SMOK TFV12 Prince tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Klueppel

Dec 6, 2018
Hi,

my first mod was the smok Stick Prince with the smok TFV12 Prince tank.
It came with the basic M4 and Q4 coils, which are not that great, but I used it mostly with the regular Mesh coil.

I just tried the MAX MESH coil. This coil will not work very well on the stick mod because of low wattage so I put it on my new Species Mod.
This coil is just awesome at around 110W.

Did someone try the new dual mesh and triple mesh in the TFV12? I'm pretty happy with the MAX MESH but who knows maybe the dual or triple are even better.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Why do you say 110 is too much? these new coils are rated 80 - 130W best 90-110W.
Part of it I think is before coil cartridges 30w was considered a healthy voltage for DL. 30w is a number a single battery mod can only just barely do in a matter that doesn’t stress the battery/s. If you want reasonable battery life at 30w you need a dual battery mod. 110w is more than 3 times that. Even a triple battery mod won’t last long. Coil cartridges have massively increased voltages but mods and batteries are still designed more or less the same way. This is not to say that that 110w device is necessarily a better vape than a 30w coil. Coil cartridges have to deal with various airflow and juiceflow issues endemic to the coil cartridge system. So is it a lot? Yes,bu several measurements. By all of them? Not necessarily.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Wanted to quote them two, but yeah... 110W? My first variable mod only had 75W max and I thought that was too high. And I vape at 27 to 33 watts only. 35W is already too warm/hot for me. When I watch those youtubers review mods and atty and set their mods at 60 to 80 watts, I am like no way! Of course the flavor jumps at that point! Even they claim no one needs 100W:D

Anyways, mesh coils seems to have high wattage requirements. So even if I drooled for those profile RDAs and others etc, I still managed to keep away from them. Good for you though! As long as you're happy mate! Everyone can choose their trip I guess...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Why do you say 110 is too much? these new coils are rated 80 - 130W best 90-110W.
I've been vaping for nearly 7 years. My original setups only put out maybe 12 watts. Over time my later setups had more power, as much as 200 watts available, but I never vaped higher than 35 watts. Anything higher was too harsh and too hot of a vape for me. So for a few years now my "sweet spot" has been 30 watts.

I'm a reviewer for one of the major manufacturers. I often get free tanks to try with free mods. I know from experience that I'm probably not going to like a tank whose coils require over 60 watts of mod power to get a decent vape. Not saying that there is anything wrong with that, but its not something that I would like or would be interested in. In my reviews, I'm often critical if the tank's coil options does not offer a choice in my preferrred wattage range.

I'm not alone in my wattage preferences. Out of curiosity a while back, I started an informal poll to find out what other people's wattage preference is.

How many watts do you vape at? (2018)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bombastinator
Would someone be so kind as to take the dimension/measurement of the SMOK TFV12 Prince Tank coils please?
The reason I ask is that they look very similar to a Sigelei 'L' series coil. I have a surplus of these 'L' coils and have been looking for a less expensive tank than the Sigelei for my daughter starting her newbie vape journey. Huge coils they are! Even a pic of the coil next to a ruler would be a start. TIA.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Would someone be so kind as to take the dimension/measurement of the SMOK TFV12 Prince Tank coils please?
The reason I ask is that they look very similar to a Sigelei 'L' series coil. I have a surplus of these 'L' coils and have been looking for a less expensive tank than the Sigelei for my daughter starting her newbie vape journey. Huge coils they are! Even a pic of the coil next to a ruler would be a start. TIA.
One would assume that google robots already have both of those squirreled away somewhere.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Way too much Wattage for my personal enjoyment. My wattage range anywhere between 12-60 watts depending on what Atomizer/build, ejuice, and Mod. Lately been using sub-ohm tanks but still only go 60 watts max. Hope you carry enough juice with you, and of course batteries. As for batteries, hopefully you are using batteries that can handle that wattage.
Vape safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread