Smok RBA add on vs. Peerless RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
So that's what I'm thinking of buying in about 2 days. I have 4 smok tanks b.b.,b.b.b & x-baby, oh and the prince, all have rba's available online but then one local shop has the Peerless they swear it's better more durable. Price is not a factor in it for me, product performance, durability and ease of use are. I've never built a coil so...Which would you think better to start/stay with?

My current disposable coils are .2 ohms at 70 watts & .13 ohms at 80 watts
_mfs8330.jpg
geek_vape_peerless_rdta_silver_2.jpg

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
All in all I prefere dedicated R(D)TAs over subohm tanks with RBA sections. They're easier to build on, because most of the time they offer more space, aren't as prone to leaking and give me better all around flavor, because of the optimized deck. And last but not least screwed in RBAs with a floating 510 pin might have connectivity problems.
But in the end it comes down to personal preference.

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
I ordered the rba for the baby beast. I built it with 2 other tanks. I didn't vape it as much as the other two tanks in the two days I built the coils but it did get use. I decided to check the coil due to funky taste and the screws in the deck started to rust. I loved the performance but the rusting turned me off of the rba section.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I'll tell you this: the Peerless RDTA will be harder to build on considering you're new to this, but personally i don't recommend smok's rba sections, tried one absolutely hated it. It's easy to build on, but imho it had bad flavor, bad vapor production and kept shorting out (known issue for the BBB rba deck) If what you want is a tank i'd suggest something like the kensei RTA, it's dual coil and very easy to build on from my experience.don't have much negative to say besides the fact it's not as flavorfull as my rdas but that's normal.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have generally found building on decks designed to be drop-in coils to be a bit frustrating. The build decks can (sometimes) be quite small, but the main issue is that drop in tanks are just primarily not designed to run in that fashion, they are sometimes backward engineered, potentially prone to more leaking (I don't know if that's true of all of them.

If you want to try the Prince deck and see how it functioned, I wouldn't necessarily warn against doing that (some folks get good results) but I tend to prefer building a tank "designed" to be an RTA, honestly, with my building skills they're just so much easier to deal with. Etc.

Your mileage may vary, so trying a dedicated RBA and a deck in your current tank is probably as good a way as any to get started. You may find you prefer one over the other, but really, even if you don't wind up loving the prince deck it's inexpensive and will certainly help you hone your building skills. Etc.

Anna

Edward Denison

Jan 25, 2018
Talent, Oregon, U.S.A.
Thanks for the input, I bought the Peerless and it was 5 minutes to install and fire the included pre-made coils.I'm very pleased with it at .15 ohms and 70 watts.:)
I may still give the rba a try for the Prince tank, it's cheap.
Guess I should have mentioned I've worked in a clean room under magnification on bread boards. So it's a question of, how long do I want to spend installing a set of coils really?:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread