Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yeah The RSBT has a pretty tall 510. I've got the pin screwed in as far as it will go and there is still a big gap on my Sig Zmax V3. I'm waiting on a second GP Paps clone to arrive in the next few days for my RSBT. I love my kayfun on it to much to switch...

View attachment 363467

Nah the RSBT's 510 is ok; it's that sigelei's 510 connector that sticks up too high -- I, and every other Sig Zmax owner, has the same issue; that slight bevel on the "flattop" is also part of the problem. I use a Kayfun ring as a beauty ring instead of the standard top cap on the sigelei, it works great to hide that ugly gap.

Andria

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, been following this thread and my RSBT came in on Thursday. I have 4 Kayfun clones and 1 authentic Kayfun Lite V2. I'm hoping to eventually have my RSBT for the second tank with tank cracker ejuice. I really like the features of the RSBT and hopefully I can get a passable vape from it eventually. The RSBT is well made, smooth treads, nice airflow control and an adjustable 510 screw.

The vapor is good but the flavor is muted compared to the Kayfun. Wicking is a bit trickier than Kayfuns too. So far this has been working for me;

28 gauge, 8 or 9 wraps on a 2mm little blue screwdriver and I wrapped it in reverse. Start wrapping with the wire under the screwdriver instead of over it. That way I can have the coil level with the juice holes with the leads near the posts. Normal way I was getting hot leads.
001a.jpg

Organic cotton threaded through the coil with some resistance. Trimmed the cotton just at the tank O-ring so it looks like a Protank.
002a.jpg

So far, so good on my MVP2 :)

I like that the RSBT isn't a knock-off copy. I looked at the Fogger V4 but not a fan of sub-ohming and Fogger V4's have construction quality issues. Plus there are several versions of the V4, i.e. 4.1, 4.1+ and 4.1 (4.4). They keep making changes to the Foggers deck. Those that love it have also performed a lot of tinkering with it. The AGA-T7 looks interesting.

Update: Initial tank worked fine, after refilling, the cotton just couldn't wick fast enough. Not dry hits but just about. Watched a couple new vidoes and changed location of my coil. Now it's high in the deck with the cotton dropping down into the deck near the juice holes.
005a.jpg

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Nah the RSBT's 510 is ok; it's that Sigelei's 510 connector that sticks up too high -- I, and every other Sig Zmax owner, has the same issue; that slight bevel on the "flattop" is also part of the problem. I use a Kayfun ring as a beauty ring instead of the standard top cap on the Sigelei, it works great to hide that ugly gap.

Andria
Nice! Thanks for the tip! The spare rings I have for a tobeco kayfun won't thread on but I'll try it with my Ehpro kayfun rings next time I rebuild it!

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Here's how I wick mine...

One piece of 2 mm silica as the main side-to-side wick...clipped about 1 mm outside the holes after the chimney is installed. Center portion is that wick plus four more pieces of 2 mm silica that only extend to just shy of the inside walls of the deck. Gives a nice fat coil and plenty of held juice at the coil. Currently I'm running a 1.4 ohm 28 ga coil on my Stingray mod and I lung hit with all five air holes open and never get a dry hit with this setup. I've also used less center wick but this works best for me.

Oh yeah... 50/50 juice most times.

I just refill as needed and it's maintenance free.

I did experiment with about 25 coil designs including braided 32, twisted 28 and 32, and other variations running from 1 ohm to 2 ohm since I got this RSBT just because ;) --but this is the best to date for me.

As always, your mileage may vary ~lol~

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I just take out the fill screw and shoot it full with a syringe. Takes less than 2 minutes to top off a tank.

Still loving mine here...
I only have a couple of needle tips that screw directly on to plastic juice bottles. Takes forever to fill and I make a bubbly mess trying to fill like that. I need to get some actual syringes but filling by taking the top off works great! I could practically fill my RSBT with a five gallon bucket!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Nice! Thanks for the tip! The spare rings I have for a tobeco kayfun won't thread on but I'll try it with my Ehpro kayfun rings next time I rebuild it!

No, they won't thread; it just sits there around the threads for the topcap; the tank holds it in place once it's screwed in.

Andria

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My spare Kayfun deck screws do seem to fit the thumb screws. Still using the thumbscrews to see how they work over time and last. Bad flooding whenever I have to refill so I re-read this thread. Pushed my cotton up against the juice holes so that it was just even with the metal but not sticking out. Refilled and no flooding ... so far.

Is it me or does this device seem to work better with a V V / V W mod? Works better on my MVP2 than my mechs with Kick.

Flavor is just ok, maybe because I've been using Kayfuns exclusively for the past 2 months. Like this tank, just not loving it yet. Have to find the right build to compliment my Kayfuns.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My spare Kayfun deck screws do seem to fit the thumb screws. Still using the thumbscrews to see how they work over time and last. Bad flooding whenever I have to refill so I re-read this thread. Pushed my cotton up against the juice holes so that it was just even with the metal but not sticking out. Refilled and no flooding ... so far.

Is it me or does this device seem to work better with a V V / V W mod? Works better on my MVP2 than my mechs with Kick.

Flavor is just ok, maybe because I've been using Kayfuns exclusively for the past 2 months. Like this tank, just not loving it yet. Have to find the right build to compliment my Kayfuns.

I'm afraid to use it with my mech+kick; I'd have to readjust the kick, which I *finally* got set to suit me, because I keep it set at about 9w, and with the RSBT I seem to have to run it at about 8w, or the throat hit is really harsh, almost like a dripper. I did substitute one set of my extra kayfun screws for those stupid thumbscrews; the only way I could use those would be if I cut my nails completely OFF, and I'm just not going to do that, it's bad enough having to keep them short so I can handle all these tiny fiddly things.

I was getting the flooding/leaking/gurgling when I tried rayon, but since I changed back to organic cotton, and have some of the wick down in the well, not getting the flood/leak/gurgle problems anymore. The flavor seems ok to me, but maybe that's *because* I went back to organic cotton, which does seem to have just a *slight* edge over rayon in the flavor dept.

I'm still waiting on my better driptip to use with it; I really dislike the one that came with it, that flat top is just weird feeling, and the bore is narrower than I expected. If I wanted a bore that narrow, I'd use one of my "piccolo" driptips, the ones that are *actually narrow* against your lips, instead of that big fat flat-top pyrex it came with. I think it ought to be here tomorrow.

Andria

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Seems the flooding problems come when you try to dial in an alternate wick as opposed to the silica which it appears to be designed to use. I've only used silica and had -0- issues with any flooding or gurgling or dry hits.

As to refilling...all I ever do is pop the sleeve off, remove the screw and fill using a small diameter needle and syringe...I don't mess around with the airflow or change anything and it never floods.

I run mine on my mech with 18650 VTC5's --coil 1.4 gives about 11 watts depending on voltage left in the battery (I recharge at 3.8) -- With the airflow all the way open it's not hot nor does it bite my throat at all...just nice full vapor

And sorry Andria.. I like this drip tip as well..

But as always..this is my experience--your mileage may vary!

cropped.jpg

Last edited:

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks Sarge, sometimes a picture is worth a 1000 words. Will try your silica wick when I need to change out my cotton. Was wondering if ss mesh would work like in a Taifun. Last refill no flooding, keeping my fingers crossed.

I like the drip too, just added a wrap or two of dental floss under the O-ring to keep it tight. Also, it's the only one I've tried so far that will sit flush but haven't gone thru my whole collection.

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Looks great Andria! Happy you found a drip tip you like.

This is an odd little beastie for me. Tried ss mesh with cotton at the juice holes. Ehh. So-so. Built a new coil and cotton again with just ever so little thru the juice holes. Dry hits. Re-arranged the cotton so it drapes down to the channel and just blocks the juice holes. So far, so good. Much less flavor at 5 holes but no dry hits.
001a.jpg 005a.jpg

To help wicking and flavor, I usually draw with 2 or 3 holes.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
So my RSBT has had it's ups and downs. The two builds I did previous to what's in it now were giving me wicked dry hits (cotton lightly poking out the holes and a silica build). The current one has been going strong for three fills and I think I've found a winner, it's sort of a kayfun like build. I made a 2mm 30 gauge 5 wrap microcoil at 1.0 Ohms, threaded a piece of sterile cotton through and clipped so it hung out both sides about a half inch. Then tucked them in the well so the cotton touched the bottom and pressed up the sides to cover each hole then made a 90 degree angle to the coil. No floods or dry hits! Working better then my second build which i felt was successful.

Once I vape through this tank I plan to rebuild and post some pics....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread