Smok Rolo Badge Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
Hello all - I just ordered a smok Rolo Badge and got it in the mail yesterday. I don't use pod systems exclusively, in fact, I don't even really enjoy them that much, but they are much more convenient at work than my high-powered devices topped with RDAs. I have a couple of pod systems (a BO Vape and a Suarin Drop) that have served me well and both have good mouth to lung draws. This Badge, however, has a very airy draw - in fact, I almost have to cover the entire pod with my mouth and forcefully pull a direct lung hit in order to get any vapor at all. I'm hoping it's the pod that's defective, but I don't want to fill the extra pod that came with the mod up only to discover that it has the same issue (also, I'm bored at work and don't have anything better to do than post about it, ha!) . Has anyone else experienced this with the Badge? is it just the way this mod hits or should I go ahead and toss the pod and fill the extra up?

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You “ordered a smoke rollo badge and got it in the mail”. I am going to choose to believe this is some sort of merit badge one gets for trying to smoke a rollo. I know it probably isn’t but I don’t think the concept could possibly improved by reality.

As far as your actual problem goes I have no idea. I’ve never even heard of the product. SMOK is not known for making particularly good pod mods though so if I had to guess I’d say it’s probably endemic to the design

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
You “ordered a smoke rollo badge and got it in the mail”. I am going to choose to believe this is some sort of merit badge one gets for trying to smoke a rollo. I know it probably isn’t but I don’t think the concept could possibly improved by reality.

As far as your actual problem goes I have no idea. I’ve never even heard of the product. SMOK is not known for making particularly good pod mods though so if I had to guess I’d say it’s probably endemic to the design

I do love me some Rollo's, but probably not enough to smoke them. Even though you had to take some liberties with the spelling of a couple of words, I found this humorous - I'm still not getting along with the mod very well, but at least I got a chuckle out of it. :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd be inclined to agree with @bombastinator , smok isn't known for their pody goodness. I think the one they manufactured before this one a few people liked, but not that many. However, I will also state that it has to be fairly difficult to make a good DL vape pod mod, it's sort of hard due to size and other issues.
Good luck though

Anna

Reactions: theinlawjosie

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I'd be inclined to agree with @bombastinator , smok isn't known for their pody goodness. I think the one they manufactured before this one a few people liked, but not that many. However, I will also state that it has to be fairly difficult to make a good DL vape pod mod, it's sort of hard due to size and other issues.
Good luck though

Anna

Yeah, I didn't really buy it for the quality that smok is known for - I just needed an extra pod for work and it was cheap and my local vape shop sells replacement pods so I added it to my already full cart on a whim. I also wasn't expecting, nor do I want a DL pod mod - I watched a few reviews on the device after I ordered it, and it seems as though it was hitting the same as my Suorin Drop (MTL without a ton of effort) in the videos, which is what I was after.

To be fair, I'm probably not doing a very good job of explaining the issue - it's almost like there is air getting in under the pod, which is why I have to cover the whole pod with my mouth. I don't know if maybe the sensor isn't sensitive enough, or there is an issue with the pod I'm using, but it just isn't hitting like I expected it to at all. Not a huge deal, like I said, it was inexpensive, I just figured with Smok being such a ubiquitous brand, I might be able to get some helpful feedback.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread