Smoking was supposed to kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I don't care if I heard the story a zillion times before, it's still great to hear from a new person.
I'm soooo happy for you.
Congrats and welcome to ECF and your new life.

--------------------------------------------
Indiana or Georgia?? Act NOW!!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...live-indiana-georgia-act-now.html#post1685232
--------------------------------------------
Consider me your recycling center for njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 useless batteries.
Other hardware if it’s still usable.
Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
----------------------------------------------
Support CASAA
CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
CASAA.org

jamesam1243

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2010
Midland Michigan
every time i try to quit cigarettes i fail badly and i have spent twice as much on quitting smoking as cigarettes would have cost me, but then again over the last three months of failing i have averaged 5 cigs a day verses the 40 a day i use to smoke, and it is kinda nice to not feel like death warmed over anytime i tried to do anything.
it's just that i could not afford my $330 per month cigarette habit is why i tried ecigs, but hopefully i will at least break even at around 8 months.

so far i still have to smoke :(

August 10 smoked 00 cigs, 40 less than my usual 40 cigs a day 3475 cigarettes not smoked in 98 days by using snus, Stonewall, Joye 510, Hello 016, Ken's BoxMod, MadVapes 2xAA Box Mod, WetBox Vaporizer (ecig) and 19 bottles of ejuice partially used , $0.28 per cig X 3475 Cigs = $973.00 diverted from cigarettes to Vaporizer (ecig). OMG I have spent over $2025.59 in 92 days on this stuff but bare in mind that i have 3 months worth of supplies and my old cigarette cost was $330 a month

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Congratulations! To say you've seen the light is a frivolous remark on my part, you really have seen the LED! Same here....I was smoke too, and almost died trying to prove it. 'Till my first e-cig! Ended 44 years of smoking in one day. And started to really live again.
It's wonderful to be able to change your whole life for the better..no one here will say it's easy or cheap or there's no down-side sometimes, but NO ONE will say it's impossible if you put your mind to it.
Best of Luck to you, and welcome to ECF.

spark

Aug 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
My husband is trying to use his pv, and seems to be slowly falling in love with it, however, he is still a bit of a slave to the analog. You all inspire me. You inspire me to think that this will be helpfull. I don't want to nag, he was a smoker when I met him, and fell in love with him, it is just that I want to spend a long and healthy life with him. I'm trying to not force him to vape and just let it happen, and it seems to be going that way. It is good to hear from former smokers who have embraced the vape, and who are feeling better. Cuddling up to him and hearing the congestion in his lungs is upsetting, and hearing him hack up plegm is upsetting, but hearing you speak of an end to the harm that has been done by way of cigarettes is inspiring.

Thanks to you all, and best wishes for continued improved health!

Spark

fritos1

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
cleveland
Very nice story, one of the most dramatic one I ever read here and excessive too, 2 and a half pack a day, is that even possible? :blink:

Big congratulations and check out this smoking timeline, it's very interesting : http://medicineandman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/smoking-timeline-2070x1530.gif

Yes its possible my aunt who died from cancer chain smoked a carton of cigarettes in 3 days when school was out I would ride with her to the store so I saw her 1st hand.

LiFeJunKie

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Arkansas, United States
It's been a month now since I've had a smoke. A friend came over tonight and I gave him all my "Blu" supplies and showed him my 510. He loved the "Blu" and said he was gonna use them. I gave him 510 cartomizers with the kit and prob $40 in juice. Maybe it will stick but before he left we walked outside and he lit up a cig while I vaped.
I sometimes feel like I'm the only one in the world who vapes. My wife still smokes, my friends still smoke, and my relatives think vaping is weird. People say they're proud of me for quitting but "when am I gonna quit vaping".
Anyway, its been a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread