trailerized

Jan 12, 2011
The Hills FL

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
XL cartos are what the smokteck dct tanks use, so yes those cartos should work fine. A little pricey, tho. I just bought a bunch of these from smoktek directly for 50 cents cheaper apiece, plus you can choose between one or two hole prepunched.

Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL

If you don't already use one, I recommend you get a tank filling tool like the Slap-Yo-Mama tool from Big Daddy Vapor. It fits on the end of the carto where the drip tip goes. You use it when putting the carto thru the end caps of your tank, protecting the inner 0-rings from the sharp edge of the carto. Damaged inner 0-rings is what probably causes tanks to flood or leak juice.

When filling the tank with juice, the filling tool blocks the top of the carto, eliminating getting juice into the air hole. It might seem pricey, but believe me, in the long run it will increase your enjoyment of your tanks...by tankfuls...

Slap-Yo-Mamma tank tool from Big Daddy Vapor
View attachment 122455 View attachment 122456

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just wanted to say thanks again I ordered everything I wanted from smoktec, somethings were more money. But it was nice getting everything from one place.

I just replaced some older dual coils with my new single coils from them. Pre-filled the single or double pre-drilled cartos (depending upon juice thickness) and with a toothpic in the air hole. Inserted the prepped carto into the tank with the tank filling tool attached (both lubricated with a little juice) and filled the tank up, and inserted a drip tip.

One of the best experiences I've had vaping on with a carto tank. I probably exchanged cartos on 5 tanks, all are vaping perfectly. I really like the single coil cartos so far.

Yeah, you can save money by ordering everything from a single vendor. Shipping can add a significant amount to your purchase price if you are using multiple vendors.

trailerized

Jan 12, 2011
The Hills FL
Well I got my order in the mail lastnight and got a tank set up with my mountain dew juice. Had a small flooding problem hopefully it wont happen on the second fill. I also setup another tank with redbull and it worked great best vape I've had yet. Really diggin the single coil on the ego twist. I'm wanna order the fill/insert tool you mentioned soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread