Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    smok Thallo S 100W & Thallo 80W Kit

1.jpg

smok Thallo & Thallo S Kit are two new proposals very similar to the already known versions of VooPoo and Aspire but with some interesting upgrades that in my opinion make them attractive for those looking for valid alternatives.

Enjoy the reading

The front packs (logically) differ from each other depending on the mod contained, so we find the pic of the device, the type of coil adopted and the main features in the form of an icon.

On the back of the packages are indicated: the content, some warnings, logos & brands.

2.jpg

A numeric code, a bar code, the address of Shenzhen IVPS Technology CO, LTD, a hologram and the scratch & check ... We find them all displayed on the sides of the package.

3.jpg

Thallo S 100W Content:
    1 * SMOK Thallo S Device
    1 * Thallo RPM 2 Pod (5ml)
    1 * 0.16Ω RPM 2 Mesh Coil (25-50W)
    1 * 0.6Ω MTL RPM 2 Coil (12-25W)
    1 * Type-C Cable
    1 * User Manual

Thallo 80W Content:
    1 * SMOK Thallo Device (3000mah)
    1 * Thallo RPM 2 Pod (5ml)
    1 * Mesh Coil RPM 2 Mesh 0.16Ω (25-50W)
    1 * Coil RPM 2 DC 0.6Ω MTL (12-25W)
    1 * Type-C Cable
    1 * User Manual

4.jpg

Thallo S 100W parameters:
    Frame construction: Zinc alloy
    Chipset: IQ-XS
    Reaction time: 0.001 s
    Screen: 0.96 "color
    Dimensions: 129.1x37.5x31.4 mm
    Weight: 107gr (battery excluded)
    Battery: single 18650/21700 (not included)
    Output: 5-100W (21700) / 5-80W (18650)
    Output voltage: 0.5-4.0
    Input voltage: 3.3-4.2V
    Resistance range: 0.15-2.5Ω
    Charging voltage: 5V ± 0.2V
    Charging current: max 1.4A
    Stand by current: <120uA
    Tank capacity: 5ml
    Drip-Tip: replaceable
    Coil installation: Press Fit
    Pod connection: magnetic
    AFC Control
    Low voltage protection
    Short circuit protection
    8S cut-off protection
    Thermal protection

Thallo 80W parameters:
    Frame construction: Zinc alloy
    Chipset: IQ-XS
    Reaction time: 0.001 s
    Screen: 0.96 "color
    Dimensions: 123,65x37,7z30 mm
    Weight: 148gr
    Battery: built-in 3000mAh
    Output: 1-80W
    Output voltage: 0.8-4.0
    Input voltage: 3.3-4.2V
    Resistance range: 0.15-2.5Ω
    Charging voltage: 5V ± 0.2V
    Charging current: max 1.2A
    Stand by current: <100uA
    Overcharge Voltage: 4.3V ± 0.05V
    Overcharge Current: 2A ± 0.6A
    Over-discharge Voltage: 2.4V ± 0.05V
    Tank capacity: 5ml
    Drip-Tip: replaceable
    Coil installation: Press Fit
    Pod connection: magnetic
    AFC Control
    Low voltage protection
    Short circuit protection
    8S cut-off protection
    Thermal protection

5.jpg

Five new colors + six Fluid colors:
    Black, gray, red, blue, brown
    Fluid Black Red, Fluid Gold, Fluid Green, Fluid Blue, Fluid 7 colors, Fluid Black Gray

6.jpg

SMOK Thallo S 100W & Thallo 80W Kit Upgrade:

When I unpacked these new SMOK kits, my first concern was to verify that all the salient strengths that made VooPoo's Drag-S and Drag-X so popular were present.

Yes, compared to the competition, SMOK has maintained its strengths and successes such as: magnetic circular Pod, large liquid capacity of the pod, ergonomic line of devices, AFC adjustment, attractive design and use of precious materials ...

What makes the new SMOK Thallo S 100W & Thallo 80W devices special is mainly that they have adopted a large 21700 battery (Thallo S 100W) and an equally large 3,000mAh built-in battery on the Thallo 80W.

Another pleasant surprise that SMOK has FINALLY reserved for us is the possibility of being able to change the Drip-Tip 510 to our liking, a particular not insignificant and certainly appreciated by everyone.

7.jpg

The tactile sensation of the materials is the same (positive) found with the competition in the previous tests ... Faced with the larger size of the batteries used, these two Smok devices compared to the Drag-X / S have undergone a natural and slight change in their size and design, while remaining very manageable and aesthetically pleasing without excess.

8.jpg

Both devices on the front have a 0.96-inch color display, the adjustment keys and the fire button are made of plastic, are slightly protruding and all quite comfortable to click.
    The USB Type-C charging port is positioned at the bottom, so you can keep your devices standing while charging.

The handle is more rounded than the "thinner" devices of the competition, the soft PU leather used as a coating has beautiful liquid patterns of colors and is always pleasant to the touch.

9.jpg

The main visual difference in the design of Thallo S & Thallo (compared to competitors) can be seen on the side profiles, in fact the front panel that houses the control panel is more protruding than the central body, this is certainly due to the fact that with the use of larger batteries had to find the right space to house the chipset.

At the bottom, on the side profile of the front panel, the SMOK logo and the words Thallo or Thallo S (depending on the version) are shown.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Physically both kits look the same, the only difference is that the Thallo S kit has an opening battery cap on the bottom, while the Thallo version uses an integrated, non-replaceable battery.

The pod / tank compartment of both devices is obtained inside a circular metal structure that externally incorporates the control AFC, this structure is screwed to the battery by means of three small screws and leaves the two contact pins uncovered on the bottom.

11.jpg

As we can see from the images below, the Thallo S offers the possibility of hosting 18650/21700 batteries while the Thallo version uses a large 3,000mAh battery.

A positive feature of the Thallon S is that it has a large enough compartment / battery to accommodate even those types of 21700s that are larger than average such as the Golisi.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Pod Tank RPM2:
    As I said at the beginning, one of the advantages of these tanks is that of being able to replace the Drip-tip (not removable on competing devices).
    Smok inside the package offers a classic one in black derlin and a very beautiful one in decorated resin, the latter can also be purchased separately and proposed in five different chromatic styles.

14.jpg

The Drip-tip has two sealing o'ring, the RPM2 pod / tank is built in smoky color pctg with good transparency and can hold up to 5ml of liquid.
    The pod / tank is equipped with two magnets which effectively hold it to the device.
    The rubber stopper is on the side and gives access to a comfortable and good-sized refill hole.
    The coils are inserted with the Press and pull method.

15.jpg

After choosing our coil and refueling, we can adjust the air to our liking thanks to a fully adjustable AFC. The AFC is made of plastic and rotates freely around the compartment / pod. The two opposing slots measure 12x3.5mm and have a convenient central crossbar for adjustment, like that of the TFV9 tank.

16.jpg

Thallo S & Thallo Coil:

0.16Ω RPM 2 Mesh Coil (25-50W)
    The 0.16Ω RPM2 previously tested on SCAR P3 and P5 devices is a coil with a really flexible use and is incredibly able to work perfectly at 20W, Magic of the Mesh!
    I found myself by mistake vape at 20W with this 0.16Ω coil and I did it for a long time before I realized it (I was above thought).
    I must say I was surprised!
    However respecting the Best of 40W that Smok indicates. The behavior is exceptional, very high vapor production and dense clouds, medium open DTL.
    The steam is hot but never too hot, tastes good and puffs smooth as oil, promoted to the great both with 50/50 liquids and with 70/30 liquids, low condensation production, just dry at the end of the day.
    This coil on the "Thallo" devices compared to the previous ones from Smok, naturally works better thanks to the adjustable AFC.

0.6Ω MTL RPM 2 Coil (12-25W)
    This Coil was introduced specifically for the "Thallo" devices, it is a double wire resistor that can be used already starting from 12W, at this power and with the air-flow completely closed, it offers an MTL type Puff quite narrow, it feeds well and does not heat up, I also tested it with Tip MTL with a very small diameter, obtaining good results, to make pure MTL however a resistance of at least 1.0Ω would be needed.

Note * Two different RPM2 coils are provided in the kit, at the moment they are the only two available, but the range of RPM2 coils will certainly be expanded by SMOK.
    In order to also take advantage of the numerous RPM series coils, SMOK will put on the market a spare RPM tank suitable for them.

17.jpg

How Thallo S & Thallo work:
    The main difference between the two kits is the power output.
    Both devices have variable power output controlled by the IQ-XS chip that boasts a quick firing speed of 0.001 seconds.
    The Thallo S Kit with 18650 battery will produce power from 1 to 80W while with 21700 battery it is capable of reaching 100W.
    The Thallo kit with internal battery will only produce power from 1 to 80W.
    * Note: To better exploit the power of the Thallo S and Thallo devices, I hope that Smok introduces RPM2 resistors that can be used at at least 60 / 80W.

The 0.96-inch screen uses larger fonts to display basic information more clearly.
    The screen shows all the information useful for vaping such as:
    - Graphic level and percentage of remaining battery charge
    - Display lock / unlock
    - Wattage
    - Volt
    - Ohm of the Coil
    - Duration of the last puff
    - Total number of puffs

- To turn the mod on / off, click the Fire button five consecutive
    - When a new battery is inserted, the Thallo S will show the choice 18650/21700 on the display, we will then select the one inserted, confirming with the Fire button.
    - Click Up or Down to change the Wattage from 1 to 100W (Thallo S) and from 1 to 80W (Thallo) the increase / decrease is 1W at a time for both.
    - To lock / unlock the wattage press the up / down buttons simultaneously.
    - To choose one of the five background colors, press the Up / Fire buttons at the same time, even when the screen is locked.
    - To delete the total number of puffs, press the Down / Fire buttons simultaneously, to confirm select yes / no and click the choice with the Fire button.

18.jpg

Batteries and Charging:
    Both kits are equipped with a USB type C port and during the charging phase they show the remaining time, so the Thallo S version is also equipped with a USB charging cable, but as in all Mods equipped with external batteries I always recommend use an external charger.

The charging speed varies depending on the device: 1.4A Speed for the Thallo S and 1.2A for the Thallo with integrated battery.
    The Thallo with integrated battery takes about 120 minutes for a full charge cycle.

During my tests with the 3,000mAh built-in Thallo battery I was able to do 656 Puff at 12W using the 0.6Ω coil.
    With the Mesh Coil from 0.16Ω to 25W the result was 356 puff.

19.jpg

Final remarks:
    Yes, I know that pod systems that are released lately all look the same, but some options present on Thallo S & Thallo; like the ability to change the drip-tip and the use of large and long-lasting batteries are still an upgrade.

Highlights Thallo S and Thallo:
    Pros:

Easy to use, Fire responsive IQ-XS menu chipset (0.001sec)
    Aesthetics and a wide choice of colors (5 + 6)
    Details in PU leather
    5ml capacity transparent pods
    Comfortable refill
    Powerful Pod Magnets
    Large and bright color screen
    Fully adjustable air flow
    The 0.16Ω RPM2 Coil is very responsive and works well even at relatively low wattages
    Good durability of both RPM2 coils
    Wide choice of RPM coils (with optional RPM tank)
    Wide choice of resin tips (optional)
    Thallo S with external 18650/21700 battery
    Thallo with built-in 3000 mAh battery
    USB Type-C charging port

Tips:
    Only two RPM2 coils.

Thanks to Smok for sending me these two devices:
    Thallo S - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience
    Thallo - SMOK® | Innovation Keeps Changing the Vaping Experience

20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.