Smok Stick 80w overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krav

Jun 29, 2020
I bought a brand new device and on the very same day, after charging it, it began to over heat (as if I held down the button) to the point where it looked and sounded if it was going to catch fire. It burnt the liquid (full tank) in less than 30 seconds.

The only way to stop it was to disconnect the tank and the battery. After letting it cool down i reconnected it, same thing happens.

I sent back this deathtrap to the shop and they sent a replacement. Exact same thing happened again. Can someone please explain how this can happen? I’ll attach a video if I can work it out, it will explain it better.

Krav

Jun 29, 2020
Perhaps you're putting too much pressure on the fire button and it can't become 'unstuck'.. A video, as sonicbomb suggested, would help us help you.

Not the best video in the world admittedly. At no point was I touched the fire button.

Both times it had happened within minutes of taking it off charge. Both times I used the USB cable that it came with and Amazon socket into an ordinary plug socket - not an Xbox or anything like that.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Whether that device is auto-fire or button-fire or both, it seems that device is defective. While, as sonicbomb mentioned, getting two defective devices in a row is unlikely, maybe Smok is trying to break a record or something.. :laugh:

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

Krav

Jun 29, 2020
    I’m just going to cut my losses on it, it was only £30 and it isn’t worth burning the house down.

I had used the TC Coolfire for years without any hassle (apart from the dwindling battery life but that’s standard for ageing electronics). I’ll buy a fresh version of that I think.

Thanks for your help guys!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    If you try another atty with same results then the firing button is stuck downward either the outside button on mod or the button coming off the board that the outer button pushes down on.

On many there is a small spring that forces the outer button back out to release itself from the board button being a tube mod makes it very difficult for end user to get to the board to inspect.

Two Newer mods back to back doing the same tells me there is a major problem perhaps with quality control if there even is any.
    Personally would not trust either to use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread