The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

So happy....

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by unclepoop, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. unclepoop

unclepoop Full Member

Feb 18, 2016
    So I got all my gear in last week. Thanks to everyone that responded to my post. I am going to try and interact more but there is so much info on these forums all my questions have been answered several times already.

I ordered the iPV Velas, it was in bad shape new in the package. The stickers were peeling at the edges and paint/coating on the bottom had small nicks in it and just felt really cheap in the hand. I know I was buying a cheap mod but wasn't expecting what I got. So away it went back and I ordered a Smoant Battlestar in stainless steel.

Got the Battlestar, dual battery case and the Mad Dog Desire tank. VaporDNA had the Desire tank for 0.99$ on an order of $50+, hence the addition of the dual battery case. My intentions were to trade the Desire for some juices or coils for the TFV8 and looking at the Desire I want to keep it, it looks good and it has a lot of great reviews.

Issue is I now have to pick up every coin I see on the ground so I can get a coil build kit and a bunch of wire.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Khannnnn

Khannnnn Senior Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Welcome to the addiction!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    You don't really need a coil build kit if you have some small screwdrivers or an assortment of drill bits, you can use those until you get a coil sizing kit but honestly, I used screwdrivers for a few years and the results are the same.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I found a coilbuilding kit very helpful as someone new to it, but it's certainly true that you can do it with less. Well, maybe true for you, not so much for me, but I use most of the stuff that came in mine, so for me it was worth the investment.

And.... you will have more questions, I promise. I read a lot and watched a lot of tutorials and my first build required interactive cliffnotes from the forum, nevertheless.

If you have mechanical/electrical skills at all, your experience may be totally different though. Glad you are enjoying your new vaping gear.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    You will love that Battlestar.

• Like Like x 1
  6. unclepoop

unclepoop Full Member

Feb 18, 2016
    To be honest I like how easy building with a kit is. It also saves me the time of going to different sites or stores to get each piece. I have some tools since I do work on my vehicles on occasion but there is a lot I do not have, like flush cutters, ceramic pliers/tweezers the right screwdrivers for wrapping on.

I am liking the Battlestar but now I am having an issue. The TFV8 leaked like a sieve, which was odd I had just gotten done vaping a tank of liquid. Since this happened no matter if I put the GTA or the TFV8 I get the "shorted" error.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Man, hope you find a solution. HATE those kind of leaks. I'll usually play with a new setup on my old first beater mod, the IPV-5, but either I need different batteries, or it just died. I need to wipe down the terminals and try some newer batteries. It's the best mod to try out new stuff on (I have discovered) as I really don't much care what happens to it, and it's also been indestructible, for the most part....

Anna

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.