit. Any help is appreciated!!

Reactions: stols001

Jackson Bailey

Feb 21, 2018
It should've came with a spare head/'coil' in the kit, replaceable atomizer head or head for short, some folks call them coils but that gets confusing because coils are used in an RBA of some sort.
I am using the second coil, my first one burned out like two weeks ago. So I may need to just go buy a few more. Theyre only like 6 bucks.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Does the connection seem "loose" at all, do you have a spinning tank, or does it seem to not want to "seat" itself correctly? Those would be symptoms of a bent or hurt 510 pin. PLEASE don't use tinfoil, maybe a small disc of plastic or even better a heat insulator... You can get them quite cheaply at Fasttech, although there will be a wait.

I guess it could be your coil. If you are going to a vape store to buy more (and keep some on hand, probably even less expensive to order on line! You will go through those) I would bring your setup with you. The vape shop can probably try another tank on your mod and vice versa, that may help you figure out if an electrical fault was generated in the mod by a fall, or if there is something going on with your connections. I hope it's a simple as a replacement coil, but if it's not, you may have to either warranty your setup (if you are within the warranty period) or purchase something else, if it's a fault in the mod, tank or both. Here's hoping it's salvageable, but to me the best and quickest way to try and isolate what is going on is to ask the vape shop to "test" your gear, to let you figure out what exactly is the problem. Since you dropped the mod, I might suspect either your 510 connection OR an electrical fault being generated. I would do this sooner rather than later, to stay within the warranty period if that becomes necessary.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Snicks

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I am using the second coil, my first one burned out like two weeks ago. So I may need to just go buy a few more. Theyre only like 6 bucks.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to first determine if it is the mod or the tank (you will need another battery and atty). When you find out, I would suggest taking the offending unit to a B&M vape shop and ask if they could recommend a fix if feasible. I suspect there are way too many causes for this type of failure.
Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your questions.
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details".
Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/new-users-put-your-location-in-your-profile.2889/

• Agree
Reactions: Snicks

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I have found that sometime when a mod w/tank drops to the ground it breaks the coil. It has happened to me multiple times. It hits the ground and then the coil fails.

The mod is detecting an issue with the coil. Put a new coil in and rule that out. Chances are it will fire right up. I wouldn't even waste my time trying to jimmy the coil to get it to work. Hell man I need to vape. I'd be at the local shop buying a new pack of coils ASAP.

If you have an old mod laying around or a friend that vapes you can try your tank on the other mod but I bet you $5 it's a bad coil now.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I haven't dropped my mod, but I did have the same problem once after I'd removed the atomizer to clean it. After watching several YouTube vids trying to figure it out, I discovered that if you screw the glass tank too tightly into the atomizer it can cause that error. Also screwing the atomizer down too hard onto the mod will do it too. It seems pretty silly considering you'd think tighter would be better than looser in order to get the perfect vacuum, but loosening them just a tiny bit solved the problem. I hope this can help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread