Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    smok vape Pen V2 60W Starter Kit 1600mAh

The smok Vape Pen V2 60W Starter Kit is a new pen-shaped AIO kit. The 60W SMOK Vape Pen V2 Kit works in By-Pass with an integrated 1600 mAh battery and can generate up to 60W of power. The SMOK Vape Pen V2 Kit is equipped with 3 LED indicators to show the battery charge status in real time. The control uses a single fire button. The SMOK Vape Pen V2 has a 3ml capacity with top refill, the airflow is fully adjustable thanks to a TFV9 style rotating bezel.

Note: Packaging and accessories may vary from batch to batch. All images are for reference purposes only.

Enjoy the reading.

The kit comes in a white cardboard box, the Smok Vape pen V2 is shown on the front together with the color indication and the main features in the form of an icon.

On the back are reported, the content, the address of Smok Ivps Technology Co. ltd, warnings, brands & logos.

The anti-counterfeiting code, the bar code, the smok hologram, all the Smok addresses, the scratch / check and the QR code are all found on the side profiles of the package.

1.jpg

Packing List:
    1 SMOK Vape Pen V2 Device (3ml)
    2 Mesh Vape Pen Coil of 0.15Ω range 30-50W
    1 USB charging cable
    1 Warning card
    1 Warranty card
    1 User Manual

2.jpg

Parameters and characteristics:
    Dimensions: 22x117.7mm
    Weight: 93gr
    Battery: 1600mAh built-in battery (not included)
    Output: 1-60W
    Output voltage: 3.0-4.0V.
    Input voltage: 3.3-4.2 ± 0.2V.
    Resistance range: 0.14-3.0Ω
    Charging current: max 670mAh
    Charging voltage: 4.2 ± 0.2V.
    Overload voltage: 4.3 ± 0.05V.
    Over discharge voltage: 2.4 ± 0.05V.
    Standby current: <50uA
    Overload Current: 1.7 ± 0.6A.
    Capacity: 3ml
    AFC: adjustable
    Charge status control: 3 LEDs
    Lithium battery protections
    Atomizer detection
    8 second break
    Short circuit protection
    Low voltage protection

Available colours:
    Red, stainless steel, black, 7-color, gold, blue, gun metal.

3.jpg

4.jpg

First impressions:
    At home I have numerous Smok products with this shape, nothing to say, all still working perfectly, they never gave me problems, so I was quite curious to check any innovations introduced on this new Vape Pen V2.

To tell the truth, I was afraid that this was yet another product without any air control, luckily Smok introduced, big thanks!

Opening the package I was a bit disappointed by the absence of a spare glass, but then I got intrigued by seeing the look of the new (for me) Mesh-coil vape Pen V2. As for the rest, there is everything you need to start vaping, there is also a spare coil.

Some solutions seem economic and concern the fact of not having introduced the replaceable Drip-tip and the Type-C charging socket, but we will see later in the review if these factors disappoint my expectations or not.

The design is the classic one of Smok, with a good choice of colors, the dimensions are ultra portable and the device is quite light (93gr) it seems to be in aluminum alloy ... All good in these respects.

5.jpg

I received the rainbow version (7-color) the paintwork looks sturdy, however, I would have loved to have received the black version which I find really elegant.

On the body there is a single, easy-to-reach and well-clickable, circular shaped Fire button that protrudes slightly, with a red seal surrounding it.

Above the single button there are three small holes that contain the respective notification LEDs for the state of charge of the battery, at the bottom arranged vertically the writing "Vape pen v2" is shown.

Adjustable AFC is a significant plus even on these cheap devices.

The micro-usb charging socket is located on the opposite side, under it, at the bottom is the brand logo (Smok).

6.jpg

The compartment / coil has a thread with good smoothness, on the bottom there is the contact pin of the integrated 1,600mAh battery.
    The lower part of the Vape Pen has a central vent hole to limit any dangerous and unfortunate malfunctions, we also find the mark (C E), the disposal logo and the writing "Designed by Smok 1.600mAh".

7.jpg

Vape Pen Coil:
    The two coils present in the kit are probably specific for this kit, they are two rather large Mesh-Coils, both 0.15Ω with a range of 30-50W.

The optional coil range is quite complete:
    - 0.15Ω Strip Coil Vape Pen
    - 0.25Ω Dual Coil Vape Pen
    - 0.3Ω Dual Coil Vape Pen
    - Coil Vape Pen DC 0.6Ω range 12-25W

Each of these Coils can be used with this Kit, the By-pass system detects them and will make them work at their best-wattage, naturally and consequently when the battery drops.

8.jpg

Before starting to vape, I primed the cotton with liquid in the side holes of the coil, also wetting the upper internal part, I screwed the resistance to the deck, I wet the o-ring (red) at the base of the deck to insert the glass, I screwed the upper ring nut and through its two huge slots I filled up with liquid (3ml).

As already mentioned, unfortunately, the Drip-Tip is not replaceable and is integral with the top-Cap, however this single block is not so bad to screw / unscrew, moreover its dimensions are suitable for a DL vape.

* I recommend waiting at least 10 minutes before starting to vape, to allow the cotton to soak well and thus prevent dry burns.

9.jpg

The AFC consists of a knurled ring nut for a better grip of the fingers and is equipped with end stops. The design of the two opposing slots is the same as the TFV9 tank with central reference crosspiece, they measure 12x3mm at full opening.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    How the SMOK Vape Pen V2 60W Starter Kit 1600mAh works:
    With the single Fire button you can do the following:

- Five clicks to turn on / off
    - Two clicks to monitor the battery charge status and this is an upgrade over previous Smok devices

Charging indication:
    - 3 LEDs on the battery is charged between 70 and 100%
    - 2 LEDs on the battery is charged between 30 and 70%
    - 1 LED on the battery is charged between 0 and 30%

11.jpg

Vaping test:
    The SMOK Vape Pen V2 60W Starter Kit 1600mAh is equipped with a 0.15Ω Mesh-Coil with a 30-50W range that works really well, but this is not new, lately the greatest progress has been made in the field of pre-made coils , especially in those with Mesh technology.

In this case, this Coil also has the advantage of counter the physiological drop in the battery that is combined with by-pass systems like this one.
    One of the positive characteristics of this type of coil is in fact that of being able to absorb less power for their activation, to the advantage of regular operation even in the face of medium / low charge levels.

With the new Coil the first puffs leave an unwelcome aftertaste of cotton, the running-in ends approximately after having consumed half a tank, subsequently it is a crescendo of soft and velvety puffs, rich in flavor, the release of steam is abundant, dense and creamy , a symptom in my opinion of a well balanced aflux of liquid .

SMOK Vape Pen V2 60W Highlight:
    Pros:

- Handling
    - Numerous color choices
    - Adjustable AFC
    - Charge status control: through three LEDs
    - Lithium battery protections
    - 0.15Ω Mesh Vape Pen Coil
    - Strong and constant delivery
    - Convenient price

Tips:
    - Slow charging