Smoking leads to Banner Envy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Good plan! What helped me greatly to give up my last one (morning), was to allow myself to light it, take a puff or two, and then start to vape. It ALWAYS ended up burning out all alone.

Hope you've taken time to visit the thread on the forum for help quitting - probably something in there to help.

Best Wishes.

Here's the sub-forum " Switching"-
    Switching

Berylanna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    south Bay Area, California
    www.facebook.com
    One thing that'll help... clean your house. Including wiping down the walls. When you see all that brown/blackish gunk coming off your furniture and stuff then stopping and thinking. OMG! that is in ME! You'll not want another one again. Odd, I just never noticed it before or didn't care to, more like. *sigh* Just freaks me out now to think about it. That might help a bit with the motivation. Also, I don't know what strength your using but I have had to use 36mg juice to stay off the others switching between 24 and 36 now to start tapering down a bit.

Syl

I haven't smoked inside for 10+ years, and have scrubbed and painted since then. But I don't feel fulfilled from vaping indoors, no matter how (SFBay Area) cold out, so I have to go outside for vapes sometimes. But even AFTER scrubbing a zillion times and painting, the bathroom ceiling paint is peeling to reveal old nic stains, so maybe I should look at it more often, lol. But now you know why I have to wash my coats.

Edit: btw... just had to add a little, For the Horde! there ;P (Belf here, haven't played in awhile though)

For the Horde!!!

kiwivap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    OK, after reading all these responses I have my plan.

Between now and New years:

-- Completely fix up and organize all my vape stuff, including what goes into recycling and what goes PIF.

-- Rebuild about 10 heads, including an M3.

-- Inventory my extenders and adaptors, see if I need more (to prevent center-post drift, per some other post I found in ECF"

-- Launder my 2 coats

-- ????? Tell my family and friends? Or keep it to ECF???????

New Years Resolution:

0. Make SURE vape is ready for the morning before going to bed.
    1. Try to quit entirely, see how many days I can go. Or years.
    2. If that fails, stick to 2 combustibles/day, moving them as late into the day as possible.
    3. NEVER smoke without vaping 10 minutes first.
    4. Walk around the block, fast, 3x/week, climb stairs 4x/week

Sounds like a good plan. My suggestion is, for the first morning anyway - have your favorite tank and drip tip ready. The ones you really like the most. If you have a favorite morning cuppa - have that with it. Its a special occasion - a first vape of the day.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 14, 2012
    Toronto,Canada
    I'm still smoking combustables (1/3 PAD) after a year of vaping, and I have not seen a decrease in the last 4 months. Since I had so much decrease in the first few months of vaping, I was hoping that would continue down to like 3-4 a day, but that is not happening.

Looking at everybody else's banners is driving me crazy, I WANT ONE. But when I first get up in the morning, the idea of NOT having combustibles panics me.

I'm wondering -- for New Years -- if I should

1. Try to see how many days I can go on zero combustibles?
    2. Resolve to never again have 2 or more a day and try to stick with that for a few months?
    3. Relax and see what happens nearer to the 18-month mark, which I hear is a not-uncommon time to finally quit?
    4. Resolve to put together a tool kit to handle all my occasional vaping failures? (*)

(*) So far, each advance in my vaping (devices, flavor, WTA, better devices) has led to a drop in smoking but right now my only remaining vaping problem is that I really need to rebuild Nova heads with cheesecloth to get a truly satisfying head that lasts for weeks. I'm also having some problems with occasional vapes not working because of center post issues.

Use a SS wick witha 36 mg and a good mod,if you dont quit then,ill pray for you,SS mesh wicks will hit you like freight train ive read here.

dont give up man,

Berylanna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    www.facebook.com
    I'm still smoking combustables (1/3 PAD) after a year of vaping, and I have not seen a decrease in the last 4 months. Since I had so much decrease in the first few months of vaping, I was hoping that would continue down to like 3-4 a day, but that is not happening.

Looking at everybody else's banners is driving me crazy, I WANT ONE. But when I first get up in the morning, the idea of NOT having combustibles panics me.

I'm wondering -- for New Years -- if I should

1. Try to see how many days I can go on zero combustibles?
    2. Resolve to never again have 2 or more a day and try to stick with that for a few months?
    3. Relax and see what happens nearer to the 18-month mark, which I hear is a not-uncommon time to finally quit?
    4. Resolve to put together a tool kit to handle all my occasional vaping failures? (*)

(*) So far, each advance in my vaping (devices, flavor, WTA, better devices) has led to a drop in smoking but right now my only remaining vaping problem is that I really need to rebuild Nova heads with cheesecloth to get a truly satisfying head that lasts for weeks. I'm also having some problems with occasional vapes not working because of center post issues.

Use a SS wick witha 36 mg and a good mod,if you dont quit then,ill pray for you,SS mesh wicks will hit you like freight train ive read here.

dont give up man,

I wonder what the life is of those? So far with 2 cheesecloth wicks, the long one lasted most of a month and the short one only lasted two weeks, but bother were better than the silicon ones that ship with Novas.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    www.facebook.com
    Didn't have time to make my cheesecloth wicks yet but doing OK so far with the commercial ones. Be nice to see the banner $$ number turn positive some day! I counted a "cartomizer" as a new head + 4 days' juice and said it lasted 4 days, and counted the ViVi Novas as equipment.

bebeau25

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    Tulsa OK
    Here is an idea to get over that morning cig. Wake up a little early if you have to, grab your favorite vape, get on the computer, come to this thread that you started, and tell us how you are feeling. It helps to talk about it with others. So yeah, grab your gear, vape the heck out of it and tell us all about it. It could be an ongoing thing until you get your banner. Set a goal. Do it everyday for a month. One month from whatever day you set, you'll get your banner. I'd chime in just to see how you are doing with it, and I'm sure others would as well. Whatever you decide good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    www.facebook.com
    Here is an idea to get over that morning cig. Wake up a little early if you have to, grab your favorite vape, get on the computer, come to this thread that you started, and tell us how you are feeling. It helps to talk about it with others. So yeah, grab your gear, vape the heck out of it and tell us all about it. It could be an ongoing thing until you get your banner. Set a goal. Do it everyday for a month. One month from whatever day you set, you'll get your banner. I'd chime in just to see how you are doing with it, and I'm sure others would as well. Whatever you decide good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm depressed and disoriented and WANT A COMBUSTIBLE! And forgot to make real coffee before bed. But I upped the WTA portion of my juice and it is helping. I'm SOOOOO glad I don't have any real ones in the house. Well, I wish I did but you know what I mean.

I was going to wait a month for the banner. Then a week. Then 3 days. Now I decided it would be a pride thing, to not take it DOWN. And watch the numbers climb. Even though the numbers I used to make the banner are pre-vape numbers, they tell me what would happen if I hadn't discovered vaping and if I let myself slide back to stinkys. Reality-wise, I have to divide the "analogs avoided" by 2 to see what I'm REALLY doing this week.

Last edited:

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2011
    Kent, UK
    I don't know what kind of mobile phone you have, if any, but if it's on Android, there's a really handy little app which I used when I was cutting down. Its called 'Cigarette Assistant' and it allows you to set a daily limit on how many you smoke and then counts your best time between them. All you do is press the button when you have a cigarette and the counter resets! It turns into something of a game when you try to beat your 'top score'. Currently, my time is 1058hours, 46mins and...nevermind...47mins!x

Berylanna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    www.facebook.com
    Depressed again yesterday but today is better. Today the desperation went away after about 4 puffs, didn't have to wait the usual 10 minutes-worth of vaping before I felt better. That is probably partly psychological since it does take a little more vaping to get physical relief, but still.

I did NOT make the mistake of forgetting to make coffee the night before, and when I woke up, I did about 4 puffs, then went to the forum to see my banner, then poured the coffee. Now it's time to go outside to my coffee/wakeup/daylight/smoking area and vape with my coffee.

Thanks for the help, folks!

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
    May 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    www.flavorplace.com
    The first day I quit I vaped a lot and then I smoked a regular cigarette and found it to be almost the same as vaping so I gave regular cigs the boot. I don't feel like I'm killing myself when I vape. Just vape higher nicotine strength and see if that makes the urges for regular cigs go away. Throw the cigs away and vape. If you have to buy another pack then do so. If you can't do that then you should try to smoke 1 less cigarette a day. You should be able to get below 5 cigs a day.. You have to have willpower and want to quit.

barbee865

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    I had to have a little pep talk with myself. I literally stood there and had a conversation with myself about how stupid i was for continuing to smoke when i had a vaporizer in my pocket. I keep a carto of the harshest throat hitting juice i have and whenever i want one i vape it for a minute. i have to refill it about every few days.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    www.facebook.com
    Did you find a ejuice you really like yet?

Long since, that is a HUGE prerequisite! I've been vaping almost a year now.

When I first started vaping, I was using 808's and 555. Cut down to 3/4 PAD from 1 1/4.

Found VV and clearos. Didn't make progress because the clearos leaked, too much trouble.

Found the ViVi Nova, figured out how to prevent leaking. Got to 1/2 PAD.

Found WTA and Heather's Heavenly Vapes Gandalf. Got to 1/4 PAD.

Got stressed, and ordered too much 18 and 12, got up to 2/3 PAD.

Got back up to 24 for all juices, got more stressed, got down to 1/2 PAD.

Made New Year's resolution, quit combustibles, too much stress.

Increased the % of WTA juice in my mix from 50% to 66%, felt better, but didn't like the taste (not enough Gandalf in the mix)

Got banner, changed mix to about 60% WTA, 40% Gandalf, doing well now. Continued happiness requires frequent reading of my banner, and making durned sure EVERYTHING is charged, cleaned, full, in reach, not buried under obsolete vape stuff (got a box for PIF stuff, put the DIY stuff in the garage "just in case", same with the 808 stuff)

Looking for a public domain smoking cessation timeline that I can make into a PDF and print and post. But doing my taxes and clearing out files is higher priority.

dlsw

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Ohio
    Depressed again yesterday but today is better. Today the desperation went away after about 4 puffs, didn't have to wait the usual 10 minutes-worth of vaping before I felt better. That is probably partly psychological since it does take a little more vaping to get physical relief, but still.

I did NOT make the mistake of forgetting to make coffee the night before, and when I woke up, I did about 4 puffs, then went to the forum to see my banner, then poured the coffee. Now it's time to go outside to my coffee/wakeup/daylight/smoking area and vape with my coffee.

Thanks for the help, folks!

Your banner looks great! The first three days were the worst, and I mean the WORST for me. I'm surprised I didn't see bugs crawling on the walls or something. It gets so much better after that!

Berylanna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    www.facebook.com
    I think you need to find more ejuice you like. What kind of flavors do you like? I'm sure people on here can recommend some

I'm good. Gandalf has its own school of addicts. I have banana WTA and non-WTA berry juices to use if/when I get the taste bud doldrums but for now, it's like when I used to smoke. I want *my* brand. And that is 60% WTA Virginia or Turkish blend, 40% Gandalf.

Gandalf tastes a little bit like a cigar or pipe would smell.

I do have a pipe flavor I found that I want to try when it comes back in stock, but the problem is, ALL my other juices besides the Gandalf just sit on the shelf, it seems like "today" is never the day to vape them. That's about 9 other flavors. Why make it 10?
    And that is not counting the 15 or so flavors I've already given away, or, in 4 cases, discarded.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread