Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
sub ohm dropping left and right... i can count on my hands around 10+ tanks already on the market

what else you think they can innovate on?

to me seems like the innovation for bigger and better has a ceiling and we are either at it or near it

a. wattage... 50-150 is "common" nowadays, 7-30w is what most people begin with
b. sub ohm tanks, the one im using has crazy airflow and uses cotton, flavor and vapor is on par with most rdas
c. rdas with multiple ways to build, airflow, color, flavor, etc..

what you think is "the next big thing" or you believe we near the ceiling in terms of innovation

1: size.
a year or two ago, a typical tank held 2 or 3 millilitres and vaped at 5 to 10 watts.
with wattages typically running more like 30 to 50 watts, juice is getting vaped up faster and people are going to want bigger tanks

2: replaceable rba heads like the subtanks and delta.
This has already started and I expect it will become more the norm; they typical vaper might keep a 5pack or 10pack of rba heads, replace the head once a day, and do rewicking once a week.

3: more multibattery mods

I can see a triple battery arrangement like
1381308-5.jpg

becoming more popular.
- more compact
- if in series that would be 12 volts which is more of a standard consumer electronics voltage

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
A semi solid nic source something other than juice like a jel then all new products. Im sure someone will come up with something better or more efficient. The problem rt now is it has to cost about 30$ or your product gets bashed for being to expensive then it gets cloned and you make no money for all of your effort, but hay supporting a knock off market has no repercussions Ive read post after post stating its the greedy innovators who force the masses to buy knockoffs.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
A semi solid nic source something other than juice like a jel then all new products. Im sure someone will come up with something better or more efficient. The problem rt now is it has to cost about 30$ or your product gets bashed for being to expensive then it gets cloned and you make no money for all of your effort, but hay supporting a knock off market has no repercussions Ive read post after post stating its the greedy invaders who force the masses to buy knockoffs.

Oh yeah that would be nice; a power or pill/capsule, like a 24mg capsule that you could drop into a 10ml bottle and shake instead of having to deal with liquid nicotine and syringes etc.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Oh yeah that would be nice; a power or pill/capsule, like a 24mg capsule that you could drop into a 10ml bottle and shake instead of having to deal with liquid nicotine and syringes etc.
Or maybe a heating element you poked the capsule on to then screwed the device on to a ego or box or something.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Interesting new aluminum-ion battery in the news yesterday, fully charges in 60 seconds or something like that. Much promise there. With electric cars and battery-powered EVERYTHING, gotta believe that progress will be made there. Along with the advances in tanks, it's gonna be interesting, and a fun ride for sure.

It's a great time to be a vaper, isn't it??

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Interesting new aluminum-ion battery in the news yesterday, fully charges in 60 seconds or something like that. Much promise there. With electric cars and battery-powered EVERYTHING, gotta believe that progress will be made there. Along with the advances in tanks, it's gonna be interesting, and a fun ride for sure.

It's a great time to be a vaper, isn't it??

I read a article about surfer batteries awhile back they were supposed to be much better than what we are using now also.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
I think there's going to be a more efficient heating element, maybe something ceramic based instead of metal, and there will probably be pg and vg enhancements for vaporizing instead of using usp stuff.

They already have/had ceramic coils called Vaping Donuts and they SUCKED. I saw a review looked cool and sucked bad.

also what could they do to enhance pg/vg are theyre both 100% and USP=good, its what we want.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Something other than VG or PG that could make vapor at a much lower temperature then it would take lots less energy to make vapor so smaller batteries could be used

Not sure, I was thinking "low thermal capacity" after reading your post, but then you need a certain energy to be transferred through the vapors as to give the "warmth" feeling. Possibly that energy is rather a constant, so you wouldn't achieve much by varying the thermal properties of the liquid.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Here ya go: Just saw this in another thread. A new tank with a new / newer type of heating element. Uses a thin foil instead of a coiled wire, supposedly able to heat to a high temperature very quickly.

(Gotta love the threads speculating on what is to come next in vape world........LOVE it!)

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Not sure, I was thinking "low thermal capacity" after reading your post, but then you need a certain energy to be transferred through the vapors as to give the "warmth" feeling. Possibly that energy is rather a constant, so you wouldn't achieve much by varying the thermal properties of the liquid.

I love it when pretty lady's talk smart. ;-)

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
They already have/had ceramic coils called Vaping Donuts and they SUCKED. I saw a review looked cool and sucked bad.

also what could they do to enhance pg/vg are theyre both 100% and USP=good, its what we want.
Yeah but maybe they find a way to enhance it for vaping. Maybe they make pg less prone to cause allergic reactions, or make a vg compound that carries flavor better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread