Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
If you plan on using the 1.5 ohm DC cartos, then no its not a good choice. I run my DC cartos at 5.5V and that draws 3.66A. You could e-mail him and ask him if he will make you one with a 6amp regulator instead.
I must respectfully disagree with you mv2envy. I think 5.5v is way too hot for 1.5 dual coils. I use the EMDCC or the new E-Power mega dual coil (epdcc) at 4v and it's got all the vapor and th I need. Telling someone to run these at 5.5 just because you do is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
I must respectfully disagree with you mv2envy. I think 5.5v is way too hot for 1.5 dual coils. I use the EMDCC or the new E-Power mega dual coil (epdcc) at 4v and it's got all the vapor and th I need. Telling someone to run these at 5.5 just because you do is wrong.

I totally agree with you. I understand some people like the high voltage with the dual coils, but for me 4.5 is all I would need, and at that point it is still slightly strong.

mv2envy

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
Los Angeles
I never told him to run it at 5.5V I said I run mine at 5.5V! Plus 5.5V isnt much for a 3.2ohm coil! Remember, the power going to that carto isnt the same as if it were going to a 1.5/1.6 ohm carto/atty.

That being said, taste is very subjective. He asked a question if that mod is good for dual coil cartos, and I had to give him the correct answer. And the correct answer is, it wont be able to run them at full voltage! It needs a 6A regulator to do that and survive!

Caveman, just send smoktek a e-mail and ask him if he can sell you one built with a 6A regulator instead. There shouldn't be that much of a difference. Hell Ill even send you a free 6A regulator to send him so he doesn't charge you extra for it.

Caveman Mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Jackson MI
Godzilla will have some his vv foxy box mods done next week and they r only $38.00. I asked him some questions about the duals and he said that I can run high volts on his with the 2.0 or 2.5 ohm dc but not the 1.5 ohm. Thanks for offer of the 6 amp thats really nice of u but I don't think I will need it if I run lower ohm dc though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread