So happy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclepoop

Feb 18, 2016
So I got all my gear in last week. Thanks to everyone that responded to my post. I am going to try and interact more but there is so much info on these forums all my questions have been answered several times already.

I ordered the iPV Velas, it was in bad shape new in the package. The stickers were peeling at the edges and paint/coating on the bottom had small nicks in it and just felt really cheap in the hand. I know I was buying a cheap mod but wasn't expecting what I got. So away it went back and I ordered a Smoant Battlestar in stainless steel.

Got the Battlestar, dual battery case and the Mad Dog Desire tank. VaporDNA had the Desire tank for 0.99$ on an order of $50+, hence the addition of the dual battery case. My intentions were to trade the Desire for some juices or coils for the TFV8 and looking at the Desire I want to keep it, it looks good and it has a lot of great reviews.

Issue is I now have to pick up every coin I see on the ground so I can get a coil build kit and a bunch of wire.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I found a coilbuilding kit very helpful as someone new to it, but it's certainly true that you can do it with less. Well, maybe true for you, not so much for me, but I use most of the stuff that came in mine, so for me it was worth the investment.

And.... you will have more questions, I promise. I read a lot and watched a lot of tutorials and my first build required interactive cliffnotes from the forum, nevertheless.

If you have mechanical/electrical skills at all, your experience may be totally different though. Glad you are enjoying your new vaping gear.

Anna

Reactions: unclepoop

unclepoop

Feb 18, 2016
To be honest I like how easy building with a kit is. It also saves me the time of going to different sites or stores to get each piece. I have some tools since I do work on my vehicles on occasion but there is a lot I do not have, like flush cutters, ceramic pliers/tweezers the right screwdrivers for wrapping on.

I am liking the Battlestar but now I am having an issue. The TFV8 leaked like a sieve, which was odd I had just gotten done vaping a tank of liquid. Since this happened no matter if I put the GTA or the TFV8 I get the "shorted" error.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man, hope you find a solution. HATE those kind of leaks. I'll usually play with a new setup on my old first beater mod, the IPV-5, but either I need different batteries, or it just died. I need to wipe down the terminals and try some newer batteries. It's the best mod to try out new stuff on (I have discovered) as I really don't much care what happens to it, and it's also been indestructible, for the most part....

Anna

Reactions: unclepoop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread