Smok V-Fin 160W Display Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Pincott-Brown

Apr 28, 2019
Hi,

I have had a smok V-Fin 160W boxmod for about six weeks. It worked fine at first then after about 3 weeks the display showed “charging” when not in use (or charging!). It did it a few times then that issue stopped.

A week or so later it started a new issue. It’ll work okay for several uses then when I hit the fire button it shows the Strength display with Norm/Hard/Soft flickering. If I hold the Fire button (as per instructions to select a strength) it goes steady and display returns to normal. Not the end of the world, but this is obviously an annoyance.

I contacted the on-line seller and they said to try the reset button but this didn’t help. I'm currently trying to return it but they aren't being too helpful.

I was wondering if there was a fix or if it is a known problem. It’s a very bulky item but seems durable and the battery life is good. I use it at work mostly and I like the ruggedness.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I was wondering if there was a fix or if it is a known problem.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to try the micro USB port firmware upgrade.

If you do not get satisfaction from Smok, could post in: Reviews of Suppliers - Negative
WARRANTY POLICY
1. SMOK offers a quality guarantee period of SIX months from date of purchase ('Warranty Period').
re: SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!
Superglue question

Could fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

If all else fails, might want to ask the membership for a recommendation regarding which Mod is the most dependable and cost effective in the mod forum:
re: VV/VW APV Discussion

• Useful
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread