Some GG slim ?'s from a new owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
Hi all, just received my "two tone" GG Slim yesterday afternoon. VK was out of multi-chargers, so I wasn't able to use it until today, when my girlfriend came over and let me borrow her charger (thank god). I just had a couple comments/questions concerning the gg slim. I've search the forums, but have yet to really get a direct answer to these. So maybe some other owners or Imeo himself could lend a hand;)

So, it really doesn't matter which way the battery goes in? I've always thought that the negative(-) side goes on the "spring", which on the gg slim is on the atty side. That's how I've been inserting my battery. I tried it with the the positive(+) side towards the atty (on the spring), and it also worked, but it seemed like the spring was getting caught on that little strip of metal that runs across the positive side of the 10440 battery when I was screwing on the atty cap...

Recently I just had an issue where I put down my slim and picked it back up 2 min later to find that it was super hot. Seems the little guy was just firing constantly, not sure why, it was laying on it's side with nothing touching the button (switch). What I am thinking that I had the top spring (on the underside of where the atty connection is) adjusted wrong. It was unscrewed to much? I really wish the thing came with a tiny manual or something, that would be super smart. I know these things aren't rocket science, but that was kinda a scare. I definitely could have lost a 901 atty in that situation.

Regarding the spring (under the atty connection), I don't really see where that would have to be unscrewed at all? I realize it adjusts to middle piece (the contact point for the atty), but this doesn't seem necessary to make the KR808D-1 cartomizer fire. Someone wanna clue me in here? How exactly should this thing be set up for the 901 and the Carto? Thanks for any help guys.

Another strange thing is.. the button (switch) takes next to no pressure to fire. And I mean, *nothing*. I can just "touch" the button, not push, touch; and it will fire. Hmm... Any thoughts here? It's actually kinda cool, because the button is a tad hard to push in completely with just the pinky finger. But I wish it had a little bit more pressure needed to fire. Any thoughts?

Otherwise, I friggin' love this thing thus far. it's a beauty, truly is. :D

Last edited:

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
Excuse, my posting my own thread so fast. But I believe it just answered some of my own questions. For whatever reason when I received my slim, the switch (button) end didn't want to unscrew, so I left it alone, I didn't want to apply too much pressure and hurt anything (that's just me babying my PV's like always; esp when they are new). So I was always taking off the atty end cap to place the battery in and get it out. I just unscrewed the bottom (switch/button side) and place the battery in that way, with the positive side facing toward the atty (spring). So, now there is no problem getting the battery in this way. Also, since I have done this (5min ago) the switch don't seem to fire as easily. Now I have to depress the button slightly to get it to fire as apposed to just resting my finger on it. This is good, as this was one of my concerns. =)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi friend, congatulations for your new GG !

1) GG fires because you had put the positive pole of the battery loooking the button and the nose of the battery touched the button. So please put the battery in the other way

2) You dont adjust the spring but the whole center pole by unscrewing a little the pin that the spring is attached on it

3) Maybe spring on the button is corrupt. You can easily change it by opening the button and stretch the spring. Of course you can by the magnets so no more problems with springs as all mods have. The button with magnets will have the perfect "push" for you!

Thanks a lot for your nice words and please follow ny advise and you will be the happiest man in the world.!!

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
Thanks for the responses everyone. Greatly appreciated. It's been a few days now, and the Slim has been running great. I love the look, feel and vape of this PV. I think there was just a bit more of a learning curve with this PV than there was with my others. With that said, I've been extremely happy thus far.

Thanks so much for the kind offer Rob, I'll definitely take you up on that if I find myself having anymore troubling questions.

I'm still not too sure why it would be necessary to ever adjust the center pole (atty connection)? Anyone have a thought on that? I read on another thread that it was to accommodate the KR carto's, but mine doesn't seem to need adjusting to attach.. hmm.

Let me ask this. Should the center pole be lowered enough so that the atty can screw all the way down onto the GG slim; so that there is no gap? Or should there be a small gap (.5-2mm) between the edge of the atty and my Slim? Thanks in advance.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thanks for the responses everyone. Greatly appreciated. It's been a few days now, and the Slim has been running great. I love the look, feel and vape of this PV. I think there was just a bit more of a learning curve with this PV than there was with my others. With that said, I've been extremely happy thus far.

Thanks so much for the kind offer Rob, I'll definitely take you up on that if I find myself having anymore troubling questions.

I'm still not too sure why it would be necessary to ever adjust the center pole (atty connection)? Anyone have a thought on that? I read on another thread that it was to accommodate the KR carto's, but mine doesn't seem to need adjusting to attach.. hmm.

Let me ask this. Should the center pole be lowered enough so that the atty can screw all the way down onto the GG slim; so that there is no gap? Or should there be a small gap (.5-2mm) between the edge of the atty and my Slim? Thanks in advance.

Dont worry about the gap. If your atomizers work then no need for adjustment Bubble my friend:)

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
If you're still worried about your switch firing too easily, it's worth replacing the spring tht's in there for a firmer one - or replacing it altogether with the magnets.

Also, the atomiser only ever needs to be screwed on enough to make contact - that's it. Any more attempts to tighten it to remove gaps or whatever could damage your atomiser and cause dangerous shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread