Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

The third generation of the nord, the nord X, is what I will be reviewing today.
After the nord and Nord 2, is this the newest and largest of the three.

Nord 2 was bit released even that long ago, quite surprised they already released the X.

This is the 2nd IP67 rated device from SMOK after the Scar-18, like that development.

Specifications:

SMOK NORD X 60W Pod System Features:

Dimensions - 100mm by 31mm by 23mm
Integrated 1500mAh Rechargeable Battery
Wattage Output Range: 5-60W
Voltage Output Range: 0.5-4.0V
Resistance Range: 0.2-3.0ohm
Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
IP67 Rating - Water/Dust/Shock Proofing
Intuitive Firing Button
LED Indicator Light
Side OLED Display Screen
Two Adjustment Buttons
Magnetic Pod Connection
6mL Nord X RPM & RPM 2 Pod Capacity
Side Fill System - Silicone Stoppered
SMOK RPM & RPM 2 Coil Series
0.16ohm RPM 2 Mesh Coil - rated for 25-50W
0.4ohm RPM Mesh Coil - rated for 25W
Press-Fit Connection
Atomizer Recognition
Overheating Protection
8S Cut-Off Protection
Short-Circuit Protection
Low Battery Warning
MicroUSB Port
Available in Black Cobra, White Cobra, 7 Color Cobra, 7 Color Spray, Fluid Blue, Fluid Purple, Fluid Red, Fluid Gold

Packaging:

1 NORD X Device
1 NORD X RPM 2 Pod
1 NORD X RPM Pod
1 0.16ohm RPM 2 Mesh Coil
1 0.4ohm RPM Mesh Coil
1 USB Cable
1 User Manual

Review:

I'm not much a fan of rainbow color(7-color cobra it is actually called), but the overall design is very nice. The rubber side panels give this pod-mod a proper grip. Frames around the plastic front and back panels are made from metal. On the top sides of the metal frame are two airflow openings allowing air to come in from both sides.

It is quite light weighing 102g with a full pod inserted. It is portable as it is not very big. It being IP67 certified is always a plus, but I did not feel like throwing it around to test it though.

It has a comfortable, large enough fire-button that does not rattle and functions very well. The build in led indicator is bright, but also quite useless as my finger covers it anyway while vaping. Two buttons on the side are tiny but sit very well and also have a rubberish feeling, they have a nice click to it.

On the bottom is a plug that uncovers a USB-C port, good it is USB-C. It takes about 70 minutes to fully charge this device. When using at 25W it gets me through a whole day, at 40 I would need to charge somewhere 3/4 into a day.

The screen is nice and bright and has all the details you need for a pod-mod of this size; puff counter, voltage output, resistance, resistance, battery % and the wattage level.

There is pretty much no additional functionalities apart from turning on/off, adjusting the wattage and locking/unlocking the fire-button. Quite disappointing that I am not able to reset the puff counter. Not sure why, but it seems quite logical to include this function. Puff counter resets automatically after 999 is reached, pity it does not go further than 999.

Both pods have a proper 6ml capacity. Difference between the pods is the coil type, one takes the RPM coils and the other the RPM2 coils. They slide and lock into the device strongly with the help of magnets and a click system. Coils push into the pod and should be aligned with the straight edges.

Fill-port is large and accessible on the side, no issues pulling these rubbers out. Like the fact that when the pod is inserted you can easily see the liquid level as the pods are transparent. Mouthpiece is OK for me, it is quite wide but for DTL it is OK.

There are two coils included, one RPM (0.4 ohm) and one RPM2 (0.2ohm) Both coils deliver a really satisfying DTL vape. There is no airflow adjustment, but to me the airflow is about right for both coils/pods.

With the 0.4ohm I get a nice restricted lung hit at 25w, delivering good flavor and dense clouds. I personally prefer the 0.2ohm coil at 40w, the flavor is even better, and the cloud production is quite large for 40w. None of these coils had leaking nor spit-back issues.

This device for me is a RDL/DTL device only with the coils provided in the kit, there is too much airflow for MTL. There is a total of 8 coils compatible with this kit, of which there is 3 MTL coil options, maybe it can figure as a MTL device with those coils, but I simply cannot know without having them.

Conclusion:

A nice pod-mod if it is purely about the vape it provides, nice flavorful and dense clouds. Also 8 coils in the RPM line is a pro, for me coil options is important.

Properly made device that feels solid and will not break down easily with its IP67 rating. Proper battery and charge time with USB-C. Nice and bright screen.

Too poor on functionalities if you ask me. Not being able to reset a puff counter is kind of crappy. Also, adjustable airflow would have been a welcomed feature here.

50$ on the official SMOK store this kit costs, replacement coils cost around 15$-20$ a 4-pack. Quite sure it is available cheaper on other stores, have seen the kit for 36$.

Thank you,
SP013

Reactions: ZuberVape8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread