May 22, 2012
Last edited:

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
You guys & gals are lucky to have other mods to sell to fund purchases for new Reos. I never had any mods prior to Reos. :p

I haven't even came close to saving money since I quit smoking, I've been spending way more which has been cutting into my tools purchases! That normally bothers me a lot but not with Reos!

Congrats on the new Reo!

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
I will soon be the proud owner of a Black Wrinkle Grand :) Bringing my total of Reo's to 3.

thanks Rob you are the best supplier ever!!!

i will name this one Black Magic.

Resistance is Futile :D

I've been eying stuff to sell as well. Puresmoker Legacy (with kick), 6 gennies, a couple of ProTanks, etc....

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
I never had any other good stuff to sell. I've got a bunch of working KR808d batteries in a ceramic cup at my place. I went straight from those to 2 Reo Grands.

I guess that makes me lucky though. I skipped some steps and quit searching for the latest/greatest thing once I bought my first Reo Grand.

HA!

Norman

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
I never had any other good stuff to sell. I've got a bunch of working KR808d batteries in a ceramic cup at my place. I went straight from those to 2 Reo Grands.

I guess that makes me lucky though. I skipped some steps and quit searching for the latest/greatest thing once I bought my first Reo Grand.

HA!

Norman

Man-o-man! I wish I had started out with Reo. I could have saved a ton o' money.:facepalm:

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana

HA!

Norman
You might not know it but you've probably saved yourself enough money to buy a Reo of each color. You should treat yourself to another for doing such a good job.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Man-o-man! I wish I had started out with Reo. I could have saved a ton o' money.:facepalm:

I got lucky! I kept coming to these boards and watching videos, etc. but even with all that over several months I had no idea I'd know how to use one properly or that I would dig it so much that it became the only "mod" I ever bought; but that's what happened.

I got lucky in another way because I got over the "learning curve" using Rob's standard (Smoktech?) $3.00 LR (1.5ohm) attys and as soon as I felt really comfortable using the Reo with those he came out with the first "reomizer" RBA.

So things just got better and better...

HA!

Still; I'm sure Reos are not for everyone but they work for me and my search for the "best mod" is over.

Norman

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
I have been scratching my head about this. My inclination is to advise the/a newb to go straight to the REO; but with all the disappointments I had came lots of adventure, excitement and discovery. I'm not sure I'd want to skip that part of the story. ?

I don't think there is any way of knowing really. I can't go back and not know what I know now. It may have been overwhelming to go straight from "analogs" to a Reo. I remember having to figure out I could buy juice straight from Hong Kong and fill my own carts instead of getting the "pre-filled" carts from the vendor I bought my first KR808d kit from. That in itself was a big step! HA!

I also remember not understanding any of the lingo folks were using on ECF. It took me awhile to figure out my battery was a KR808d and that there was a "sub-forum" for it.

So it's hard to go back to the way I felt and not know what I know now but I can sort of still feel a bit of the trepidation I had about actually buying a REO. But I had done some research. I knew you could still use carts on it if you wanted, etc.

Still, for someone totally brand new to e-cigs I don't know how I would advise them unless they lived close to me and could try my REO and I could "hold their hand" along the way. Then I might say "go for it."

Norman

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I have been scratching my head about this. My inclination is to advise the/a newb to go straight to the REO; but with all the disappointments I had came lots of adventure, excitement and discovery. I'm not sure I'd want to skip that part of the story. ?

Yea, I learned a lot along the way. Also early on when I would point people to sites and gear they always seemed to think they got free lifetime tech support with the advice. Luckily we now have a really good shop locally, they walk them through it while holding their hand. Now I just offer to meet them there to get them past the initial intimidation. It's worked much better like that. The ones who want to step it up, I'll be pointing this direction for sure. I'm amazed at how many seem satisfied with eGo's and Clearos though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread