Smokymiser leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamedMunn

Aug 17, 2011
Glasgow
Has anyone else used the guarantee no leak ce3 smokymisers? I bought some a few days ago and after one fill the juice poured out of the battery end. I had exactly the same problem with the ce2 clearomisers. I had been using cheap cartomisers and upgraded to see if i could get a better amount of vapour etc. So far thats almost £20 spent and both products are pretty much a fail. I have emailed totally wicked and am waiting a reply. Anyone else had this problem?:(

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
I'm using a CE2 Clearomizer right now...in fact I'm on refill number 4...no leaks, no cracks, no errors as of yet. I've never tried a smokymizer, but I'm wondering if they got damaged during shipping or something. If you look very closely at them, do you see any cracks? Are you sure you have a good connection on the battery end? What exactly are you putting them on?

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
It's un likely to be cracked tubing, the tubing on the smokeimizers is more of a silicone based plastic, it's pretty much shatter proof unlike the old CE2 tubes. No, leaking is more then likely through a number of possible things: you could be overfilling them and allowing juice to go up and into the central air tube. Don't get fluid in the central tube, ever! If it's coming out the battery then fluid is getting don't the centre somehow, you don't want that. Another way it could be happening is through transist. They really only like to be vertical all times, else they are stupidly easy to have leak everywhere. for me they are at home only use, taking them out and about is a bit of a gamble.

To refill them, take off the end cap and remove the small (and irritatingly fiddlely) plug with the tweezers provided. Syringe in some juice but try to leave around 2-3ml gap for air flow and to decrease likelihood of leaking into the air tube. Replace fiddle plug and you should be good to go. Hold them vertical as much as you can, down vape them with your device pointed upwards if you can help it. You will get, even with the most care in the world, some small amounts of fluid build up in the central tube, this is likely a mixture of condensation and small amounts of juice. That's unfortunently unpreventable.

All in all, they are not as amazing as TW make out, though the claims of them being non cracking / shattering plastic wise is, at least in my testing: true enough.

Psy-Crow

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2011
Russia
vapegrabber.com
Another way it could be happening is through transist. They really only like to be vertical all times, else they are stupidly easy to have leak everywhere. for me they are at home only use, taking them out and about is a bit of a gamble.

Too bad :(. That always steers me away from clearomizers, and makes good old CE2R4 cartomizers the only choice. I can put 'em everywhere and they don't leak, no matter how I shake them.

NamedMunn

Aug 17, 2011
Glasgow
basically i have went through three now. I fill exactly as described. Remove plug. syring through hole. only filling about a half way up. the juice then pours through either the battery end or then seeps around the base. I must be doing something really wrong as i seem to be the only one with a problem but im sure im doing it right! im really annoyed as the vapour production and throat hit was fantastic. hmmmm

NamedMunn

Aug 17, 2011
Glasgow
All in all, they are not as amazing as TW make out, though the claims of them being non cracking / shattering plastic wise is, at least in my testing: true enough.

That at least is correct. the plastic hasnt cracked or shattered. It seems to be a sealing issue. I sat one filled vertically on my table. and the juice just pooled around the thread end and over the table. I have lost about 8 ml of liquid through trying to figure out the problem

Olef

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
UK
Guys i have figured out the problem. i think. I compared the three i used to some pictures. the central tube was detached and the case wasnt fixed on properly. then filling it half way the liquid was going into central tube and straight through the atty. took one apart. fiddled with it an it seems to be fine now. thanks for all the help :)

Sounds like pretty poor quality control. Glad you got it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread