Not open for further replies.

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada

Damian

Jun 14, 2012
Houston
Watch this video: topping off cartomizers - YouTube

He says it is for "topping off" cartomizers, but this is the only method I use to fill a cartomizer. There are other methods, I haven't tried them, but I don't have a syringe and the other methods seem like a mess.

When you're done, you can put the white silicone stopper back in and vape. Or, you can leave it out and vape, or you can put in a drip tip and vape. It's a matter of preference.

gfht

Mar 30, 2012
canada
Watch this video: topping off cartomizers - YouTube

He says it is for "topping off" cartomizers, but this is the only method I use to fill a cartomizer. There are other methods, I haven't tried them, but I don't have a syringe and the other methods seem like a mess.

When you're done, you can put the white silicone stopper back in and vape. Or, you can leave it out and vape, or you can put in a drip tip and vape. It's a matter of preference.

That's for that!

I followed those instructions with a new cartomizer but I'm still getting a little bit of leaking, even after blowing in it. Is leaking normal with this cartomizer?

Jul 19, 2012
Nashville
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
If you are using a regulated 3.7V device with about 1000mAh or more battery I'd recommend Smoktech single coil LR cartos: 1.7 ohms or 2.0 ohms, depending on taste. If you have 4.2V then try the LR dual coils. 3.7V is not really enough battery for dual coils. The LR single coils hit hard at 3.7V.

Be sure to completely fill the cartos before use. The Smoktech XLs hold 1.8ml on dry fill. The larger sizes hold even more. To avoid burning the filler and ruining the carto I never vape off more than 1.0 ml from these before refilling. I vape more than 20ml off these XL cartos on a regular basis before changing them out.

This is a subjective thing, but I taste the plastic tubes on Smoktech cartos. I always use Smoktech stainless steel cartos.

Last edited:

Damian

Jun 14, 2012
Houston
I followed those instructions with a new cartomizer but I'm still getting a little bit of leaking, even after blowing in it. Is leaking normal with this cartomizer?

It is very possible you spilled a little. Filling cartos isn't hard, but you might need to do it a few times to get the hang of it and avoid flooding it when you fill them. It's possible you over-filled it. Just blow out whatever excess you can, then wipe off the carto and battery and it should clear up soon.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Are you sure you're not talking about the little white rubber piece with a hole in the center that is pushed into the top of the carto? If so, pull that out and throw it away. Use the condom fill method, What you did was to essentially pour juice into the center air tube of the carto. Juice is not supposed to go in there. Also, use a drip tip on the end of the carto to vape through. Here is a link to the condom fill method-

A PBusardo Tutorial : Filling Boge 510 Cartomizers - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread