So what do you keep your Provari in to keep it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Edison, New Jersey, United States
I'm a custodian in a high school and I use a military issue water tight flare holder cut down to size to keep my Tesla in....I know my new Provari is a bit shorter and narrower....I was thinking any stainless steel cigar holders that the V2.5 will fit inside of? I then thought of a leather sheath for it to carry on my belt.

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Now the Serenity gear is pretty, but for work, I kinda need something indestructible lol. teslacase.jpg I was thinking some kind of a cigar tube like this Case Tube Brushed Aluminum 2" x 8" I D w Anodized Ends for Cigar Case | eBay I do some leather working, I probably could make something similar to the Itaste134 holster to slide the tube into. My job is fairly physical at times and as pretty as the sheath's are, I need a bit more protection. The Flare tube does the job, but I think I want something more sleek for my Provari...which by the way shipped out today!

deryk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Baditude, sometimes for a brief moment I miss the days of corporate america and being in a cubicle and I could just keep the Provari in my pants pocket... then I remember the stress of it all lol... now the stress level is pretty low, I'm walking way more and get to keep the muscles pumping (beats the gym someday s lol) And the protection really isn't as much for just the Provari, its really for the tank and connection lol... they are kind of the weak link. Another plus about the P3...

Moaufan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Richland, Ga. USA
I, keep mine mostly in my front pocket but never when riding the motorcycle. Other times it depends on what I'm doing, in my hand, purse, cup holder, tackle box, golf bag, tank and windshield bags. Mine have character. I didn't buy them to sit at home. They are tough, provide me vaping bliss and go where I go by whatever means necessary. If it gets injured with the reasonable prices Provape charges for repairs, why settle for anything less than a perfect vape every time.

Last edited:

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Crosby, Texas, United States
I work in a very high stress, fast paced and hot kitchen. This is one of the reasons I chose a Provari.
That being said, I carry my Provari in my pocket inside of a serenity gear sleeve, the sleeve gives my IBT carto-tank a better chance of surviving if it is to fall on the ceramic tile.
And if my IBT does, for whatever reason, shatter I do carry several back up tanks filled and ready to go in my bag.

edit:

My phone decided that I was done writing..

Basically, all I am saying is that the last piece of equipment I am expecting to fail is my Provari.
even though I am not expecting it to fail, I still carry my other Provari in my bag with my back-up tanks/batteries.

I use 'pixie' boxes from walmart (office dept) to keep my batteries, tanks and accessories in.

Last edited:

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Baditude, sometimes for a brief moment I miss the days of corporate america and being in a cubicle and I could just keep the Provari in my pants pocket... then I remember the stress of it all lol... now the stress level is pretty low, I'm walking way more and get to keep the muscles pumping (beats the gym someday s lol) And the protection really isn't as much for just the Provari, its really for the tank and connection lol... they are kind of the weak link. Another plus about the P3...

I must have missed this post when I replied.
I don't know what your topper is but the only issue I have with my connection/IBT is when I do drop it the carto will break.
Not the glass, certainly not the Provari but the actual metal carto will become crooked and I usually just pop it back in place until I either need to change it out or the tube separates from the base. I actually broke my favorite acrylic drip tip when I dropped my PV on asphalt.
I have also managed to break 2 out of my 6 IBT's both occurred when the Provari was not in it's sleeve. I currently have 5 spare tubes on hand.
...I drop it a lot :blush:

(beats the gym someday s lol)

Most certainly does, I get paid to work out for hours on end!
And as a bonus, I thoroughly enjoy it.

ShinyMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Maybe it was my Tesla and my Inferno, but both have been dropped a few times :facepalm: and the 510 fitting on the mod side is now crooked...if it bends in my mind it can break...and that wouldn't be good.

Oh yes this is going to be a nice upgrade, the Provari's 5/10 is very solid. =p

Edit: I haz tested this thoroughly. :facepalm:

Last edited:

dailywalker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Fantastica
I tried to use a cheap eyeglasses case but it was to big for the Provari.

I ended up making a small sleeve out of a micro polishing cloth that looks like a towel.
I made one for my Dragon and one for the tank I use with it.
I put the Pro ring on the top of the tank and in the tank sleeve.

I didn't want it scratched when it was in a small bag I keep with me while at work.
The bag I use at work has my phone chargers and a mini speaker for my phone.
It also carries my eRoll PCC. an extra battery and a small bottle of liquid.
It was also is kind of a deterrent for theft. I hope out of sight out of mind.

I work in scrubs so the Provari and tank wouldn't fit in my pocket. I wouldn't want it on me with a lanyard.
I didn't want the tank on top of it just in case the 510 connection would snap off while on my Provari.

Another idea would be to use a cheap mouse pad and embroidery floss. Sew it into a sleeve.
Measure around the Provari to get the size then cut the mousepad to the doubled size.
You could put a hole in the mousepad sleeve and put a keychain ring in it.

Anyone else have any ideas sometimes my hands are full of other stuff.

Vape Happy! Vape ON! :vapor:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I must 2nd this, I carry one of my mini's in one when I am at work, I have dropped it on rough concrete several times, if it had not been in one of his sleeves, it would have been scratched up a long time ago. I just like the sleeves, I don't like the lanyard things, one of the ones I bought has loosened up a lot, but all the others don't move around in them at all, I prefer the snug fit, rather then the relaxed fit. (that one might have been a relaxed fit one)

KAS

My favorite sleeves are made by Serenity Gear. I keep all of my 'Varis in them.

SerenityGear Leather - Home

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Oh herrow. Just wanted to say that you won't ever have to worry about the 510 on the provari. I'm not sure how they do it, but the threads are ridiculously beefy.

I've dropped my provari + authentic kfl v1 from the second floor to the first. The kfl got ripped outta my provari; the 510 of the kfl was destroyed, the one on the provari was like "whud, something happened?"

Then there's also the gabillion times that I climb outta my car extra fast and my provari flies out from my lap and onto the asphalt. Ripped the threads on my tanks, and the provari is still like "whud, something happened?"

Did I also mention that I keep my provari in a compartment of my combat vest when on all my tours in Iraq? No case no nothing. (Ok I lied. I do have a jwrap on it but it's kinda pointless.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread