smok mag p3 trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootsy

Oct 8, 2017
just got this to begin with great flavour and clouds with the dual mesh that came in the kit was running it at the minuim then just like that no flavour or clouds its usless have emailed smok have spent £100 on coils still no good was advised to use a needle on the juice ports but to no avail about ready to chuck this in the bin really gutted any help would be really great please

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
so... is your problem with the Smok Mag P3 or the Smok TFV16 tank on top of it?
Don't know what the minimum wattage is on one of those mods, but I'm sure it's too low to operate the coils in the tank.

I am assuming you mean the .12 dual mesh coils.

Go ahead and run us thru your prep and we might be able to help out.

bootsy

Oct 8, 2017
thank you for the reply yes it was the green and black kit tfv16 tank on op primed the coil before use started it at 30 watts no flavour broke the coilin like that put it up to 60watts was getting a dry hit put it back to 30 watts still no flavour if I put it was left to stand for a hour before use, at the moment using the dual mesh smoke coil .12 ohm coil,also did the same with the triple coil and single coil if I go above 30watts it starts to give dry hits if I go to the best 120 watts it burns the coil I can see red in the juice holes only have one dual coil mesh left be another pack gone. its a shaime as I waited a month for this to come and its been a huge let down for me, ben thinking of going back to my crown 4 that always hase good flavour and clouds good reliable mod kit running in tc mode,any help with this I would be very grateful

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Sounds like you don't have your air flow open fully.
Open up your vents, put a few heavy drops of your eliquid straight down the center hole of your tank, give it a couple drags without power and then give it a drag or 2 with power. Add eliquid in this fashion as needed and turn the power up slowly. It may help you prime your coil.
I would start with about 40watts. .12ohms need more power than 30 watts normally.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
my problem is with the t16 tank on top but I bought the kit tank and mod
Hi,
Watch this video and mimic the reviewers draw strength and speed.

That tank NEEDS huge air flow to cool the coils and feed juice.
If you are trying to get a relaxed 5 second draw from the unit, it WILL disappoint.

CHeers
I

Reactions: Falconeer

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I did try driping juice down the tip but the cotton swelled up and cut the air off
Impossible on a factory made Smok Mesh Coil...

We sell a ton of Mesh and Max Mesh coil heads for the Prince tank and they have absolutely no problem wicking 80% VG and higher juice. What are you using for juice?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
just got this to begin with great flavour and clouds with the dual mesh that came in the kit was running it at the minuim then just like that no flavour or clouds its usless have emailed smok have spent £100 on coils still no good was advised to use a needle on the juice ports but to no avail about ready to chuck this in the bin really gutted any help would be really great please
Welcome and glad you joined.
For general questions, might want to try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Google and You Tube can be also great informational sources.
re: Search Results for Query: smok mesh coils | E-Cigarette Forum
Tanks can be great but you might like to read:
RDA: Rebuildable Drip Atomizers – VapeWild
Vape Coils - Over 100 Replacement Coils for Tanks | VapeWild
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
Squonking 101 - Why Is Squonking Better Than Drippers & RDTAs?
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
RBA Vape Guide: RDA, RTA, Genesis, and More

bootsy

Oct 8, 2017
getting terrible spitback now if I put my obs tank on it its great its the tank is not good, have a new tank coming black one cant get a green one but really tempted to leave it as is just fill with juice leve it to prime for 8 hours then try it
don't really want to waist anther coil but don't have any choice wish the reviews were better I would not of bought one if I hade known all this
smok have not even answered me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread