Smoktek epower 14650

Status
Not open for further replies.

H Niemand

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Philly PA
I have had an smoktek EPOWER collecting dust for over a year. I could never get either the original or replacement switch to work right. It would just shut off. The only way to reset it would be to unscrew it from the battery and screw it back down.

Doing one of my searches, I noticed that a vendor, Tropical Vapors, had a new ego threaded switch with 5 push protection for $11. He had a few other things that looked good at decent prices. So, $41 later I placed the order. Figured all I had to lose was $11.
Got the order on Saturday. I had already charged my batteries. Slapped the battery in the tube, screwed the switch down seeing it flash and screwed on an EVOD.

Amazingly, it works great! Been using it since Saturday with no problem. It does act like an ego in that when the charge drops the only signal is reduced vapor. It's not like my VVs that let me know before this.

Bottom line is that I now have a working mechanical mod and don't have to buy one. My ego batteries are old and need replacement that I did not want to do. I needed a tough mod for work and now have one.

Good for me!!!:vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread