Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    1.JPG

The novo 2 is an automatic pod and is the natural successor of the 2018 Novo that has been so successful. It was proposed a few months ago with a range of 18 colors and now another 20 color choices are added! Compared to the 2018 Novo this is almost identical in size but has almost double the battery capacity, 800 mAh compared to the 450 mAh of the first Novo. It is supplied with a 1.0 ohm coil / pod for normal liquids and a 1.4 ohm pod / coil for nicotine salts, both pods / coils contain up to 2 ml of liquid.

The original Novo was a great device, but battery life was a negative. It seems that smok listened to the community during the realization of the Novo 2, could this be the simple and automatic pod that everyone was waiting for?

2.jpg

Package contents
    1 x Novo 2 device
    1 x 1.0ohm Pod mesh coil
    1 x 1.4ohm Double coil pod for nicotine salts
    1 x USB charging cable
    1 x user manual

3.jpg

specific
    88.3mm x 24.5mm x 14.5mm
    Weight 43 g
    Liquid capacity 2 ml
    6W-25W output
    800 mAh battery

4.JPG

The Novo 2 has substantially the same dimensions as the original Novo.

5.JPG

We can get the Novo 2 in 38 different color combinations, an infinite choice!
    It is worth mentioning that resin designs are not real resins. In reality they are just plastic panels that look like resin. They still seem to be of good quality.

6.JPG

7.JPG

The design is simple and clean, in the front panel we find the wording SMOK and on the rear panel "Novo 2".

8.jpg

The 2 pins are raised with respect to the bottom, so that any condensation during vaping keeps the connection dry, even the bottom is designed so that there are no leaks towards the battery below.

The lower part is rounded and therefore the Pod does not stand up on its own. This offers no other option than to place it on its side. Although I have no contraindications, I consider it a design flaw.

9.jpg

The Novo 2 is supplied with two pods / coils: one with a 1.4 ohm double coil and a 1.0 ohm spiral coil. The coils are integrated and non-removable. The 1.4ohm one offers a closed MTL shot while the 1.0ohm one has a fairly open MTL shot.

Smok recommends the 1.4ohm pod / coil for nicotine salts and the 1.0ohm pod / coil for normal liquids with nicotine diluted in pg / vg, however 1.4 also works well with local liquids. The 1.0ohm mesh has a slightly stronger Hit.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    These pods / coils are compatible with the original Novo. There are also other resistances that can be purchased separately (compatible with the Novo 2018).

11.jpg

Air flux
    The Novo 2 has what Smok calls a "U" airflow. The air is sucked through the holes located on the sides of the device, and then it is channeled through the hole in the lower part of the pod by crossing the coil up to the mouthpiece.

There is no way to adjust the air flow on the Novo 2, therefore the adjustment is made by the type of coil that we are going to use.

12.JPG

This is an automatic vaporizer, there is no button so just suck in to inhale, the device is very easy to use, the activation of the shot works great and requires little effort to vape.

13.JPG

Smok Novo 2 battery
    The most interesting part of the Novo 2 could be its battery, as I said before, it has the same dimensions as the first Novo but with an almost double capacity.
    Using this Pod I noticed that battery life is definitely a strength compared to other similar products.

There is an LED light on the front of the device which is barely noticeable, basically a small dot, while we vaporize this it lights up to indicate the battery charge level.
    The colors are:

Green: 70% and above

Orange / Yellow: 70-30%

Red: less than 30%

14.JPG

Final thoughts:

It's a really small device! I can almost completely hide it in my hand for a super discreet vape, the body is rounded and comfortable to hold, as a bonus, it is also light; weighs only 43 grams!

the pods of the Novo 2 have a curve that adapts perfectly to the lips. The mouthpiece is made of a smooth and black plastic, when the cartridge is inserted in the device, a thin transparent portion is visible between the cartridge and the battery which allows us to see the liquid level without removing the cartridge; just turn the device sideways and you can see immediately if there is a need to refill.

I was particularly impressed with the 1.0ohm coil cartridge. The mesh produces an accurate and full flavor and it is surprising to get it from such a "basic" vaporizer. It is not at the level of an RDA (no automatic pod is) but the performance is certainly good.

The 1.4ohm pod-coil is less aromatic, but only slightly, on the other hand, the pull is more restricted in the pure MTL style.

After filling each pod at least 5-6 times I have not yet noticed any aroma deterioration.

The experience I had with the Novo 2 is good in many respects even better than all the other automatic systems so far tested. It never lost my liquid, it worked properly without gurgling, spitting or popping, and the battery life is more than valid. I won't replace my boxes with this pod, but I can definitely say that the Novo 2 is the best automatic from Smok, but also one of the best on the market, without a doubt. If you are looking for a simple, functional and cheap automatic pod to buy, the Novo 2 is a choice you will not regret.

15.jpg

I thank Smok for sending the Smok Novo 2 in exchange for this review: Novo2 - Pod System Vapes | SMOK® Official Site

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread