SMOK X Cube mini VS. Koopor Mini??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansu

Dec 4, 2015
Hi,
Im new here and its a good chance i am posting on the wrong category.

My questions are what to choose between smok x Cube mini and Koopor mini?

I also want to know which tank to pair it with best, smok tvf4 mini or regular?

I actually Just ordered a Vaporfi Vox mini without looking around to much and now feel kinda stupid :), good thing its returnable.

Thanks!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Moved to Temperature Control from New Members :)

viannen_01.gif

Welcome!​

pJYvGY3.gif

Reactions: Ansu

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
I do not think anyone could give you an %100 accurate answer because we do not know what your vaping habits/preferences are like now.

I would suggest you do something like I just did myself, go and watch reviews on youtube that show the products in question and hopefully have pro's and cons for both.

Differences of the 2 mods you mentioned for consideration:

X Cube Mini
Smallish sized box mod
75 watts
CON Very Wiggly Fire button bar
Flashy led and blue tooth control
CON buttons on top of mod, juice can get inside
PRO TC in Ni Ti and SS
$45 estimated
CON short delay in firing and producing vapor
CON battery cover wiggly/loose
USB port on Bottom for charging, I am not a fan of bottom charging ports.
Comes in Red, Black, Stainless, White.

Koopor Mini
Smaller sized box mod, more rounded edges.
60 watts
Standard fire button, slightly wobbly
nothing flashy
PRO buttons on side, less chance of juice getting in
TC in Ni and Ti (CON No SS)
$40 estimated
PRO Better battery cover
USB port on bottom for updates only, separate charger required. Would suggest a spare battery.
Comes in Silver or Black

The one I bought after a couple of months of scouring reviews:

Wismec Presa 75w TC
So small you can hide it in you hand (minus tank), VERY comfortable, surprisingly heavy and solid. Dead Sexy (IMHO)
Fire button leans into the mod like this \ so squeeze and vape, left or right handed front back it does not matter
Aside from front fire panel button, 2 other buttons at lower front of mod

TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/VW/Bypass Mode

USB port just below the 2 front panel buttons for BOTH charging and updates. This allows you to charge it while it stands upright with a tank attached.

Rear battery cover is taco shaped verses flat panels in mods above. Has just a slight up/down wiggle with accompanying dink / donk sound when physically moved. Cover will not move when shaken. I could not get it to fly off even picking up the mod by the cover and trying to shake the mod off the cover even with a tank attached, very strong magnets.

$39.99 base, $44.99 with shipping from angelcigs as they were about the only ones I found with it in stock when I ordered it. (china company, shipped from a ware house in California, and I had to use paypal as a lot of american CC's auto deny anything china based even though they have a USA location that most items ship from. ) Arrived in 4 days.
Comes in Silver or Black.
Comes with a 510 to EGO adapter, USB charging/update cable.

As to what tank to pair with any device, the answer depends on how you like to vape. Do you sub ohm already? Do you want to just blow big clouds and do not mind a warm to hot vape? if so the the tfv4 will probably be great. Do you want a cool vape and are more concerned with flavor? If so even an aspire K1 will work fine at 10 watts / 4.2 volts and produce decent vapor, I am running that while I figure out the crown tank. I can vape for days before needing to recharge it.

Mine shipped with 1.01 Firmware, I just spent 10 seconds grabbing the 1.02 firmware and like 2 seconds installing it.
This added the TC mode for SS. FYI Wismec is associated with Joytech and I feel the quality and support of that really shines here.

If you get a black mod and want a sub ohm tank to match, the Uwell crown tank is also dead sexy in black, I got it along with an extra glass in translucent black. I also bought the RBA for the crown.

PS: I am not trying to get you to buy a Presa, I simply liked it more for me than anything else available, even $200 mods. I guess you can probably tell I really love this mod :p

In any case good luck and happy vaping!

Last edited:

Ansu

Dec 4, 2015
H
I do not think anyone could give you an %100 accurate answer because we do not know what your vaping habits/preferences are like now.

I would suggest you do something like I just did myself, go and watch reviews on youtube that show the products in question and hopefully have pro's and cons for both.

X Cube Mini
Smallish sized box mod
75 watts
PRO TC in Ni Ti and SS
$45 estimated

Koopor Mini
60 watts
nothing flashy
$40 estimated
PRO Better battery cover
USB port on bottom for updates only, separate charger required. Would suggest a spare battery.
Comes in Silver or Black

Wismec Presa 75w TC
So small you can hide it in you hand (minus tank), VERY comfortable, surprisingly heavy and solid. Dead Sexy (IMHO)
Fire button leans into the mod like this \ so squeeze and vape, left or right handed front back it does not matter

USB port just below the 2 front panel buttons for BOTH charging and updates. This allows you to charge it while it stands upright with a tank attached.

Rear battery cover is taco shaped verses flat panels in mods above. Has just a slight up/down wiggle with accompanying dink / donk sound when physically moved. Cover will not move when shaken. I could not get it to fly off even picking up the mod by the cover and trying to shake the mod off the cover even with a tank attached, very strong magnets.

$39.99 base, $44.99 with shipping from angelcigs as they were about the only ones I found with it in stock when I ordered it. (china company, shipped from a ware house in California, and I had to use paypal as a lot of american CC's auto deny anything china based even though they have a USA location that most items ship from. ) Arrived in 4 days.

As to what tank to pair with any device, the answer depends on how you like to vape. Do you sub ohm already? Do you want to just blow big clouds and do not mind a warm to hot vape? if so the the tfv4 will probably be great. Do you want a cool vape and are more concerned with flavor? If so even an aspire K1 will work fine at 10 watts / 4.2 volts and produce decent vapor, I am running that while I figure out the crown tank. I can vape for days before needing to recharge it.

Mine shipped with 1.01 Firmware, I just spent 10 seconds grabbing the 1.02 firmware and like 2 seconds installing it.
This added the TC mode for SS. FYI Wismec is associated with Joytech and I feel the quality and support of that really shines here.

If you get a black mod and want a sub ohm tank to match, the Uwell crown tank is also dead sexy in black, I got it along with an extra glass in translucent black. I also bought the RBA for the crown.

PS: I am not trying to get you to buy a Presa, I simply liked it more for me than anything else available, even $200 mods. I guess you can probably tell I really love this mod :p

Hi,
Thanks that was an intresting answer :)

Reactions: NightShadow

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
Hmm didn't know the presa 75 w did SS, some sites lists yes, others don't. The official site now also says SS. Too bad i didn't read that yesterday, otherwise i might have ordered a presa instead of smok x cube mini

It is a very recent update! I ordered my Presa on the 16th of November and it was not listed then, I did not even notice it until I was writing up the wall of text for this thread and double-checked my data. I checked the file date of the firmware update and it was released on the first of December.

If it is any consolation the day after the Presa arrived here I saw a preview of a Trigger mod and it had SS. I suppose since the Presa has that now I should say instead you have many pretty lights and I do not! And you have blue tooth so you can hand your mod to a friend, and make the coil explode mid vape...:angel:

I keep waiting to hear this happened :thumbs:

Last edited:

Ansu

Dec 4, 2015

X Cube Mini
Smallish sized box mod
75 watts
PRO TC in Ni Ti and SS
$45 estimated

Koopor Mini
60 watts
nothing flashy
$40 estimated
PRO Better battery cover
Comes in Silver or Black

Wismec Presa 75w TC

Well... I guess im a sucker for good advise. I actaully got your set up with the Wisma and Uwell Crown. I had the Koopor on the way as well but canselled when i realised it would not work well with a tank i have already. So thanks a lot :) Dont forget to head over to Wismec and claim you commision ;) Thanks though :)!

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
Well... I guess im a sucker for good advise. I actaully got your set up with the Wisma and Uwell Crown. I had the Koopor on the way as well but canselled when i realised it would not work well with a tank i have already. So thanks a lot :) Dont forget to head over to Wismec and claim you commision ;) Thanks though :)!

You are most welcome, I hope you enjoy yours at least half as well as I do mine (if not more !)

A few things to remember:

You will need at least one 18650 battery with it. I bought 2 (Genuine-lots of fakes out there) Sony VTC5 2600MAH 30A batteries for mine from eciggity for 27.73 shipped. I am sure I could have just gotten 1, but I love a spare. If you already have a battery though your fine.

Ensure you go to Wismec's homepage and download and install the latest firmware when you get it. This will let you use TC with the SS coils in the event the firmware yours comes with it 1.01 or prior. I did not like the heat of the vapor using them in NON TC mode, but WOW what a difference in TC with SS! Using mine at around 360-380F, nice and cool with great vapor production. On the other hand you might really like Power mode with them, great to have options though!

If you pick up the RBA also, remember to really tighten them up in the base, especially if you swap tanks often. This is mainly due to the Airflow control ring protruding out over the short base portion, making it possible if not careful to partially unscrew the upper portion of the tank instead of the base itself. This can cause the RBA to become unscrewed while still inside the tank. If that happens and you try to use it, you will get a "No Atomizer" on the display. Easily fixed by then removing the tank, securing the RBA and then screwing the tank back onto your mod. This happened to me once only, and I learned my lesson and has not happened again because now I know.

The other RBA tip I have is when wicking them, I tore off the top layer of the cotton and used the freshly exposed fluffy side on the top of the coil. After my first one leaked due to trimming them just a little too short i fitted another piece of cotton, and left long tails hanging to each side, then used the top cap to press down on the bows making an indentation to use as a guide to then trim off the cotton. The end result was I had a much tighter fitting top cap afterwards due to the cotton being almost too long but not quite. No More leaks, wicks just great.

Then again you may just be fine with the stock coils and may not want to try rebuilding. I like it cheap, and like the security of being able to build my own coils with just wire and cotton especially in the event some lame legislation messes up things down the road in the vape-Apocalypse! :shock:

Sadly no commission for me :) This was simply just a product that I like a lot and feel others will as well.

And now it is time for you to "Engage Package Tracking Mode" :D

Reactions: Ansu

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
I think you will need more power than what those mini puts out with the TFV4. Also Smok is coming out with the T-8 I gotta check that sucker out. So glad I dumped the crown for this tank. Only advise I would really like to give you is if you don't DIY juice think about it ;)

Unless I am missing something, he is not using the TFV4. On the other hand since I won one in the contest I will try and let you know how it works with a tiny 75w mod after it arrives. If he had asked what can I get off the shelf that blows the biggest clouds then I may have suggested a 200 watt mod and the TFV4 with the new SEXTUPLET coils though :)

Sorry you did not like the crown tank :cry: could you tell us why perhaps?

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Unless I am missing something, he is not using the TFV4. On the other hand since I won one in the contest I will try and let you know how it works with a tiny 75w mod after it arrives. If he had asked what can I get off the shelf that blows the biggest clouds then I may have suggested a 200 watt mod and the TFV4 with the new SEXTUPLET coils though :)

Sorry you did not like the crown tank :cry: could you tell us why perhaps?

Well with the crown the flavor was not as good to me. The TFV4 just has way more options to chose from for different ppls tastes. Taste is subjective so maybe a lower wattage will be your sweet spot who knows. As long as your not running the quad or T6 and the T8 when it comes out you should be fine. Let us know what you think of the two tanks when you can do a fair comparison. He was looking for a tank and told him to keep in mind the Smok I skipped over his post right before mine to see he got a crown. He will be happy with the crown. We all know we will be having more discussions about which tank is better 6 months for now when another fine tank comes out. Vaping has come a loooong way since I started. Way cool huh.

Reactions: NightShadow

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
Well with the crown the flavor was not as good to me. The TFV4 just has way more options to chose from for different ppls tastes. Taste is subjective so maybe a lower wattage will be your sweet spot who knows. As long as your not running the quad or T6 and the T8 when it comes out you should be fine. Let us know what you think of the two tanks when you can do a fair comparison. He was looking for a tank and told him to keep in mind the Smok I skipped over his post right before mine to see he got a crown. He will be happy with the crown. We all know we will be having more discussions about which tank is better 6 months for now when another fine tank comes out. Vaping has come a loooong way since I started. Way cool huh.

I would agree that the TFV4 has more stock coils to choose from. With an RBA available for either the TFV4 and Crown if you rebuild then you can make what you like so options there aren't an issue I would think. I do like both for the top fill, the TFV4 seems huge to me, and has potentially more power requirements.

But as I hadn't tried the TFV4 yet, there is no way I could recommend it. The Crown has a lower power range required than the TFV4. Both I have seen many good reviews on. And yes things have come a long way, and new/better things are coming out weekly now it seems. This is a great time to be vaping for us all!

Reactions: Mrdaputer

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
I don't have the time to RBA. With either tank there is one thing for sure. A person should start to DIY on juices they both say feed me more feed me more lol. I have a 200 ml batch of custard just steeping away:thumb:

I can't imagine not having 5 minutes to spare to whip up a coil and wick it. Once I get a build I love I would simply sit down during some free time and pre-wrap a lot of coils and store them in a container, with pre-cut cotton wicks. I can understand if RBA's are too "fiddly" for some however :)

What brand of custard flavoring are you using? I love me some vanilla custard! :toast:

Ansu

Dec 4, 2015
Ye
You are most welcome, I hope you enjoy yours at least half as well as I do mine (if not more !)

A few things to remember:

You will need at least one 18650 battery with it. I bought 2 (Genuine-lots of fakes out there) Sony VTC5 2600MAH 30A batteries for mine from eciggity for 27.73 shipped. I am sure I could have just gotten 1, but I love a spare. If you already have a battery though your fine.

Ensure you go to Wismec's homepage and download and install the latest firmware when you get it. This will let you use TC with the SS coils in the event the firmware yours comes with it 1.01 or prior. I did not like the heat of the vapor using them in NON TC mode, but WOW what a difference in TC with SS! Using mine at around 360-380F, nice and cool with great vapor production. On the other hand you might really like Power mode with them, great to have options though!

If you pick up the RBA also, remember to really tighten them up in the base, especially if you swap tanks often. This is mainly due to the Airflow control ring protruding out over the short base portion, making it possible if not careful to partially unscrew the upper portion of the tank instead of the base itself. This can cause the RBA to become unscrewed while still inside the tank. If that happens and you try to use it, you will get a "No Atomizer" on the display. Easily fixed by then removing the tank, securing the RBA and then screwing the tank back onto your mod. This happened to me once only, and I learned my lesson and has not happened again because now I know.

The other RBA tip I have is when wicking them, I tore off the top layer of the cotton and used the freshly exposed fluffy side on the top of the coil. After my first one leaked due to trimming them just a little too short i fitted another piece of cotton, and left long tails hanging to each side, then used the top cap to press down on the bows making an indentation to use as a guide to then trim off the cotton. The end result was I had a much tighter fitting top cap afterwards due to the cotton being almost too long but not quite. No More leaks, wicks just great.

Then again you may just be fine with the stock coils and may not want to try rebuilding. I like it cheap, and like the security of being able to build my own coils with just wire and cotton especially in the event some lame legislation messes up things down the road in the vape-Apocalypse! :shock:

Sadly no commission for me :) This was simply just a product that I like a lot and feel others will as well.

And now it is time for you to "Engage Package Tracking Mode" :D

Yep... Only tracked Three times already, but hey the day is not over yet :)...This is going to be a tough week for sure :)
That T8 is it a smok or what? Tried to search but came up with Nothing..

Last edited:

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I can't imagine not having 5 minutes to spare to whip up a coil and wick it. Once I get a build I love I would simply sit down during some free time and pre-wrap a lot of coils and store them in a container, with pre-cut cotton wicks. I can understand if RBA's are too "fiddly" for some however :)

What brand of custard flavoring are you using? I love me some vanilla custard! :toast:

With the TFV4 and the dual clapton coil it is easier than me trying to make one in 5 min. I have done a RBA with the Kanger sub but did not find it as good as a lot of ppl. Taste is subjective with that too. My custard is DIY it has been work in progress for about 6 months. I find it much better to make my own juice that way I can tweak it to my or my friends liking. What ever keeps us off the cigs is the important thing.

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
Ye

Yep... Only tracked Three times already, but hey the day is not over yet :)...This is going to be a tough week for sure :)
That T8 is it a smok or what? Tried to search but came up with Nothing..

Yes the TF-T8 is a Smok Coil octuple clapton coil, 100-140 optimal power to run, so much larger mod required, a dual 18650 sized 200 watt would be optimal, and pretty much the biggest available just now. They are starting to sound like something from a terminator movie.

Here is the link to the smok coils with pretty snapshots: TFV4 Big Family - SMOK®

If you want to enter a cloud competition with stock coils, yeah your going to need a bigger boat..er mod :)

Honestly the Presa and Crown tank can go past the point where I am yelling my safe word. But hey, to each their own!

There is something you should be doing, refreshing the tracking info...have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread