So is Hype no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I just don't get Hype. Maybe there was something wrong with my juice, but it tastes and smells just awful, chemically, horrible. I like Boba's a lot. I've let other people smell the bottle of Hype and they have the same reaction I do. They wince. Can't even give it away. Truly one of the worst juices I've ever had. Strange.

Last edited:

Oriana871

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Toronto
I always read lots of reviews before I purchase any juice, and there were so many good ones for Hype. So I'm kind of disappointed, but yeah like I said, I think I got a bad batch or something. Doesn't smell or taste like fruit. Oh well. Boba's didn't stike me initially but now I love it :). I open the Hype every once in a while but can't get myself to even put it in an atty.

Jermania

Moved On
Jun 18, 2012
Valhalla
I am not a fan of fruit flavors at all, and I can definitely see why someone would sense a chemical type aroma and taste from hype, but I must say it became my favorite out of the many samples I recently ordered. First impressions are always the most vivid, and sounds like you had a bad one. If I were you I would stash it away for a few days to clear it from your mind, then try again.

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
I am not a fan of fruit flavors at all, and I can definitely see why someone would sense a chemical type aroma and taste from hype, but I must say it became my favorite out of the many samples I recently ordered. First impressions are always the most vivid, and sounds like you had a bad one. If I were you I would stash it away for a few days to clear it from your mind, then try again.

Agreed put it in a drawer and forget about it for couple of months then come back to it. Def needs to steep for sure.

N2DFlood

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
OKC, OK
Thats odd, i dont normally go for fruit flavors, but I picked up some hype from a AVE distributor (SmokTek) and its getting way more ATTY time than Boba... I'm in love with it!

This morning had to get in on 100ml each, Boba, GJ, Hype, Bees Knees, and got some of Christy's Capp for my buddy. Took a few tries, but as soon as I heard that email come through with order confirmation...I got an overwhelming sense that everything is right in the world.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Thanks folks but the juice has been steeping for 5 months. Smells like perfume.

It's the nature of the beast. Some juices I try just have a strong taste of perfume/chemical when other people love them. Everyone's sense of taste and smell is different and they do change over time. I doubt you had a bad "batch" or "bottle." I've seen lots of people not like certain flavors and assume that they got some out of a bad "batch."

With gorilla juice and boba's, the flavors always tasted different to me. When I first started vaping them, gorilla juice was my favorite and boba's was second. With time, gorilla juice ended up taking a back seat to boba's and now I can't vape gorilla juice at all, it gives me heart burn. It wasn't anything to do with the juice, just the way my body started not to tolerate it.

Gatillero1980

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2012
Cali, Colombia
Hype is the purest flavor of all 60+ flavors I've tasted, always taste the same and is the most carto-friendly juice I've tried. A Boge carto easily last a month and don't get me started on the 801 IKV Fusions.

It may not be the absolute best flavor of all (like the first 30ml of the 100ml Boba's bottle) but is the best juice of all.

iowajosh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
iowa
That is the juice I need to reorder. The first few days in a carto are great. Then it seems to get a little bitterness to it. I also don't think it gets better when it sits. It is a different flavor. I think of it like synthetic peach/mellon. It only hits certain taste buds. Some days it tastes awesome and some days I just set it aside.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Not very many people come along with a negative reaction to Hype so my thoughts are that something went awry with your particular bottle. Submit a help desk ticket and let me know the order number and I can get a replacement bottle out to you for comparison. If you don't like both bottles, then we can be sure Hype isn't for you.

I just don't get Hype. Maybe there was something wrong with my juice, but it tastes and smells just awful, chemically, horrible. I like Boba's a lot. I've let other people smell the bottle of Hype and they have the same reaction I do. They wince. Can't even give it away. Truly one of the worst juices I've ever had. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread