So I came across something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
if you haven’t heard already there is a new rda called the NCR it’s coiless with a ceramic heating element that is also made with SST aluminum nitrate mixed with the ceramic do not vape on this device! Jai Haze, Legion Vapes and several other reviewers all agree not sownthing safe to vape on
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...no_one_going_to_talk_about_how_dangerous_the/ this is a reddit page with info on this device. This is not a review it is a warning delete or repost as needed I’m just trying to look out for my fellow vapers

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Is this just speculation or is there some evidence that this coil material is unsafe? Something could be dangerous by itself but harmless when mixed/alloyed with other material and used properly. I heard the same cautionary statements years ago when we all started using Kanthal, the aluminum would kill us. NiChrome is another example, people confuse it with Ni200 all the time.

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
Hmm... could be accurate or not, IDK if they somehow made it safe or not, but either way not something I'm likely to vape, TBH.

But thanks for posting the warning, if it's accurate especially.... Which I don't know enough to say one way or the other.

Anna
Yea I’ve only seen what reviewers have done and their experience with it then I found the reddit post MVS actually removed it from their lineup and I couldn’t find any info on the manufacturer at all I only know it’s made in China a few of the places I’ve seen it for sale at are vapesourcing.com and heavens gifts it’s construstion is PC for the barrel and drip tip and then aluminum cage covering heating element and then SS base the heating element itself is made from aluminum nitrate and ceramic

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
Is this just speculation or is there some evidence that this coil material is unsafe? Something could be dangerous by itself but harmless when mixed/alloyed with other material and used properly. I heard the same cautionary statements years ago when we all started using Kanthal, the aluminum would kill us. NiChrome is another example, people confuse it with Ni200 all the time.
The coil isn’t a coil it’s ceramic with aluminum nitrate formed into a wafer it’s simile to the heating element aspire used way back when they tried using ceramic in the Atlantis tank

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
There is thread I believe here on ECF about the rda. Ceramics have been tried many times, some are successful others not so much.
Yes I’ve heard of a very few successful ones this one is like the one that aspire used when they tried ceramics this one however doesn’t have a coil inside like the aspire one it is actually made of aluminum nitrate and ceramic all in one piece

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
The coil isn’t a coil it’s ceramic with aluminum nitrate formed into a wafer it’s simile to the heating element aspire used way back when they tried using ceramic in the Atlantis tank

Okay, I should have said heating element but doesn't change the gist of my post. Aluminum nitrate by itself may be an issue but when mixed with ceramic it may be safe, I don't know.

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
Okay, I should have said heating element but doesn't change the gist of my post. Aluminum nitrate by itself may be an issue but when mixed with ceramic it may be safe, I don't know.
I’m not sure either but it would have to contain a decent amount as to properly heat it and combine humidity of the ejuice inside it’s a possibility to form ammonia on the heating element as I said I couldn’t find any info on the manifacturer of the device itself so as to what the ratio of aluminum nitrate used is unknown to me I did all the possible research i could find before posting

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
I was going on the information on the device that I could find I watched several videos including ones that advocated for it and then did my internet search to try to find the manufacturer and anything else on the device not covered in the videos I trust the reviewers who spoke bad of it and cautioned their viewers not to buy it

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Aluminum nitride, not nitrate.

Reddit is all ababble about this thing, and Jai Haze has posted a profanity-laced video on it (zero to f-bomb in less than 60 seconds) and tells you absolutely nothing for 15 minutes.

I think It looks interesting. Promising, even.

I'm not buying conclusions jumped to in an internet forum made famous for its trolling foo (not this one). But I'm not running out to get one, either.

Let's see what shakes out after the usual hysterics over new stuff dies down.

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
Aluminum nitride, not nitrate.

Reddit is all ababble about this thing, and Jai Haze has posted a profanity-laced video on it (zero to f-bomb in less than 60 seconds) and tells you absolutely nothing for 15 minutes.

I think It looks interesting. Promising, even.

I'm not buying conclusions jumped to in an internet forum made famous for its trolling foo (not this one). But I'm not running out to get one, either.

Let's see what shakes out after the usual hysterics over new stuff dies down.
Legion vapes did a video too less profanity than Jai Haze but towards the same conclusion as Jai and sorry about the nitrate I was typing in a hurry as I hate to type. I’m not sure how many Americans watch legion vapes as he is in Australia and it could be good but there are absolutely no details about who manufactured this device I am just trying to make sure the info is decimnitated to as many people as possible in case the device is harmful as I said before I’m not looking to stir things up If need be I can try to get a forum moderator to delete the thread

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think it's totally fine to mention concerns. Just know they may or may not be valid, but I think it's okay to mention, if anything it will probably cause more people to investigate it prior to getting one, not always a bad thing. I don't think you are "stirring up trouble," but again, I don't really know the device that well. I wouldn't worry about it though, same thing was actually said by a vaping company who couldn't seem to get a ceramic coil structure they liked and posted dire warnings about ceramic, that were later proven somewhat unfounded.

Same thing may or may not happen here, but either way, knowledge (even if later found to be less of a cause of caution than in the beginning) is fine.

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I don't think you're trying to stir things up, and it's cool to bring up stuff like this.

But hey... It wasn't that long ago that vaping on a coil with a resistance blow 1.0 Ohms was considered insane. And no one with any sense needed more that 15 Watts! Variable wattage? Just a fad.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
With new, comes the possibility of exiting awesomeness, and the worry of potential problems.

And yet, amazingly, despite all the early pioneers, people here are celebrating amazingly lengthy vapeversaries.

It's pretty remarkable if you consider it. :) I feel happy vaping was there for me when I needed it, and in a state that there is tons of great older stuff, tons of fun new stuff, and the occasional "worry-fret." I mean, that's life :)

I remember FREAKING out about TC when I got here.... And yet I still vape VW on occasion and am breathing easily... after an hour of a half of yoga (WITH vape breaks). LOL.

Anna

Jonathan Thomas

Mar 8, 2017
Mckinney Texas
I think it's totally fine to mention concerns. Just know they may or may not be valid, but I think it's okay to mention, if anything it will probably cause more people to investigate it prior to getting one, not always a bad thing. I don't think you are "stirring up trouble," but again, I don't really know the device that well. I wouldn't worry about it though, same thing was actually said by a vaping company who couldn't seem to get a ceramic coil structure they liked and posted dire warnings about ceramic, that were later proven somewhat unfounded.

Same thing may or may not happen here, but either way, knowledge (even if later found to be less of a cause of caution than in the beginning) is fine.

Anna
Haha yea and I know there are ceramic coils that are quite good I played around the mesh rda for a bit before I went back to my trusty old stainless steel coils I just wanted to raise some concern of the device that seemed not quite right with me I personally like to stay up to date on all things vaping so I can make my own informed choices since joining ECF I felt like giving back I did as much reading about this device as could be found some positive some not so positive. the main issue that kept coming up was the aluminum nitrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread