Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

My first ever smok product, I got the smok Nfix pod kit for review. Its their newest pod device and an updated version of their earlier Infinix and Infinix 2.

Thank you @SMOK_Sophia for sending me this for review.

Specifications:

In the Box:

- Nfix Device
- 2x Nfix DC 0.8ohm mtl pod
- USB-C cable
- User manual
- Warranty card

Two pods are always a good start!

Review:

A nice small light weight pod weighing only 33 grams. In size comparable with the Vaporesso XROS or the Uwell Caliburn. Its metal built feels proper, not sure what metal it is, but probably zinc alloy or stainless steel. Edges are nicely rounded making it a nice hold. Its paint job is done well, and no fingerprints are visible on the device.

What makes this pod unique from others is that it has a screen and wattage adjustment. It’s a tiny screen, but to me its large enough to see what needs to be seen. Very nice to see battery capacity in % rather than with 3 level indicators. When outside it is a bit hard to see since the screen is not that bright, could have been brighter. There is no fire button, since this pod only supports draw-activation.

The one button on the device is only for turning on/off the device and adjusting the wattage. It is simple to adjust the wattage by clicking the button three times, the wattage starts blinking and then with that same button you can click to move the wattage up. At 25W it goes back to 1W. One pity thing is that the puff-counter resets whenever you take out the pod from the device, so the puff counter for many is kind of useless.

Pods connect with a magnetic connection and a click connection in the end, they sit very well inside the device, no wiggling. The side-fill is mess free with its large enough fill port, also there is no massive air bubbles being formed inside the pod making it an easy fill. Like that the pods are transparent, making it easy to see how much liquid there is left.

No coil replacement on these pods, it’s like with the Novo, you toss away the whole pod once it burns or does not perform anymore. For me not much of an issue if the price of the pods are similar to the price of coils, 3 pods cost about 12$ so it’s not bad.

Shape of the pod is comfortable and fits the device very well. Both pods in the kit are 0.8ohm MTL with an interesting dual parallel round wire coil. Nowhere on the packaging or in the manual I was able to find what wattage level this coil can be used for, maybe I am blind, but researching a bit these coils are to be vaped at between 15-25W, which sounds like a lot for MTL.

If its about the vape experience, its nice, but the airflow is maybe a bit too loose for me. It would have been better if they would have only had one airflow hole and not on both sides, putting a piece of tape on one side helps, but it’s not ideal. It does deliver very good flavor, and my sweet spot is at around 20w. It is an advantage for those that like a warmer vape they can go all the way up to 25w, you get a nice warm MTL at 20+W. Draw-activation reacts very well, no issues there at all.

Battery keeps up almost all day, of course depending on the wattage level you vape at. With the USB C it charges in about an hour.

Conclusion:

My first SMOK product and very satisfied with it. A nice portable pod that is comfortable to hold, light weight and has a proper battery and type charging.

It delivers nicotine well and the flavor is above average for such type of device.

This device is mainly for people that like a looser type of MTL draw. It would have been close to perfect if the device would have had airflow adjustment (like the XROS).

Thank you,
SP013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread