Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I've been pretty sick going on a couple weeks now, with a short break in between... goin a bit stir crazy, so I decided to try some leather working and torching, this is what I came up with:

IMG_0549_zpsa833bfd1.jpg

IMG_0555_zps929df7ed.jpg

IMG_0553_zpsb5548fba.jpg

The grommets are a bit crooked because my hands were shaking (pharmacy switched brands of meds on me, first day taking it, strange reaction to them :(). The torching came out nice though, I'm really happy with it.. I think I got the hang of it now.

The so-called Bagua clone was polished SS, but arrived pretty scratchy.. lots of swirls marks n such, so I thought I'd just give it a brushed look instead. Wanted to use a finer sand paper, but only had 150, and I used some 3in1 oil. Had to torch it again after I sanded it. I did an atomizer for it too, but in blue.. but I think it's a bit overkill, so I'm going to polish that instead and buff it into a nice shine.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Those look pretty cool, especially done by someone who is not feeling well! I really like both the torching job and the leather cover - nice job indeed!!
thanks.. :)

it was good just to get my mind off of how crappy i was feeling. i really enjoyed the torching.. think i'm gonna start torching some more things and maybe look up ways i can get better control of colours. i REALLY want to know how the nemesis guys get their colours so uniform. that red that they do looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread